PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
    Do you have m3 struts or modified struts with the m3 style attachment point?

If not, you will effectively increase the diameter of your swaybar, and you will probably preload it, which is usually not desirable.
    I have E36 M3 struts.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Then you should do it, but you may want to measure first...you might find e30m3 or e36m3 fits better.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
        Then you should do it, but you may want to measure first...you might find e30m3 or e36m3 fits better.
        Originally posted by Austin! View Post
        Anyone here used E30 M3 sway bar links with IE 25mm front sway?
        I planned on E30 M3, thus the question ;)

Comment

So, whose car is this? My buddy just bought a house out South Hill and I'm pretty sure this is his neighbor.

Comment

Thats hot

Comment

E28 <3

Cant wait for the picnic to thank all you guys in person. Ha I really do appreciate this subforum, and I have been trying to stay out of your hair lately

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                E28 <3

Cant wait for the picnic to thank all you guys in person. Ha I really do appreciate this subforum, and I have been trying to stay out of your hair lately
                Just don't break down on the side of the road on the way there and we'll be cool.
                Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                2010 Buell XB9SX
                2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

lol car is running really good! I have this ICV issue, but I am hoping somebody will let me swap in theirs at the picninc just so I can see how it runs with a good one.

Comment

Not it.

Comment

lol car is running really good! I have this ICV issue, but I am hoping somebody will let me swap in theirs at the picninc just so I can see how it runs with a good one.
                      What's the issue

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Its letting too much air through and giving me a super high idle, but it buzzes and opens/closes the flap as if it works. So dont know if my DME is retarded or if its the actual thing

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                          Anyone here used E30 M3 sway bar links with IE 25mm front sway? Ordering a bunch of shit for the car tomorrow and sway bar links are on the list of items to send to Blunt.

I would recommend using the IE links.

When I first purchased my car the end links were missing and after digging through boxes I found that I had the stock ones so I bolted them on. After less than 200 miles, which is how long it took for me to get my new IE links, I found that the stock M3 links were bent.

When you use after market parts you have to think about what the weakest link is in every situation. There is a reason that IE's links are stronger. The 25mm bar does put that much more stress on the system.

(Just my opinion though.)

Comment

Originally posted by PNWDan View Post
                            What's the issue
                            operator error
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Dussen View Post
                              I would recommend using the IE links.

When I first purchased my car the end links were missing and after digging through boxes I found that I had the stock ones so I bolted them on. After less than 200 miles, which is how long it took for me to get my new IE links, I found that the stock M3 links were bent.

When you use after market parts you have to think about what the weakest link is in every situation. There is a reason that IE's links are stronger. The 25mm bar does put that much more stress on the system.

(Just my opinion though.)
                              Thanks for the detailed response. I currently have the IE hardware and they suck ass. They loosen up all the time no matter what and make an annoying clunking noise constantly. A lot of people have recommended the E30 M links, so I figured it would be a safe route to go. I just picked a set up tonight so I'll put them on Saturday and enjoy a quiet front end for once! Hopefully they will hold up, unlike the IE hardware!

Comment

Its letting too much air through and giving me a super high idle, but it buzzes and opens/closes the flap as if it works. So dont know if my DME is retarded or if its the actual thing
                                The TPS controls the icv. Test it first

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Working...
                                X