No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the hood to fully latch on the e28....now it won't open and my coolant light is on fml

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
      Never had any issues getting them on. Use a hammer if necessary.
      This is pissing me off, It's halfway through the rubber, but doesn't want to budge with hammering away at it.
      Originally posted by James Crivellone
      1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

If your using stock rubber jay good luck I had to use a press if your using poly etc it should be easy
        Originally posted by bmwm42
        PNW vulture pm me for parts
        Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Lube always helps!

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
            Lube always helps!
            That's what she said!
            sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
            1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
            1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
            1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
            (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
            1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
            2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
            2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
              If your using stock rubber jay good luck I had to use a press if your using poly etc it should be easy
              It's rubber Lemfoerder & it's looking like my control arms need to come off, which means no meet tomorrow.

Soap and hammering the left side has it to the end of the rubber, but I just can't get it to go on. The right side is dripping with lube and doesn't budge beyond the front part.

edit: Going to see if Autozone has a press tool I can use to ratchet the bushing on. Fucking pissing me off missing the DUKE game!

Edit Edit: Autozone doesn't have anything...
              Last edited by HarukoE30; 03-29-2013, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Try a oreillys. Nobody else rents tools. Maybe baxters. I never have had that much of an issue getting them on. Only removing them, which I just cut them off with a cut off wheel.

Hope you can figure it out. Haven't seen you in a while.
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Fuck. Got the hood to a point where it worked a little better then the fuckin handle broke inside

Comment

Hahahajahahaha

Comment

Try a oreillys. Nobody else rents tools. Maybe baxters. I never have had that much of an issue getting them on. Only removing them, which I just cut them off with a cut off wheel.

Nah I'm out for tomorrow. There comes a point where you have to know when to stop & this is something that needs a press.

Comment

vattozone rents tools

Comment

Hey you guys think that using 5w-40 oil.. Would make the oil pressure light go on at idle? Cuz ya mine started doing it!
                          sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                          1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                          1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

(GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
                          1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                          2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Change to 20w50. Could be that you have a bad oil pressure switch on the block, though. Or you did something wrong during assembly.

Comment

Originally posted by MT325is View Post
                              Hey you guys think that using 5w-40 oil.. Would make the oil pressure light go on at idle? Cuz ya mine started doing it!
                              Why are you running 5w-40?

Change to 20w50

Comment

It wasn't doing it before I took it apart. And when I drove it yesturday with 5w-20 or 5w-30 I forgot which one. And today poured this new stuff in and it turns on now.
                                I actually used to to try it out. Go thinner at hot... But I don't think it works well.
                                The previous one I had I ran 5w-50 just because I felt like it. But then again... My dash lights were not working on it.
                                sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                                1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                                1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                                2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)

Comment

Working...
                                X