No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else have a new found sense of "get shit done so you can stunt in the summertime" feeling inside?
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
      I want 300rwhp on a daily. I'm trying to figure it out as we speak.
      Turbo

Or WRX

Bahama Beige E23 Project
      Bluebird Bus Conversion
      New Oregon Trail

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
        BTW, has anybody been following the shooting of the park ranger? Shit is crazy. Completely shut down Mt Rainier. The guy fled on foot into the woods, huge man hunt ensues. Fucking gnarley movie type shit.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1179815.html
        Sounds like there will be a lot more trouble coming. PTSD saga.

Comment

Anyone know of any white hoods for sale?
          Originally posted by blunttech
          r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
            The z3 1.9 isnt worth it.
            Well, it was free...
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
              Anyone else have a new found sense of "get shit done so you can stunt in the summertime" feeling inside?
              Duh.

Comment

Well, i got into another minor fender bender today.... This time the idiot was backing out of his driveway right into me. Dented rear quarter panel.... how exciting!
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                  Turbo

Or WRX

WRX... done.

Turbo? Any experience with a turbo S50 or should I stick to the M50 for the lower compression ratio? I'll admit a turbo M50 is tempting just because they are far cheaper over an S50 and I could use the resources sooner to turbo. Also, anyone know a good tuning shop?
                  Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                    Well, i got into another minor fender bender today.... This time the idiot was backing out of his driveway right into me. Dented rear quarter panel.... how exciting!

Dude, that's terrible. He has insurance?
                    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

:(

Pics or GTFO.

Just kidding. Is it salvagable?

Comment

Yea it wasnt bad, he literally was just coasting backwards. Still making an insurance claim. Luckily he did have insurance
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
                          WRX... done.

Turbo? Any experience with a turbo S50 or should I stick to the M50 for the lower compression ratio? I'll admit a turbo M50 is tempting just because they are far cheaper over an S50 and I could use the resources sooner to turbo. Also, anyone know a good tuning shop?
                          No personal experience, although your logic is quite solid ;) I would rather spend the money from buying an S50 and build a turbo M50.

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                          Bluebird Bus Conversion
                          New Oregon Trail

Comment

Yea it wasnt bad, he literally was just coasting backwards. Still making an insurance claim. Luckily he did have insurance
                            Well, that still sucks. Good luck with insurance!

Comment

So today AAA325iS and myself decided it was finally time to change the timing belt on his car. After a long sought out effort by both of us to dodge this bullet we dove in head first at about 11:30. Around 3pm we had everything out, off the motor. And we went a little further than expected. Water Pump, Thermostat, Timing Belt, All coolant hoses, Intake Manifold, Coolant Reservoir, and some other loose things.....All that's the new stuff going on. Plus we sandblasted a bunch of the smaller brackets. And in all I only managed to break 2 small plastic clips. lol. Anyways that's beside the point. We managed to get the new timing belt and water pump installed and have decided to finish the evening there.

Seems with some determination and forethought you can get just about anything done on your car. Especially when you don't spend every 5 minutes writing about what new thing you managed to screw up, (right 5Toes)? Some people just need more time than others to plan out there adventure. For me and AAA we just like wrenching.

Comment

Good for you guys! I need to help my buddy do a timing belt on his 2.7i...it's never had one done and he's put 100k on it. I'd be SO scared.

Comment

Working...
                                X