No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's so easy. You will need to drop the subframe down to get to the top bolts. Keeping the engine steady won't be an issue. It's still bolted in.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Okay thanks for the tips!
      clutchCTRL!
      Move with a purpose.
      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
      - 2000 323i AT
      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by mulletman View Post
        Don't ever injure your lower back.

Blew out a disk, and now I can't feel most of my left leg. Dammit.
        that sucks! hope you get better soon.

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
        Ok last pic tonight I promise!
        post more! I love seeing progress. Im guessing car itself is stayin primer (for now??) did you use self etching or regular? Im shooting to get my rabbit painted next weekend. I hate prep work, but its the difference between a mint looking car and a Maaco paintjob. funny thing is a Maaco paintjob can look damn good if its properly prepped.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
          funny thing is a Maaco paintjob can look damn good if its properly prepped.
          This.

My neighbor just had his satellite done by maaco. Looks great since he spent nearly two months prepping the thing.
          sigpic
          Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Hello from Leavenworth. This place is pretty cozy once the crowd has gone.

Comment

I love those Munich CSL's. Although I'd be too scared to leave that one out of line-of-sight from me at any time... That car was in their showroom when I bought mine.

Comment

Spent about 20 hours total this weekend priming/sanding the body and painting trim/moldings/wiper arms etc

It looks decent for now, especially considering I painted everything in a gravel driveway under a tree.

Comment

Simon spotted!

'89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

On the way into work, I was next to a Benz w201. 190e 2.3 16. Damn those 190's look so sexy

Jon

sigpic

Comment

Hopefully I'll get the undercoating done on the rocker panels today. Might have to start looking for a new lip mines been ripped off so many times I'm running out of ways to mount it.
                      Befor

AfterClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371498308.961092.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	7156908

I wish I had pics of when I first got it.
                      You can imagine
                      Chrome bottlcaps
                      Balloon tires
                      4x4 stance
                      Primed
                      F'd up fenders
                      And diving boards

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                        Simon spotted!
                        :hitler:

Rabbit is going to get paint next weekend, still have more prep work to do

QUESTION: How can you tell between early model & late model G260s? same question about the starters also. thanks!
                        Last edited by 2mAn; 06-17-2013, 01:46 PM.
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Couldnt take it, I did the undercoating on the rocker before I have to leave for work Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371502740.630928.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	7156909

Comment

Simon, I've found this thread pretty useful and seems to be legit info..

As far as the starters go:
                            Early starters - Bigger than late ones, Two Threaded Posts and two spade connectors. One above the posts and one below them.
                            Late - Smaller than early ones, I believe they have 3-4 threaded posts and one spade connection? Correct me if I'm wrong!
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Changed the oil and filter on heidi, and fixed my fog light. nice easy day.

P.S. Your local NAPA sells MANN and MAHLE filters by the way, I found it out when my MAHLE filter i got from blunt had screwed up threads, so I went there to get one an wallah they had a MANN for me
                              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                              willschnitz

Comment

Looking to settle a score with a "know it all" co worker.

Anyone have a 5SPD Transmission pulled out of their 325i (E30, duh) that they can take a measurement for me?

The arguement is that "Late" Eta Transmissions are "Deeper" than their 325iS Counterparts. The reasoning is the Late Eta came equipped with a Dual Mass Flywheel, as the 325i came with a single mass. The dual Mass is slightly larger in thickness compared to the single therefore it gets' a slightly deeper transmission to make up for it.

The 325i Transmissions should have a distance of 6 1/2" from the Slave Cylinder Mounting Flange (measured from inside the transmission) to the end of the bell housing.

The "Late" Eta Transmission (Which is what I have, and will measure when I pull it out tonight.) is supposed to measure out to 6 7/8" from the Slave Cylinder Mounting Flange (Measured from the inside the transmission) to the end of the bell housing.

I'd appreciate it and anyone that can help with photos and good measurements get a six pack from your boy. Help me out here!
                                clutchCTRL!
                                Move with a purpose.
                                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                                - 2000 323i AT
                                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...
                                X