• Show
Clear All

Arco IS BP. fuck both, I would never give them a dime of my money
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I protest BP because of the gulf coast disaster but begrudgingly use Arco when I have to just because it's ungodly cheap and I like to pay down my debts instead of adding to coffers of others when possible.
      Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
      2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
      2010 Buell XB9SX
      2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
      1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
      1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
      1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
      2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
      2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

they arent that much cheaper than others. if you are smart about it you can avoid them and still not spend a million dollars on fuel.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
          they arent that much cheaper than others. if you are smart about it you can avoid them and still not spend a million dollars on fuel.
          the arco i filled up at was 3.69 for 92 octane... and right across the street was a shell for 3.69 for 87.. so they are kinda cheaper then the other ones... Maybe not they but just this one? i dont know.. but i like it!
          sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
          1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
          1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
          1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
          (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
          1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
          2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
          2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Being mad at a petroleum company for being unethical about an oil spillLOL

I dont give a fuck where I get gas as long as it's cheap. The only thing your extra money is buying is the additives but, if you just put a bottle of injector cleaner in your golden. Safeway is my shit.

Comment

ITT: people wasting time/energy/money to save $2 on a tank of gas. lol

Chevron 92 octane in any of my (BMW) cars only. I don't even look at the price.
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

This^

Comment

Is there any particular reason why you choose Chevron?

Comment

Under$4 a gallon and I'm happy

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
                    sigpic

Comment

Chevron has the best quality of fuel and also has techron to keep those intake valves clean! It's also the closest fueling station to me, so it just works out well.

Comment

Originally posted by AustinK425 View Post
                        This^
                        x2.

If you are worrying about saving less than $5 on a tank of gas by going lower grade octane/different brand whatever, I find this intriguing. Like waiting an hour and a half for a free $5 car wash. My time is worth more than that.

We had a customer in a 5 series (E60) who had his car towed in because it died randomly and refused to restart. Spends $70k on a new vehicle and puts cheap Arco 87 octane in. Then gets hit with a $3k bill because the gas tank had to be drained and cleaned.

Food for thought.

P.S. BMW NA recommends Chevron or Shell only, in the highest octane available.
                        - Greg
                        α Team Founding Member
                        1984 BMW 325 Henna Rot - Sarah -Uber project
                        2011 BMW 335d LeMans Blau - Daily Diesel Torque monster

Comment

Originally posted by gergpez View Post
                          x2.

If you are worrying about saving less than $5 on a tank of gas by going lower grade octane/different brand whatever, I find this intriguing. Like waiting an hour and a half for a free $5 car wash. My time is worth more than that.

We had a customer in a 5 series (E60) who had his car towed in because it died randomly and refused to restart. Spends $70k on a new vehicle and puts cheap Arco 87 octane in. Then gets hit with a $3k bill because the gas tank had to be drained and cleaned.

Food for thought.

Fucking cheapasses...bahahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by gergpez View Post
                            x2.

Food for thought.

Perfect example of penny-wise, pound foolish.

Comment

My bmws run strictly on costco fuel if not avail shell nothing else id rather call roadside than to ever put a drop of arco gas
                              Originally posted by bmwm42
                              PNW vulture pm me for parts
                              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

You can buy Techron additive by itself. No doubt I agree with you guys but, a lot of the fuel we get around comes from either kinder/morgan or tesoro. Chevron on the other hand still ships up from California.

Comment

Working...
                                X