• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Habla View Post
    Yes, but:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPSHHHHHH
    Much WHAAAAAAAAAPSHHHHHHH

If this engine holds up... which I have a feeling it wont at this rate.

Schwarz 1985 325e

Comment

Congrats to whoever got the 318is down south. Time to give up & just get a WRX.
      Originally posted by James Crivellone
      1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
          Congrats to whoever got the 318is down south. Time to give up & just get a WRX.
          Better get some pink or green wheels too
          -Peter
          '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
          '91 318is slicktop project
          '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
          '00 Tundra

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
            Fuck Ireland Engineering. Everything they make is garbage and ill fitting.
            That's because they don't make anything. They find home fabricators, pay them pennies on the dollar to make batches of things, and then sell them.

Comment

Originally posted by Habla View Post
              Better get some pink or green wheels too
              I can only imagine the color schemes you would see in Seattle. Is pink a common one?
              Originally posted by James Crivellone
              1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Ryan, send SkiFree a PM and he will take care of whatever problems you're having with Ireland Engineering.

Trust me, I know EXACTLY what you're going through. Just try not to go psychotic and keep plugging away at the things you can deal with. In the end it will be worth it, but you're in the middle of "fuck it and fuck everyone" stage. It happens when you want to build cool shit.
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
                  That's because they don't make anything. They find home fabricators, pay them pennies on the dollar to make batches of things, and then sell them.
                  Understandable, but their name is on it still, and everything they make fucking sucks.
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Some of the non moving parts are ok, and their springs are just rebranded HR race but yea, most seems cheap.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

I've had good customer service through IE regarding my gen 1 BBK kit, the RTAB bushings took some convincing to fit into the rear subframe slots though.. made me concerned, but the movement was free after install, I'd have to agree though, ireland engineering is essentialy a 3rd party vendor for multiple different companies.. The gen 1 BBK is simply a PBR BBK, you can get the calipers off c4 vettes, and cobra mustangs.

Condor also stepped up with a order gone fubar, and loose ass rear subframe bushings, they overnighted a new order the next day and politely asked me to please send the other order back at my convenience. Got a free koozy for brews too :P

Mark at Ground Control is obviously a great guy too, always there.

Comment

Ive never had a problem with Ireland Engineering and have several of their parts on my car.

According to Andrew (SkiFree) he did in fact tell me that the parts are produced elsewhere and then checked at their facility before they are boxed to be shipped. Not sure if thats a new thing since they had problems in the past. Its also a small operation with a big warehouse of parts. Ive been to their location a few times and will be there again on their open house next weekend.

Ryan, I also had weird issues with Turner Motorsports and it drove me crazy. Hang in there, drink a beer, bang your GF and work on one of the million other things your car needs. They all need little things. That will help keep you sane while it works itself out
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          Ive never had a problem with Ireland Engineering and have several of their parts on my car.
                          +1 Installed my IE sway bars ages ago and still one of my favorite mods

Comment

i have installed a decent amount of stuff of theirs and never had a fitment issue.
                            WTB:m60b40 in PNW
                            Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
                            92 525it 5 speed.
                            80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Yeah I got a bunch of stuff from IE, super quick delivery and pretty solid products.

Comment

I have some great IE stuff on my car (sways, strut tower brace), but have seen their camber plates, which are utterly horrifying. That said, maybe we should start an "Acceptable IE Products" thread, like the HF one.
                                sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Working...
                                X