Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
    Blunt can get reman'd units from BMW for like $1800 with a core deposit
    Damn, that's bills. I've seen a few used for like 600 to 700.

Comment

Toes, who has time to powder coat, when you are out drifting

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
        Well they did mention that the damage to the rear effected opening the rear doors which I thought could have been frame damage, but I wouldn't quote me on that since I know only a little about BMW frames.
        E30's don't have frames per say, they are unibody cars. If it is hit from behind hard enough to affect the operation of the doors at all it is most likely pretty bad. It would potentially still drive fine, you would just always have a tweaked chassis

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
        Damn, that's bills. I've seen a few used for like 600 to 700.

Yes it is. If you can find a good, known working manual TC for $600-700 that is a great deal. I see auto cases going for that much. If you currently have a working viscous coupling it might be worth it to buy a cheap manual case with a bad VC and use it to convert your auto case

Bahama Beige E23 Project
        Bluebird Bus Conversion
        New Oregon Trail

Comment

Anyone here done a 5 speed swap lately?
          I cant remember what wires go where for a late model/what relays to remove. It looks a little different than my 88.
          Thanks
          sigpic

Comment

Working in the rain sucks. I am having a hell of a time getting these vacuum hoses off.

Wish my garage was not chocked full of crap.

Comment

trouble with hose?

i know the feeling

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Yesss....

Comment

E30's don't have frames per say, they are unibody cars. If it is hit from behind hard enough to affect the operation of the doors at all it is most likely pretty bad. It would potentially still drive fine, you would just always have a tweaked chassis

If it was hit hard enough to affect the rear doors, then that means the rear quarter was shoved forward enough to pinch or hit the door itself. To see what's involved to correct this, check out Lance's thread from earlier this year covering the repairs to his Pro-3. It's basically going to require a replacement of the rear quarter or worse, the whole back half.

If you are getting the car for dirt cheap (i.e. under $500) then it may be worth it to pick it up, and if you can find a good, cheap body guy who can scab on a new backend.
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                    If it was hit hard enough to affect the rear doors, then that means the rear quarter was shoved forward enough to pinch or hit the door itself. To see what's involved to correct this, check out Lance's thread from earlier this year covering the repairs to his Pro-3. It's basically going to require a replacement of the rear quarter or worse, the whole back half.

If you are getting the car for dirt cheap (i.e. under $500) then it may be worth it to pick it up, and if you can find a good, cheap body guy who can scab on a new backend.

You are correct. IMO, unless it is a race car with lots of time/money invested into the cage and chassis it isn't worth it to replace quarters or the whole back end. It becomes a parts car to me if there is quarter panel damage

That said, if someone is looking for a complete rear end let me know ;)

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                    Bluebird Bus Conversion
                    New Oregon Trail

Comment

Yes it is. If you can find a good, known working manual TC for $600-700 that is a great deal. I see auto cases going for that much. If you currently have a working viscous coupling it might be worth it to buy a cheap manual case with a bad VC and use it to convert your auto case
                      I just found a manual t/c down in cali at some bmw specific junkyard for 700 via car-part.com

Comment

Oh that is something interesting....uni-body!

Originally posted by djjerme View Post

The ad stated $1000 firm, and it had other dents in it. Since I got no response I just considered myself lucky I didn't waste gas seeing it.

Woot made another offer on a promising car *crosses a finger*
                        Last edited by HarukoE30; 11-22-2011, 06:05 PM. Reason: edit
                        Originally posted by James Crivellone
                        1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
                          I just found a manual t/c down in cali at some bmw specific junkyard for 700 via car-part.com
                          Transfer case + transmission out of 88ix in Portland/Vancouver area

Originally posted by James Crivellone
                          1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Wow thats a sweet little deal on the setup on CL

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                            Bluebird Bus Conversion
                            New Oregon Trail

Comment

I guess after I pull this intake mani and clean things up and get this new starter on I wont be very nooby anymore... its quite the job

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
                                Transfer case + transmission out of 88ix in Portland/Vancouver area

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/pts/2716404048.html
                                Your the devil for showing me this. I'm going to figure how I'm going to get this.

Comment

Working...
                                X