No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It feels like Nursing has taken so much from me being able to get another E30; I might just have to let go of the ground since I'm reaching for the stars at the same time.
    Last edited by HarukoE30; 08-21-2014, 03:48 AM. Reason: edit
    Originally posted by James Crivellone
    1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Sounds like hell on the nipples..

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
      It feels like Nursing has taken so much from me being able to get another E30; I might just have to let go of the ground since I'm reaching for the stars at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by the imitator View Post
        3:30am posts are the best

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
          :drink:
          sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Shop just quoted a friend $900 to replace a single front control arm bushing. I laughed so damn hard.
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

woah! that's truly sad.

Comment

I'll do it for $850
                m106 1990 e30
                e36 daily
                e32 cruiser

Comment

I'm pretty sure they have to be including a new control arm in that price and just didn't list in quote. No way they are charging like $500 an hour for labor.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by the imitator View Post
                    Mmmm..... nipples.
                    Lol
                    sigpic
                    Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Called up a BMW indy shop for a timing belt + water pump job. Was quoted $650 for it, I'll do it myself now.
                      Originally posted by blunttech
                      so true.. never let them know where you live..I almost ended up in jail when I was raping young women on craigslist

Comment

650.00 for a Timing Belt/Water Pump job is pretty cheap. Assuming the parts are included and are of high quality. Cheap is not always better man. - You're also buying a warranty. Anything happens after the job is done and paid for and you have someone to hold accountable. Not questioning if you forgot, neglected to do something in the job.

Also, they'd get it done in a day (they should) - how many people do you know have jobs they mean to get done themselves but never do it.

Time is money. Some people are happy to spend the dough all day to drop a car off in the morning before work, get off work and pick up their car with a new timing belt/water pump or what have you. Convenience is worth a lot to a lot of people

Also, not all car guys like to actually work on cars (Stupid, I know.) I work at a indy shop, so I see/hear alot of this. I don't pay others to work on my cars, just can understand why it's worth it to some.
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                          Can't decide if I want tint anymore. Or if I want to go fishbowl clear look. I like my tint but its all scratched up inside. And starting to purple.
                          I like your tint! If the inside is bugging you go "fish bowl" - I love no tint in my iX.
                          clutchCTRL!
                          Move with a purpose.
                          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                          - 2000 323i AT
                          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I just did a demo ride on an Aprilia Tuono. The older one with the twin.

Dat motor. Holy crap. It's like having the hammer of Thor in your right hand.

Comment

L O L at people bitching about shop quotes, most people don't what goes into running a repair shop and the costs to operate a shop.

Comment

But bro, there's a DIY on the intermet.

- Doesn't seem too hard.
                                - "Know it all" E30 "Enthusiast" - 84 318i w/ a blown head gasket but has plans of going 24V, therefore any/all maintenance is null and void. Daily Driver. lol

For everyone bitching about shop costs/job costs - there is another person who values it.
                                clutchCTRL!
                                Move with a purpose.
                                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                                - 2000 323i AT
                                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...
                                X