PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Anyone want to tackle the "Rear Bumper Strip" install into your front bumper to clean up the front end? I bought one of those "Filler" strips for the licence plate bracket on the DB cars. I think the rear strip up front looks MUCH cleaner, and love the look of the deleted/relocated turn signals.

All you'd need is the bumper, and clean rear strip. I can provide the hardware. Just throwing it out there, planning on BBQ'ing at the same time.

Link to the DIY: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=216174

Pictures of the end goal:

Last edited by kid325e; 05-30-2013, 04:47 PM. Reason: added link, and pics.
      clutchCTRL!
      Move with a purpose.
      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
      - 2000 323i AT
      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Also, DB with late model valence looks so good. It's really grown on me. That's all.
        clutchCTRL!
        Move with a purpose.
        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
        - 2000 323i AT
        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
          Drove the E30 Touring to BMW Northwest to get a US plate bracket today, I think I talked to around 10 people about the car, 80% of which were walking out before I even parked.

Very nice!! Get used to it
          Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
            Also, DB with late model valence looks so good. It's really grown on me. That's all.
            Yes I want the look of that black car. I have to get my shit running right and then I can do the body work!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
            sigpic

Comment

That was the plan with my old delphin car. Late valances front and rear, but with diving boards. I like the look, at least.

Looking like I am going to take the euro car to XXX this weekend. Zero motivation or time to work on the 330 the last few days.
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Oh god! I hate my life right now!! I'm replacing my subframe bushings today, and as I go and give the bolt on the subframe a whack and it just popped out! I said, easier then they say! Well it just so happens that the weld from the subframe mount is sheared clean and when driving, it wiggles up and down inside the cabin.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369964739.359722.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	7156406

Have to get her welded back up. Any places to suggest?

Jon

sigpic

Comment

If it's anything like an E30, it's just a stud that fits into the body. I would double check that it isn't before going further.
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

The stud is still in that sleeve. It may be seized, so I guess it's no go while I can hunt down a shop to get that welded back up. Fml!

Jon

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
                      Oh god! I hate my life right now!! I'm replacing my subframe bushings today, and as I go and give the bolt on the subframe a whack and it just popped out! I said, easier then they say! Well it just so happens that the weld from the subframe mount is sheared clean and when driving, it wiggles up and down inside the cabin.

[ATTACH]71942[/ATTACH]

Have to get her welded back up. Any places to suggest?

Jon

thats why it pays to have to right tools for the job....sry to hear about this though
                      Originally posted by bmwm42
                      PNW vulture pm me for parts
                      Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

^ don't you rent that tool out? Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

^ don't you rent that tool out? Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
                          Yes but post was meant irrelevant to the fact i have one
                          Originally posted by bmwm42
                          PNW vulture pm me for parts
                          Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

The stud is still in that sleeve. It may be seized, so I guess it's no go while I can hunt down a shop to get that welded back up. Fml!

Jon

sigpic

Comment

Car finder took me right to exactly what I want. 335i! Ohhh random picture, you know me so well.
                              -Erik
                              '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                              I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
                                Waffles are the new croissant.
                                -Erik
                                '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                                I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Working...
                                X