No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got pulled over for the 4 time in 2 months for my non blinding yellow head lights but this time a honda drives by with non projector blue hids blinding the S out of me and nothing happeneds to him. It's not even illegal just a huge waste of time waiting for the cop to re read the state law on his laptop and send me on my way, I think I might go back to white -_-

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
    sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a smart idea.

Comment

I've learned with older cars and Modded headlights, it's a huge reason to get pulled over. With my somewhat stock, "newer" car, they can pull off the OEM look without too much attention.

Getting pulled over is never fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
          Drummers:

Just set my kit up for the first time in a few years. I got broke a while back and sold off some of my cymbals, notably, my only chinese trash cymbal. I regret doing this, and am now looking for a new one. Any recommendations? The majority of my stuff is Zildjian K (I'm a fan of the dark stuff) so would prefer something that flows with the rest of that.
          I wish I never sold my kit :(
          I had a 4 piece ludwig maple kit with Paiste cymbals. I miss playing the drums, can't really have a kit in a apartment though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
            I had a 4 piece ludwig maple kit with Paiste cymbals. I miss playing the drums, can't really have a kit in a apartment though.
            I miss mine, black Pearl Export with a 21" and 13" Zildjian kit. Switched to electric in the frat for noise concerns, other than the base kick still going through the floor (and likely fixable by playing on a board or something), totally makes it possible to play in an apt.
            Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
            2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
            2010 Buell XB9SX
            2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
            1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
            1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
            1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
            2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
            2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
              Almost sold mine a couple times. Just couldn't quite go through with it. It was a hand built kit from the guys at Allegra Custom Drums that would cost me $6500 to replicate.

When I was in HS, I played a lot of jazz, blues, etc, so I built a kit that would suit that well. 12, 14, and 16" mounted toms, 14x10 snare and 22x20 bass. Zildjian A Custom 15" Mastersound hats, 16" and 18" K Custom Dark crashes, 20" vintage (60's) K Constantinople crash and 20" K Custom Dry ride. Then, I started playing a lot of metal and other rock and found that kit to be pretty versatile for basically any style of music. I love it.
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                I miss mine, black Pearl Export with a 21" and 13" Zildjian kit. Switched to electric in the frat for noise concerns, other than the base kick still going through the floor (and likely fixable by playing on a board or something), totally makes it possible to play in an apt.
                I'm actually looking for a Pearl Export Black kit, but first I need to see how the room handles with the sound proofing. Overclocked computers need fresh air to breath as well :p
                Originally posted by James Crivellone
                1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Just picked up a 93 Subaru legacy wagon. Bought it from my dealer for 400. Needs an oil pan gasket and that's all. Idles great, pulls strong, one owner and clean carfax(didn't care too much about that). I'm gonna be driving this thing until I'm done with the swap. The car has been dealer maintained for 15 years then the service history falls off. That's why there is a leak in te oil pan gasket. Brakes and tires are new as well as all the axles, fluids. Needs a wash badly.

sigpic

Comment

You should make it into a boss wagon, lifted, safari subaru haha. or rally wagon.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

Ok so I know a few of you work at shops or have friends that have shops, Is there anyone that would allow me to Job shadow them for two days? I basically get to sit there and watch and grab you coffee, but I can help too, I have a decent amount of general knowledge.

High school senior projects FTW!

but not really, hoping to shadow someone thats a mechanic and someone that works in the computer science/technology industry also, so if any of you work or know someone who works at amazon/google/intel etc let me know!
                      willschnitz

Comment

I work at intel but hillsboro is a long drive for a job shadow.

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                          I work at intel but hillsboro is a long drive for a job shadow.
                          We get like a week off at school for it, If your down to allow me to shadow that would be cool, I don't mind the drive. We have some kids in my class getting plane tickets places to shadow people...
                          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                            Ok so I know a few of you work at shops or have friends that have shops, Is there anyone that would allow me to Job shadow them for two days? I basically get to sit there and watch and grab you coffee, but I can help too, I have a decent amount of general knowledge.

High school senior projects FTW!

but not really, hoping to shadow someone thats a mechanic and someone that works in the computer science/technology industry also, so if any of you work or know someone who works at amazon/google/intel etc let me know!
                            Want to sit around and learn how webdev and engineering work at ESPN? We only play fooseball and Super Chex (fooseball for hockey) for like 40% of the day, so after lunch there's a solid half an hour of shadowing that I can demo before we hustle out for drinks.

In all seriousness, drop me a PM if you want to shadow, shouldn't be an issue, I'll find a day with some interesting meetings.
                            Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                            2010 Buell XB9SX
                            2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                              Want to sit around and learn how webdev and engineering work at ESPN? We only play fooseball and Super Chex (fooseball for hockey) for like 40% of the day, so after lunch there's a solid half an hour of shadowing that I can demo before we hustle out for drinks.

In all seriousness, drop me a PM if you want to shadow, shouldn't be an issue, I'll find a day with some interesting meetings.
                              Sounds pretty cool, I'm just building up a list at the moment, need a couple options of people I can shadow, I think the school checks my list of people and approves/disapproves people.

I think they must do background checks etc, nothing big.
                              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                                Sounds pretty cool, I'm just building up a list at the moment, need a couple options of people I can shadow, I think the school checks my list of people and approves/disapproves people.

I think they must do background checks etc, nothing big.
                                Sure, sounds good. Put down Disney/ESPN since it's sort of ambiguous which one technically is in charge around here. Title is Web Developer withing Ad Production/Site Design. PM me and I can give you my work email addy.
                                Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                                2010 Buell XB9SX
                                2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Working...
                                X