X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e30austin
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    wait wait... your not going to ship the diff for free?

jk... on that note, anyone from PDX heading down to your favorite state anytime soon? my twin isnt making the journey anytime soon
    *giggle giggle*

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by e30austin View Post
    Well, nobody wants to pay anything for anything anymore. You are expected to pull the parts AND deliver them to the guy for free, don't you know!
    wait wait... your not going to ship the diff for free?

jk... on that note, anyone from PDX heading down to your favorite state anytime soon? my twin isnt making the journey anytime soon

Leave a comment:

• PDXPeter
    replied
    Yeah, I tried the self service BMW wrecking yard thing before...all fun and games, til some asshole breaks parts they don't want to pay for, or tries stealing shit right in front of your face, etc...meh
    I routinely pick up needles in the cars at the SE Foster lot and give them to the desk staff.

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    I'm Still alive guys....Just not a ton of time these days

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Yeah, I tried the self service BMW wrecking yard thing before...all fun and games, til some asshole breaks parts they don't want to pay for, or tries stealing shit right in front of your face, etc...meh

Leave a comment:

• djjerme
    replied
    Problem is what they have to pay to exist. The city of Portland, Feds, EPA..etc charge a bucket load for land use as a wrecking yard. Constantly on their arse about hazardous waste and disposal and stolen cars. Look at what transpired about the Truck wrecking yard that used to be out there on Columbia in PDX..

It used to be you could just have a bunch of cars on YOUR land and part them out. But now, you gotta play by their rules - and when you have a city that thought the Green New Deal wasn't such a bad idea - they probably aren't going to be willing to let you just have a self serve partin' out Bimmer's yard. And all it takes is one passer by to say something - or worse yet - one person getting hurt while pulling parts.

Leave a comment:

• Metallated
    replied
    The part that bugs me, is they can make a nice profit while charging reasonable prices, but that just isn't enough for them, they have to up their prices and try and get every cent possible out of their parts.

If I have some land I'd start a pull it yourself E30 yard, it'd be so easy to turn a profit even with cheap prices...

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Originally posted by PDXPeter View Post
    Yeah Ive seen that before too and try to avoid them as much as possible. Im also listed as a parts puller on Row52. Some of those folks get so irritated when I tell them my pull fee, as if my time isn't worth anything.
    Well, nobody wants to pay anything for anything anymore. You are expected to pull the parts AND deliver them to the guy for free, don't you know!

Leave a comment:

• PDXPeter
    replied
    No, I, personally, really don't think it matters...but, man, some folks really get hung up on someone paying "X" for something and trying to sell it for "Y". At least people on eBay don't really care. At least someone is getting a couple deals at the pull yards still :)
    Yeah Ive seen that before too and try to avoid them as much as possible. Im also listed as a parts puller on Row52. Some of those folks get so irritated when I tell them my pull fee, as if my time isn't worth anything.

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Originally posted by PDXPeter View Post
    :D Does it really matter if they do? I sell mostly through eBay anyway.
    No, I, personally, really don't think it matters...but, man, some folks really get hung up on someone paying "X" for something and trying to sell it for "Y". At least people on eBay don't really care. At least someone is getting a couple deals at the pull yards still :)

Leave a comment:

• PDXPeter
    replied
    Better hope whoever is buying your parts doesn't see your above message first...
    :D Does it really matter if they do? I sell mostly through eBay anyway.

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Better hope whoever is buying your parts doesn't see your above message first...

Leave a comment:

• PDXPeter
    replied
    There are still some deals to be had at the Pick n Pull. I just picked up some Rx7 4pot calipers for under $40 and an m-tech E46 steering wheel for $19. They aren't going on the E30 though, I just scavenge for good deals to fund my E30 parts.

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    I have one that isn't very pretty.

Leave a comment:

• Rennsport
    replied
    Does anyone have a damaged late model front bumper support? I need one to cut up a bit for a project and don't want to ruin one in good condition.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X