Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• agent
    replied
    There's even a tutorial here on how to do it!

Leave a comment:

• ahrensNW
    replied
    Upload your pics to flickr, and just use the BBCode from your sharing tab. It's the easiest way to embed photos on a post here.

Leave a comment:

• Dbasher
    replied
    Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post

the hazing is tomorrow at midnight
    Oh boy! Now I’ve got to find something to wear!

Still trying to figure out the picture posting deal, I’ll get it.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Wschnitz
    replied
    welcome to the delphin gang

the hazing is tomorrow at midnight

Leave a comment:

• Dbasher
    replied
    Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
    Nice man! Didn't see that on cl, where do you pick it up from?
    Never made it to CL. It was a friend of a friend who knew a guy...lol. I was in the right place at the right time and just fell into it. Pretty glad I did, it’s a ton of fun.

Leave a comment:

• ahrensNW
    replied
    Nice man! Didn't see that on cl, where do you pick it up from?

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dbasher View Post
    After getting it home and scrubbing it down, cleans up pretty good.
    Delphin is a great color. Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• Dbasher
    replied
    After getting it home and scrubbing it down, cleans up pretty good.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dbasher View Post
    Thought I’d join the discussion and introduce myself, names Dan but most people just use my last name, Basher. I’ve finally picked up an e30 after looking off and on for a few years. Last year when I was looking for a track car I picked up a fox body mustang and have done quite a bit to get it capable of making laps. It’s close but the recent e30 purchase (and the holidays) have put it on the back burner.
    What I ended up with is a coupe that’s been a round the NW a bit, it’s got some real nice work that’s been done and is a complete hoot to drive.
    1989 325
    M50 w/S50 cams, tune and a chip
    E36 front and rear, 3.73lsd
    E46 6spd
    Vorshlag CC plates
    Ireland sway bars
    Bilsteins and H&R springs

I was able to have a buddy at Grip Racing throw it on the lift last week and look it over, happy that everything checks out and only a few minor issues that’ll need to be addressed before I get on track.

Anyway, that’s me and what I’ll be working with, hope to see meet some members at the track.
    Welcome to the forum. Post pictures, if you have any. Sounds like an interesting car.

Austin

Leave a comment:

• Dbasher
    replied
    NW newb

Thought I’d join the discussion and introduce myself, names Dan but most people just use my last name, Basher. I’ve finally picked up an e30 after looking off and on for a few years. Last year when I was looking for a track car I picked up a fox body mustang and have done quite a bit to get it capable of making laps. It’s close but the recent e30 purchase (and the holidays) have put it on the back burner.
    What I ended up with is a coupe that’s been a round the NW a bit, it’s got some real nice work that’s been done and is a complete hoot to drive.
    1989 325
    M50 w/S50 cams, tune and a chip
    E36 front and rear, 3.73lsd
    E46 6spd
    Vorshlag CC plates
    Ireland sway bars
    Bilsteins and H&R springs

I was able to have a buddy at Grip Racing throw it on the lift last week and look it over, happy that everything checks out and only a few minor issues that’ll need to be addressed before I get on track.

Anyway, that’s me and what I’ll be working with, hope to see meet some members at the track.

Leave a comment:

• TobyB
    replied
    Hmmm.

Aluminum becomes a liquid at 1200 or so F, right?

I see 1800 f 6" from the exhaust port.

What could go wrong?

The seriously big budget race teams (and NASA and the USAF, etc) use titanium,
    which becomes a liquid at a seriously high temperature. And would be lighter than aluminum.

t

edit
    manifold
    tell me you're using a lightweight header(s)- the stock manifolds weigh more than the diff on a 2002!

votes for thinwall stainless.
    Last edited by TobyB; 12-15-2018, 04:10 PM. Reason: heavy exhaust? Ditch the manifolds!

Leave a comment:

• ahrensNW
    replied
    Originally posted by djjerme View Post
    How much do YOU weigh? It’s cheap and easy weight reduction to get the driver lighter.

The other to remember is aero. No matter how light you get it, you’re still shoving a brick through the air. Work on air flow around and THROUGH the car at speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Honestly I need to lose weight. With my family history of heart disease and obesity it wouldn't hurt to drop down to my former spry 165. I've been working at Pagliacci for the past year I've been in school and its detrimental to the way I fit in the spg in the M3 lmao.

Aero is the next consideration. I have some kooglewerks stuff but I dont think a 4" spoiler does a whole lot on the trunk of an e30.

The side exhaust is an interesting idea. I'm sure stainless coming off of the manifold to a 4" magnaflow would be pretty damn light.

Leave a comment:

• djjerme
    replied
    Yup, a few of the PRO3 guys went side dump as well. Thought about it myself when we installed the M30, but then worried about noise level at the track.

Leave a comment:

• Nader393
    replied
    If I were building a lightweight project car, I'd get a fiberglass hood and a shortened side-dump exhaust. Like this one I fabbed up (from collector back) for my Alfa race car. I had to go side-dump after fitting a sliding block rear suspension that obstructed the normal exhaust route. Inadvertently saved many pounds. This is an older picture, I've since replaced that muffler with a smaller 4" round Magnaflow that's lighter and minimally louder. Exhaust is laid out about where it attaches to the engine, to show how far back it exits out the side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2760.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	7198458

Leave a comment:

• djjerme
    replied
    How much do YOU weigh? It’s cheap and easy weight reduction to get the driver lighter.

The other to remember is aero. No matter how light you get it, you’re still shoving a brick through the air. Work on air flow around and THROUGH the car at speed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X