No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah was incredible. Got the engine finished up, mowed and trimmed the front yard, hit GG with the dog and girl, got a free BBQ grill. Was a great weekend and felt like it went on for longer than the usual weekend. I really dug it!

Craze30 - Get a flatbed for that thing or at least get dollys to make sure all the wheels are off the ground when towing! I've heard you can remove axles/driveline to two with only two wheels off the ground, but I wouldn't even bother. Could all be hear say?
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I wouldn't even consider anything but a flat bed for an iX. You'll destroy the transfer case or a diff.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Damn. Trying to get it done on the cheap for brad, but looks like ill be looking to go another route!! Damn these things

sigpic

Comment

If you remove the rear drive shaft, you can use a dolly just fine. I've done it, but I received the car with the driveshaft already out.

That said, it's just as easy to get it onto flat bad and won't cost that much more. Worth the money.

Comment

The car only rolls, and fighting to get it on a flatbed will be a pain. It's good to know I can just diconnevt the driveline and two wheel it back

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
              I wouldn't even consider anything but a flat bed for an iX. You'll destroy the transfer case or a diff.
              Yep! AWD = Flat-bed or die

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
                The car only rolls, and fighting to get it on a flatbed will be a pain. It's good to know I can just diconnevt the driveline and two wheel it back
                flatbeds have winches buddy, when you have a car towed its usually not running so 99% of the time the bed will have a winch. If your towing it yourself you can have someone sit in the car and steer and you can tow it up on the bed.
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

Personally, I would never look at an iX that has been towed like that. Even if it was done the "right" way. The right way is a flat bed. haha.

He got the car for dirt anyway, why skimp on getting it home in one piece. Towing it your way could ruin what's left of the AWD system if it's still working at all anyway.

Were you guys able to verify that the drivetrain is all good as far as AWD goes? Lots of history on it?
                  clutchCTRL!
                  Move with a purpose.
                  - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                  - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                  - 2000 323i AT
                  2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I cant believe Brad doesnt have AAA with all the cars he is running through
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                      I cant believe Brad doesnt have a TOW TRUCK with all the cars he is running through
                      Fixed lol

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Any suggestions on a good USB stereo for the E30, just tired of using CD's. Price range can be between $80-150
                        Originally posted by James Crivellone
                        1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
                          Any suggestions on a good USB stereo for the E30, just tired of using CD's. Price range can be between $80-150
                          Does your current HU have Audio outs? If so just run an AV->3.5 jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin_Tyme View Post
                            Does your current HU have Audio outs? If so just run an AV->3.5 jack.
                            Wouldn't you need audio in?

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
                            I currently have a Clarion cz209. Way under your price range and has rear USB and front aux.

Comment

Originally posted by cloud View Post
                              Wouldn't you need audio in?

I currently have a Clarion cz209. Way under your price range and has rear USB and front aux.
                              Ding Ding, Correction... Audio In.

Comment

Fuck dash swaps outside. So goddamn hot...my ginger ass is burning up.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X