No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the rack swap to do at some point, too. Anybody got a ballpark of how long that'll take? Doesn't seem like it'd be too bad, but there's always the unknown unknowns. :)
    S52-Powered 1987
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
      Use a box-ended wrench. I did it a few months back, and it was a bit of a biatch. Think I ended up beating the hell out of my hands trying to squeeze in there.
      lol i didnt even see this response...

but yup, a box ended wrench is the trick to getting that some bitch out ;)
      -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
      91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
      08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
      04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
      Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
      Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by 84driver View Post
        x3!!!!!!!!!

I hear you, I just installed US ellips so now they need 9011/9012 bulbs, there's a Lukebox on its way needing an amp too.

I also need to do the oil pan gaskets (upper and lower woooo M10 :|). My control arms have unknown mileage and the ball joints and bushings are going slowly. Plus while I'm under there I should do the rust-covered clutch slave. But then I should probably do the clutch master as well! I hope to do it all together but have been putting it off since I don't have an actual garage...

Labor of love. Knock that ish out! I'm already loving the projector headlights and fogs for the rainy season... tight steering will be a must soon too.

9011s?
        Originally posted by bmwm42
        PNW vulture pm me for parts
        Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

I think you meant 9006 bro...lol

I'm finally going to go pick up my car today after I get off work! Damn right near 3 weeks without mein E30. :(
          Hopefully I don't go putting it in 4th thinking its reverse lol

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Painted me hood today

Comment

Lol, Abe. Glad to hear your car is coming home!

Got some black heated 'vert seats today. Mmmmmmm. This car is coming together quite nicely!
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Less than an hour and a half until I'm reunited with my car....
                Hurry up Josh! :hitler:

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Pics up asap of said car abe
                  Originally posted by bmwm42
                  PNW vulture pm me for parts
                  Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

I second that motion.

Comment

dam, got my ellips today and the passenger frame is busted and both high beams are kinda loose in the frame. the black plastic clips on the end of the adjusters are all messed up. looks like my deal on a set of US ellips wasn't so great by the time i replace the bracket and these clips. oh well.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
                      That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                        9011s?
                        Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
                        I think you meant 9006 bro... lol
                        You guys have the Google. 9011/9012 are HIR (halogen infrared) bulbs, drop in replacement for 9005/9006. A bimmer guy sells them, local to us actually: http://hirheadlights.com/

Same light pattern as regular halogen so they won't blind other drivers like an HID mod. Also more affordable. After I get them I'll take some photos.

I think US ellips would be a lot more popular if more people knew about HIR.
                        balticblau-metallic '84 318i 5spd 3.91 LSD

Comment

Not that it'd be cheap but GM dealerships sell those bulbs too. I think something like mid-00's trailblazers or avalanches can come with them. They're crazy looking. I remember being ultra confused the first time I saw them when I worked for GMparts. I thought the bulb had melted!
                          84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                          Manual swap all the things!

Comment

^Hmmm. I'm not sold on those. I love my HID's. And if aimed properly, they aren't blinding.
                            Originally posted by Matt-B
                            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

So pumped for crispy cream tomorrow is cheat day

-Alex
                              sigpic

Comment

anyone have a set of parts ellips? i need a few clips off the adjusters. if not i will just go to the wrecking yard and see if i can find a E34 and get the parts off it.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
                                That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

Working...
                                X