PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short or loose connection.

Determine if it's intermittent or consistent. If you can, start from the battery and work your way forward to dash harness testing to see if you can recreate it.
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

It's not doing it now. Will go screw with it in a while.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I got CB'd by my iPhone.
        '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

no reason to not try it the other way ill do it if you want sat morning. Ive done a few before.

-Alex
          sigpic

Comment

Anyone know of a good way to get the coolant temp sensor out on a m20b25? im replacing mine, but its soooo damn cramped in there?!
            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Just did my M50 one. Mine was way in there, behind the intake manifold. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
                Sounds like a short to me but I have no idea.
                A 'short' is when voltage from the positive side of your battery finds a path directly back to the ground side without resistance, aka a hot fucking fire if said path is not fused.

Sounds to me like you've got the opposite dude. Check both battery connections and all your grounds.

Comment

Many thanks, good sir.

Comment

From today. Love my Natty's Blue wax :) I didn't let it haze long enough and it didn't come off very easy

Comment

geese, i just checked my e-mail that i haven't checked in a few days. i have 8 different tracking numbers from a bunch of crap ive ordered for my car lol, most is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, good thing the wife will be home.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
                      That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

Originally posted by Mullet Bullet View Post
                        geese, i just checked my e-mail that i haven't checked in a few days. i have 8 different tracking numbers from a bunch of crap ive ordered for my car lol, most is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, good thing the wife will be home.
                        I love getting tracking number emails. Makes me feel like a little kid waiting for a present. Same thing with when I walk up to the door and there are boxes stacked outside!
                        84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                        Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                          when I walk up to the door and there are boxes stacked outside!
                          x2222

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                          Bluebird Bus Conversion
                          New Oregon Trail

Comment

Anyone know of a good way to get the coolant temp sensor out on a m20b25? im replacing mine, but its soooo damn cramped in there?!
                            Use a box-ended wrench. I did it a few months back, and it was a bit of a biatch. Think I ended up beating the hell out of my hands trying to squeeze in there.
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I love getting tracking number emails. Makes me feel like a little kid waiting for a present. Same thing with when I walk up to the door and there are boxes stacked outside!
                              lol very true, same way that i feel. i just know i have a lot of work ahead of me. swapping out steering racks, changing oil pan gasket, rewiring for the ellips and HID's, hooking up the LED's and computer fans for my amp rack as well as cutting some lexan for the window. etc etc. going to be a busy weekend.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
                              That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

when I walk up to the door and there are boxes stacked outside!
                                x3!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Mullet Bullet View Post
                                lol very true, same way that i feel. i just know i have a lot of work ahead of me. swapping out steering racks, changing oil pan gasket, rewiring for the ellips and HID's, hooking up the LED's and computer fans for my amp rack as well as cutting some lexan for the window. etc etc. going to be a busy weekend.
                                I hear you, I just installed US ellips so now they need 9011/9012 bulbs, there's a Lukebox on its way needing an amp too.

I also need to do the oil pan gaskets (upper and lower woooo M10 :|). My control arms have unknown mileage and the ball joints and bushings are going slowly. Plus while I'm under there I should do the rust-covered clutch slave. But then I should probably do the clutch master as well! I hope to do it all together but have been putting it off since I don't have an actual garage...

Labor of love. Knock that ish out! I'm already loving the projector headlights and fogs for the rainy season... tight steering will be a must soon too.
                                balticblau-metallic '84 318i 5spd 3.91 LSD

Comment

Working...
                                X