• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
    No mo E30 :(
    His was haunted lol
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
      Replaced O2. Power is back and it is sending out a signal. Now to find the vacuum leak causing the high idle. Brake booster lines looked fine sadly. Will order intake mani gasket and injector O-rings.
      Glad that worked out for you bro! Good to meet you.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Well control arms on car, I added a thin coat of grease to the shafts then slid them in

Hmm so I took lots of pics of the new parts so everybody can see what you get for $165. Surprisingly the contorl arms weigh more, as well as the tie rods. Didn't weigh the sway bar end links.

Comment

Anybody got some extra Starter bolts, because I'm having a hard time believing a 17mm bolt fits in those two holes. The bolts I got at Ace Hardware are 10mm and fit from transmission to starter hole just fine. Thanks
          Originally posted by James Crivellone
          1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
            His was haunted lol
            you aren't kidding.

heading out motorcycle shopping tomorrow, can't wait.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
            That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

I recently received one of these kits (although I had ordered it through eBay) and am extremely impressed

For $165 shipped I received:
              2 FCP special control arms
              2 Karlyn Tie Rods
              2 Sway Bar end links
              1 pair of E30 M3 offset CABS

Unlike other shippers, the package did not arrive so quick. It was shipped via fedex (woohoo!) and took roughly a week to reach my home in WA.

I have to say I am very impressed, these parts are a steal for $165. I have not installed all of them on the car yet, but am in the process of doing so now. One thign I would like to mention though is that you MUST order tie rod boots and new lockplates, either from Blunt or locally or something. THEY ARE NOT INCLUDED.

Here is all the parts layed out, except the CABS. I put the parts I took off up too for comparison.

Here are the control arms, which are actually quite nice. The joints are all stiff out of the box, but from what I understand it should be that way.

The boots look secured nicely and have no tears

The ball joints are indeed stamped FCP, which means these are made specifically for FCP Groton

Outer ball joint

I bent my old control arm PRETTY bad :(

The included tie rod assemblies from Pelican alone are $24 each... here is a shot of one of the boots

I even weighed the parts. I know that in some hobbies weight is a sign of quality, for instance in stereo amplifiers. The control arms and tie rods included in this kit are both heavier than the OEM that came off my car

And tie rods...

The sway bar end links are obviously Taiwanese, they are a brand called "HLC". Though they appear good enough. They arent as critical as tie rods or control arms, so I feel comfortable running them. A shot of the ball joint on one.

Will give a review after I drive the car, and long term.

Comment

It will be interested to see how they hold up.
                Originally posted by Sonny
                I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Weight is a bad thing when it comes to parts like these. The boots don't look TOO bad, but I wouldn't count on these parts lasting more than one or two years.
                  Originally posted by 5Toes
                  bux bux bux. Im all about the bux Mr. Autism

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                    I recently received one of these kits (although I had ordered it through eBay) and am extremely impressed

For $165 shipped I received:
                    2 FCP special control arms
                    2 Karlyn Tie Rods
                    2 Sway Bar end links
                    1 pair of E30 M3 offset CABS

Unlike other shippers, the package did not arrive so quick. It was shipped via fedex (woohoo!) and took roughly a week to reach my home in WA.

I have to say I am very impressed, these parts are a steal for $165. I have not installed all of them on the car yet, but am in the process of doing so now. One thign I would like to mention though is that you MUST order tie rod boots and new lockplates, either from Blunt or locally or something. THEY ARE NOT INCLUDED.

Here is all the parts layed out, except the CABS. I put the parts I took off up too for comparison.

Here are the control arms, which are actually quite nice. The joints are all stiff out of the box, but from what I understand it should be that way.

The boots look secured nicely and have no tears

The ball joints are indeed stamped FCP, which means these are made specifically for FCP Groton

Outer ball joint

I bent my old control arm PRETTY bad :(

The included tie rod assemblies from Pelican alone are $24 each... here is a shot of one of the boots

I even weighed the parts. I know that in some hobbies weight is a sign of quality, for instance in stereo amplifiers. The control arms and tie rods included in this kit are both heavier than the OEM that came off my car

And tie rods...

The sway bar end links are obviously Taiwanese, they are a brand called "HLC". Though they appear good enough. They arent as critical as tie rods or control arms, so I feel comfortable running them. A shot of the ball joint on one.

Will give a review after I drive the car, and long term.

all is see in these pictures are worthless junk, you wasted you money once again cells for not listening but:wgaf:.
                    Originally posted by bmwm42
                    PNW vulture pm me for parts
                    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Okay so $165 vs $450

If they get me through 2 years, well then good. Ill have a job 2 years from now and will be able to afford TRW and lemfoerder and all that good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                        I am extremely impressed

mmmmmm. I kinda know what you are thinking. They are all shiny and new. They look great. Right? But even crappy parts look great out of the box. What matters is how they hold up. I'm not knocking FCP parts - I'm sure they will work, but what will happen is that in 6 months, a year, or something, you'll start having a problem....and the thing is that you won't know exactly what part is causing the problem, or if it's something different....and in the back of your mind you'll always question if they were the right part. Suspension parts are like shoes, or a nice watch. You cheap out - they just don't last as long.

Oh well. The goal for you right now if to get your car back on the road and drivable. So - at least you have some parts to work with.
                        Originally posted by Matt-B
                        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

^ yup George you got it exactly right. I just want my car driveable, and these parts accomplish that for me.

Comment

For what its worth, FCP is a pretty common name for control arms over on the Audi boards.
                            Originally posted by Sonny
                            I am a meme for our community.

Comment

^ yup I discovered that when I was researching them

Comment

Fcp = fucking crappy products.......period
                                Originally posted by bmwm42
                                PNW vulture pm me for parts
                                Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Working...
                                X