No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^kinda funny how the cell phone has replaced so many gadgets we used to carry around. I will even trow in iPod's to the mix (only because my crap Vortex can't hold any amount of music)

I remember spending HOURS dubbing stuff either on to cassettes or CD's (the long lost art of the mixtape.) If your car didn't have an ambient temp gauge, you could get those stick on things you put on the mirror, or the stick on round digital clocks.

My wife gave me a really nice watch a few years back, and honestly, the amount of times I have worn it I could probably count on one hand, it just feels weird to wear a watch anymore. Time marches on!

Guess that's why the first part of "Hot Tub Time Machine" cracks my ish up:

"That dudes rocking a Walkman!"
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Found a nice puddle on the floor of the garage last night. M3 decided to start weeping coolant. Time for new hoses!

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
      My wife gave me a really nice watch a few years back, and honestly, the amount of times I have worn it I could probably count on one hand, it just feels weird to wear a watch anymore. Time marches on!
      I wear watches, but only for fashion. Hell, they have analog dials and I can barely tell time. ;)
      '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

I wear a watch every day. My arm feels naked if I'm not wearing one.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
          I wear a watch every day. My arm feels naked if I'm not wearing one.
          This reminds me, I need a new watch badly. I haven't felt the same since it broke a year or so ago. Recommendations?
          balticblau-metallic '84 318i 5spd 3.91 LSD

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
            I wear watches, but only for fashion. Hell, they have analog dials and I can barely tell time. ;)
            This is what I do lol

Bahama Beige E23 Project
            Bluebird Bus Conversion
            New Oregon Trail

Comment

I had friend who's brother worked for Wyden & Kennedy, and he used to always sport some kick-ass new watch.. I was jealous to say the least. Made my Vegas cheapo knock off's look like crap..
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Found a nice puddle on the floor of the garage last night. M3 decided to start weeping coolant. Time for new hoses!

If the puddle is up front, check the radiator drain plug first. Could be a really easy (and cheap) fix.
                Chris
                90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

It was one of the t-stat hoses. Only the super short cheap one, but I'm going to take the opportunity to replace them all.
                  '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

That's a good E30 owner! ^

I used to never rock a watch now I love them. I'd never spend more than 500.00 on one. My girl got me a really nice Nixon watch and I love it. Feels nice and heavy.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
                    clutchCTRL!
                    Move with a purpose.
                    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                    - 2000 323i AT
                    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

It was one of the t-stat hoses. Only the super short cheap one, but I'm going to take the opportunity to replace them all.
                      The heater core hoses are fun to get at, the rest area cake. If you have the heater core recall/bypass make sure you get the correct replacement hoses.
                      Chris
                      90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Installed my us ellips and ddm hid kit last night, holy crap batman. There is so much more usable light. So glad I made the switch, I just wish I have more driving to do at night now

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
                        That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

Preparing for bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by 84driver View Post
                            This reminds me, I need a new watch badly. I haven't felt the same since it broke a year or so ago. Recommendations?
                            Swiss Army watches are great. Classic good looking watch that never go out of style. I wear mine with everything.
                            Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith M View Post
                              Preparing for bodywork.
                              Awesome. Lots of body/paintwork going on lately!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                                Awesome. Lots of body/paintwork going on lately!
                                very nice, keith. i know ryan whats up with that?:D
                                Transaction Feedback: -click here
                                [e30: '91 318is coupe|brilliantrot||e36: '98 318ti|fern green|California top|M-Tech]
                                [URL="http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=300453"]

Comment

Working...
                                X