Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude. Your car is cursed.

Comment

lol its not too bad of a leak. Just a drip drip.

I bet snugging down that corner's headbolt a bit would stop it.

Also my alternator/water pump belt has stretched a bit so I need to snug that up

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post

Also my alternator/water pump belt has stretched a bit so I need to snug that up
        This will end well...

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post

What? Dude be sure you know where that drip is actually coming from. If its the head gasket then tightening a head bolt wont do anything for you.

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

I havnt done anything to it.. I traced the drip up to the front left corner of the headgasket.

Comment

I can't wait to see all the things you'll break doing a headgasket :up:
              Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Maybe I should sell my car while it works..

Comment

^like

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

Andrew, quitting while you're ahead is not the same as quitting altogether. Put it up for $1500 firm and dump it.
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Not a bad idea.

Then find a shitbox :p

Comment

Sounds like a merry-go-round.

Comment

However, on a serious note.

IF the leak is from the headgasket, and the oil has no coolant in it, and the coolant has no oil in it... then what is there really to do about it??

Comment

Headgasket and machine the head, new upper gasket kit....plus what ever else you break during the process
                            Originally posted by Matt-B
                            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

When I did the headgasket I had the head machined as well as I sprayed the gasket with two coats of copper sealer.

Hmm Ill investigate this in depth tomorrow. I will use the chalk on the engine trick

Comment

If it's truly a coolant leak from the proximity of the head gasket and there is no mixing of oil / water, there are a couple possibilities. I typically suspect a head or block crack, but sometimes you get lucky and that's not it.

It's harder to do on an e30 cooling system than others, but keep an eye out for unusual bubbles in the coolant. Those would be gases escaping a cylinder.

Comment

Working...
                                X