PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brilliantrot 318is View Post
    my thoughts exactly, get what ever makes you happy. there will always be a faster, more powerful car out there. no reason to hate on the 318is. I can go on for days about how any of the new bmw have more HP and are quicker then a e30 325i.. but that would make me a douche bag. that's just how I look at the whole 318 vs 325.. lol
    Agreed. I'm just not a 4 cyl guy, but that is my personal opinion. I guess it would be different if I just got in a car to drive it from point a -> point b and wanted fuel economy.

Really, it's silly to argue over what motor is better, M20 or M42, they're both coming up on 25 years old. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. They're old technology. Obviously, 24v is superior to all :P The sound of a 24v behind a UUC or Supersprint box...music to my ears.

Maybe, one day I'll get sick of modifying cars and buy a 100% stock, unmolested M3 to DD.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

M42 cars aren't that bad. Fun as hell to angrily toss around corners. The lack of torque is a bit of a drag but they're just so damn rev-happy! But I get it about not being a 4cyl kind of person.
      -Andy

Comment

nothing a garrett turbo cant fix, as far as the 24v switch makes it seam as if ones trying to compensate for a personal issue;)
        Originally posted by bmwm42
        PNW vulture pm me for parts
        Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
          nothing a garrett turbo cant fix, as far as the 24v switch makes it seam as if ones trying to compensate for a personal issue;)
          speaking of turbos hows your run?

Comment

Still waiting for the manifold and a downpipe flange
            Originally posted by bmwm42
            PNW vulture pm me for parts
            Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by ZoomZoomBoom View Post
              Handiwork from a previous owner......
              At first glance I though this was the top of a strut!

Comment

Putting a new sound system in an e28 sucks. I've been spoiled with the e30's trunk mounted battery

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                  Putting a new sound system in an e28 sucks. I've been spoiled with the e30's trunk mounted battery
                  Unless you have a cabrio like me. Running power to the trunk on the E30 isn't too bad though because I had to pull the seats and sides to run the amp shit down the driver side wiring channel so I ran the power down the passenger side wiring channel.
                  1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

Originally posted by AustinK425 View Post

whoa..
                    I hope you can tell that photoshoped.

Comment

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
                      I hope you can tell that photoshoped.
                      Last edited by EN318isPDX; 03-11-2013, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Looks like I get to install a new radiator in my friends' 98 Jeep G/Cherokee Laredo.. Should be a breeze.

Anybody else get excited to work on things OTHER than an E30?

Long story short, it's my girlfriend's best friends truck, and her last name is Cummings so I couldn't say no.
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                          Looks like I get to install a new radiator in my friends' 98 Jeep G/Cherokee Laredo.. Should be a breeze.

Anybody else get excited to work on things OTHER than an E30?

Long story short, it's my girlfriend's best friends truck, and her last name is Cummings so I couldn't say no.
                          LOL esss bueno!

yeah man, its a nice change of pace working on other cars. I do most of the maintenance on my families cars. helps them save a buck or two, and put a couple in my pocket :up:
                          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Yeah, I love the feeling of saving a good friend some dough, being it's something I love to do for myself.

It's nice to spread the love. The extra cash and experience is always a plus too!
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Agreed. Working cars and helping someone save a few bucks makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
                              -Andy

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                                It's nice to spread the love. The extra cash and experience is always a plus too!
                                ill spread my love all over ms cummings!
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X