Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just pull the ps all together, gives the car a better feel IMO

Comment

Everytime I hear someone talk about deleting power steering I think about this post. Andy you the man!

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
      How many of you know how to actually de-power a steering rack? FYI, simply looping the lines or put a delete block is NOT doing it propery. De-powering a rack PROPERLY is an involved process that requires disassembly of the rack. There are hydralic seals and shit in there that need to be removed/mpdified. Do some god damn research you fucking nOOb.

Comment

how many of you guys made your own 24v harness? I really want to do it myself, thinking about buying a de-pinner and go for the factory look
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I did. It's super super easy.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Anyone got some wizardry for taking off the transmission flange bolt? Im about to rip my arms off trying to get it off, that or bend/break something.

Schwarz 1985 325e

Comment

New to the e-30 clan.So I go to change a burned out low beam headlamp.I take out the light,and find a headlight change hackjob! I can figure the snazzy euro lights were replaced with the average American ones.Oh well, they work now.Thankyou light-hacker!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                I did. It's super super easy.
                how did you do it? de-pin? cut & solder? buttsplice (hope not!) ??
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Wardie View Post
                  Anyone got some wizardry for taking off the transmission flange bolt? Im about to rip my arms off trying to get it off, that or bend/break something.
                  Guibo flange? There is a nut on the other side you have to hold..

Any of you 24v lovers need an OBD1 Intake mani (bare)..?

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Can I give you a Handy J for it? It's actually PNW currency.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                      Can I give you a Handy J for it? It's actually PNW currency.
                      Not so crass, they're called FreedomBux.
                      Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                      2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                      2010 Buell XB9SX
                      2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                      1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                      1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                      1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                      2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                      2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
                        Guibo flange? There is a nut on the other side you have to hold..

Any of you 24v lovers need an OBD1 Intake mani (bare)..?
                        The cranknut in the front? Its being held, I am about to pull something trying to get this off... that or rip the tranny out haha.

Schwarz 1985 325e

Comment

The cranknut in the front? Its being held, I am about to pull something trying to get this off... that or rip the tranny out haha.
                          Find a picture, having a hard time trying to mentally grasp what bolt you're on... Take a break, spray some PB blaster and come back to it in a few hours if anything else.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

Comment

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
                            Find a picture, having a hard time trying to mentally grasp what bolt you're on... Take a break, spray some PB blaster and come back to it in a few hours if anything else.

That sum-bitch right in the middle there.

I am on day two, bought PB Blaster today and just gave that bolt a bath.
                            Last edited by Wardie; 04-03-2013, 07:39 PM.

Schwarz 1985 325e

Comment

First, take that little metal lock ring out. Then get a thin wall 30mm socket for 1/2" drive. Use an impact and break that slut off.
                              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

That sum-bitch right in the middle there.

I am on day two, bought PB Blaster today and just gave that bolt a bath.

Never really had a need to un-bolt that one... It's not reverse threads is it? haha

Project log -- DIRTY 30

Comment

Working...
                                X