• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope I remove the strut
    Originally posted by bmwm42
    PNW vulture pm me for parts
    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

You need to be more specific, are you saying you just unbolt the tie rid, control arm, and sway bars and let the strut fling it self down? Or what. Saying I take the strut out doesn't help...
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

I completly remove the strut from the car ie unbolt the tie rod and control arm and situate them from the strut
        Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Yes but you still need to compress the spring before you unbolt it from top to drop it out...
          willschnitz

Comment

You compress the spring once it is out of the car you DONT loosen the strut nut until the spring is compressed
            Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
              You need to be more specific, are you saying you just unbolt the tie rid, control arm, and sway bars and let the strut fling it self down? Or what. Saying I take the strut out doesn't help...
              It's not going to "fling itself down" but yes, unbolt spindle from control arm/etc, unbolt the three strut mount nuts and remove. Then crack nut loose, then compress spring. Do you have someone to help guide you? If this is your first spring removal in a car you might want to have someone hang around and tell you what you're doing right and what you're doing wrong.
              84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
              Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Anyone have a suggestion where to get motorcycle motors/transmissions?
                84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Try Bent Bike

Did you disconnect the sway bar? There should be enough room.
                  Or put it back on the ground, put the nut back on for the strut and strut mount. Then unbolt the 3 bolts form the strut mount and jack back up. That way the spring stays compressed and the whole thing acts as a single unit.
                  Originally posted by Sonny
                  I am a meme for our community.

Comment

any tips for pulling an m50 intake mani?

I got it all unbolted, just gotta pull the TB tomorrow and get it off. Those injector harness wire clips ARE A FUCKING PITA!

Comment

Put down the tools and step away from the BMW
                      -Andy

Comment

That goes for two of you on this page. Jesus, one of you is gonna hurt yourself.

5cells- get a fucking bentley

Wishnitz- get a fucking bentley before you launch a spring into your chin and take your head off.

A whole lot of dumb up in here today/tonight.
                        -Andy

Comment

Went for a drive. Took a photo or two.

Comment

Nice shot :thumbup:
                            -Andy

Comment

I like it

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
                                That goes for two of you on this page. Jesus, one of you is gonna hurt yourself.

5cells- get a fucking bentley

Wishnitz- get a fucking bentley before you launch a spring into your chin and take your head off.

A whole lot of dumb up in here today/tonight.

Have a bently..

None of you see my point.

you can switch the springs without conpletely removing the strut. according to pelican parts. The problem im having is the the spring compressors they now carry wont work.
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X