No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dug into this a bit more. The E30 harness is completely self contained other than a power wire connected at the 25-pin accessory connector (C302) under the dash and a ground wire also connected under the dash (G200).

E36 looks to be basically the same, power at X63, ground at X173 with an additional wire for the switch lighting coming from the headlight switch.

So basically hook the wire from X63 into C302, ground X173 where G200 is and the light wire to the gray/red wire coming off the e30 light switch.

Wiring diagrams can be found here:

I used a 91 318is manual for E30 seats, a 94 3-series manual for E36 seats and an 88 325 manual for location views.

Good luck!

Comment

I'll just leave this here.... Good for a laugh.

1984 Hennarot 325i - Euro swapped /Built m20 -FOR SALE-
      1968 Mercury Cougar --Restored Garage queen-

Comment

1991 BMW 318i 4 Door - $1450

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
        sigpic
        Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Savagefurai View Post
          1991 BMW 318i 4 Door - $1450

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
          RUST. No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
            ETA exhaust will be more restrictive than an "i" exhaust, but it will bolt up and function. Seems like you'd be downgrading, but I digress.

I disagree my sedan (m20b25) had an eta mid section with 2" straight and I think it helped out quite a bit in the bottom plus it sounds awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
              Fuckin A! Shit got really hairy when I couldn't pop the hood open with the release lever to fight the fire. Had to go through the front with a screwdriver.

I've got an 86 eta harness

Comment

Finally got an o2 on the coupe it's so much better, much healthier and it's now on its 3rd oil change in less than 200 miles. This time the oil was mostly gas from running so rich, first time was busted pan, this car is killing me but it's getting there

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                  Finally got an o2 on the coupe it's so much better, much healthier and it's now on its 3rd oil change in less than 200 miles. This time the oil was mostly gas from running so rich, first time was busted pan, this car is killing me but it's getting there
                  There you go dude. Seems like you're starting to give a shit about it again.
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Well it's my only car now so I have to actually care about it.

Comment

Fair enough.
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Pulled the M20 2002 out of the garage for the first time under it's own power tonight. Threw the car cover on it and will double check a few things before going on a run around the block tomorrow. Just wanted to update you all, the engine feels bad ass in this chassis.
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

It's too damn cold! Just finished swapping bumpers, cluster check panel, now I get to tackle the lack of heater and shift linkage issue and I may be able to sort of comfortably drive this pile

Comment

Just in case anyone is interested.. If I had the room Id go for it. Looks like actually a pretty decent car! Someone get this!

1984 Hennarot 325i - Euro swapped /Built m20 -FOR SALE-
                            1968 Mercury Cougar --Restored Garage queen-

Comment

Originally posted by Henna30 View Post
                              Just in case anyone is interested.. If I had the room Id go for it. Looks like actually a pretty decent car! Someone get this!
                              http://www.copart.com/us/Lot/37151265?searchId=59965459
                              Looks pretty good actually, why do I have class on Monday?!?!?!?

I'd totally go pick that up, I finally sold my jeep today
                              Last edited by DER E30; 11-29-2015, 12:49 AM.
                              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                              Originally posted by roguetoaster
                              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5325918995.html

Comment

Working...
                                X