Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
    why didn't I see this shit. :hitler:
    Bummer.

Comment

Master cylinder
      Slave cylinder
      Transmission

Clutch and related parts (flywheel, bearings, etc)
      Clutch lines
      Clutch pedal set
      Manual Transmission mounts
      Driveshaft
      Damn, I need to find a clutch kit it seems, they come with a flywheel by chance? Time to hit up the search button for the online vendors.

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
      That looks about right. You will also need a shift knob now ;) as well as a shift boot. No booster is needed.

The transmission cross brace is different from automatic to manual. I don't know if the mounts them selves are the same or not but I replaced mine. You might as well put in a new giubo and CSB for the driveshaft while your under there. You will need brake fluid for bleeding the clutch line. There are some rubber grommets for the clutch lines as well that go in the firewall.

Thats about it. It is pretty straight forward. When you go to put in the clutch master cylinder do not tighten the eyelet that connects it to the pedal very tight. That thing needs be to able to rotate as the clutch is pushed in. Otherwise It will snap off while you are driving. Dont ask me how I know.
      CSB = Center support Bushing? Sucks having to track down parts, but at least I'll get most with EJ's kit which is cool. Need that Drive shaft like crazy! Why oh why does it have to rain the day after I get the car to at least look it over.
      Last edited by HarukoE30; 11-27-2011, 01:52 PM. Reason: edit
      Originally posted by James Crivellone
      1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Center Support Bearing (about 20 bucks). Hit up BluntTech for the bits. Or if your ballin you could do the Metric Mechanics light weight fly wheel and 240mm clutch for $900.

Don't worry. I went through the exact same thing a year ago. We will get it figured out. Post up every bit you have for the swap.
        Originally posted by Sonny
        I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Yep, just email Blunt and load up on a bunch of new parts. You will be glad you did while everything was apart, even if it does add more cost to the whole process. Especially clutch related items. Stock clutch kit should include the basics, and just pick up an M20 single mass flywheel (hopefully included with the trans) and have it machined

Bahama Beige E23 Project
          Bluebird Bus Conversion
          New Oregon Trail

Comment

Hahaha just went by the powdercoater's house. He is an honest guy and his whole family kind of joins in. I saw some motorcycle parts he had just finished and they looked great.

Comment

Fuck painting. My valance tipped over and got the front of it all scratched after all the time I spent getting it looking perfect. Motherfucker!!!!! And why the fuck doesn't this site let you type in caps?!?!?! A G H H H H H!!!!!
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Valance back together and now have working fogs finally. Less pissed off. Sorry for the rant/vent post above.

Comment

Fogs are nice aren't they
                  Originally posted by bmwm42
                  PNW vulture pm me for parts
                  Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

I am itching to get some fogs. Hint hint Paolo hint hint.
                    Originally posted by Sonny
                    I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                      Just found this on the ol' CL. Pretty cool project

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/2716629940.html
                      holy, id sell my car, and do a a hellluva lot of sperm donation runs to get this roundie...

i absolutely love the s2k motor
                      -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                      91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                      08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                      04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                      Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                      Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Fogs are awesome. Swapping bumper shells now too. W00t.

Comment

Fogs are great targets for gravel and track fod. I removed them from the valance I am stripping for my car. One has a broken lens, but I may post em up here for trade fodder at some point..
                          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                          2016 Ford Flex
                          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I feel like a total n00b writing this, but whatever. So, I've got my front bumper with support off (88+ plastic bumper.) I'm switching bumper shells. I can't seem to get mine off the support. I've got almost all the little tabs unhooked from the support, but I can't seem to get it to come all the way off. Any tips?

Comment

Hey guys, Phil and myself my are talking while he removes my new engine and we're curious about the possibility of me using the flywheel off this car (its auto) and just have it machined or buy a new oem?
                              Originally posted by James Crivellone
                              1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Hey guys, Phil and myself my are talking while he removes my new engine and we're curious about the possibility of me using the flywheel off this car (its auto) and just have it machined or buy a new oem?
                                Autos don't have flywheels, they have flex plates.

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                                Bluebird Bus Conversion
                                New Oregon Trail

Comment

Working...
                                X