PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    Lol so many r3v FB fgts fapping hard to catuneds sema car.

Brb putting bolt ons on my car and bringing it to sema for mad scene points.
    You do understand that CAtuned has TWO cars that act as their "poster boy"/showroom cars right??

They have their Henna s50/supercharged coupe that was literally FULLY rebuilt with static suspension that CAN be tracked, as well as their estoril blue early model that has air suspension and crazy wheels to accommodate them. 2 totally different builds for two different purposes.
    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by Wardie View Post
      "Bro bro choo choo bro" - will
      choo choo
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

ok guys, thanks to 318isbmw for hooking me up with a 2nd rear subframe, and a mess of other rear suspension parts. I'm going to be able to finish my suspension. From research, based on what I'm planning on doing with the car, and research on here, I've made a plan, and I want r3v's opinion.

Front: I'm running H&R E36 M3 Race springs, E90 drop hats, stock housings, stock Control Arm Bushings (New ones), stock sway bars and bushings. Planning on going to stiffer sways and new, better bushing throughout. I'm torn on Offset Control Arm Bushings, Not 100% if it's something I want to do or not. I'm happy with the ride height, but I've got about some camber I have no choice but to address. I'm looking into plates to fix the camber, not sure if I wan adjustable or fixed plates though.

Rear: right now I'm running H&R E36 M3 race springs, with no spring pads. everything else is stock. Planning on building on an entire new subframe that I can get all set up and just drop it in. I'm not happy with the ride height on the back, I'd like to get down another 1/2 inch, if I can't I can live with it the way it is. Everything is getting replaced and reinforced in the rear. New Bushings, I'm looking at Revshift's blue (street) bushings for everything, but I am torn on if I want to raise the rear sub or not. I'm planing on using Garagistic's camber/toe adjusters. and of course eventually a stiffer sway bar and new bushings for it also. Going to try to source a new diff also, and get rid of this crappy 2.93 open I have. Eventually I'm planning on a swap, so I want to find between a 3.25 and 3.75 LDS.

So, suggestions, opinions, etc? also someone sell me on using the Offset Control Arm Bushings and raising the rear sub or sell me on staying away from them, because I am on the fence about both.
        Last edited by delamaize; 11-10-2014, 07:52 PM.
        Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
          ok guys, thanks to 318isbmw for hooking me up with a 2nd rear subframe, and a mess of other rear suspension parts. I'm going to be able to finish my suspension. From research, based on what I'm planning on doing with the car, and research on here, I've made a plan, and I want r3v's opinion.

Front: I'm running H&R E36 M3 Race springs, E90 drop hats, stock housings, stock Control Arm Bushings (New ones), stock sway bars and bushings. Planning on going to stiffer sways and new, better bushing throughout. I'm torn on Offset Control Arm Bushings, Not 100% if it's something I want to do or not. I'm happy with the ride height, but I've got about some camber I have no choice but to address. I'm looking into plates to fix the camber, not sure if I wan adjustable or fixed plates though.

Rear: right now I'm running H&R E36 M3 race springs, with no spring pads. everything else is stock. Planning on building on an entire new subframe that I can get all set up and just drop it in. I'm not happy with the ride height on the back, I'd like to get down another 1/2 inch, if I can't I can live with it the way it is. Everything is getting replaced and reinforced in the rear. New Bushings, I'm looking at Revshift's blue (street) bushings for everything, but I am torn on if I want to raise the rear sub or not. I'm planing on using Garagistic's camber/toe adjusters. and of course eventually a stiffer sway bar and new bushings for it also. Going to try to source a new diff also, and get rid of this crappy 2.93 open I have. Eventually I'm planning on a swap, so I want to find between a 3.25 and 3.75 LDS.

So, suggestions, opinions, etc? also someone sell me on using the Offset Control Arm Bushings and raising the rear sub or sell me on staying away from them, because I am on the fence about both.

Honestly? Go coilovers and don't look back. It'll always, always do better than just springs when it comes to dialing in exactly how low you want to be. I'm not talking hard park ride height adjustment but, your an early model thus, you'll need something lower in the rear just to begin to even it out. You can get 2.5" ID GC springs in the rear and try to snag some adjusters on the FS board however, those adjusters are going to become necessary if you're not going sleeves/adjusters up front. At that rate tho, just save some money and pick a full GC setup.

What's your motor? If you're an E, I'd stick with the 2.93. Just upgrade to a LSD. I loved my little 2.7e. Determined to swap? I'd stay in the range of 3.25. Anything higher is rape on your wallet at freeway speeds.
          Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Everytime I hear a GC user says "just cut the bs and go with gc coils." it makes me that much more excited to drive me e30.

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
              Honestly? Go coilovers and don't look back. It'll always, always do better than just springs when it comes to dialing in exactly how low you want to be. I'm not talking hard park ride height adjustment but, your an early model thus, you'll need something lower in the rear just to begin to even it out. You can get 2.5" ID GC springs in the rear and try to snag some adjusters on the FS board however, those adjusters are going to become necessary if you're not going sleeves/adjusters up front. At that rate tho, just save some money and pick a full GC setup.

What's your motor? If you're an E, I'd stick with the 2.93. Just upgrade to a LSD. I loved my little 2.7e. Determined to swap? I'd stay in the range of 3.25. Anything higher is rape on your wallet at freeway speeds.
              My motor right now is a SETA. As for the swap, I'm on the fence, it'll either be a M50/52, or a M30B35. Lately I'm leaning towards a M52B30 if I can find a decent one with tranny and everything, that will be a year or more down the line though.

In the past, I have shy'd away from coil overs because of the cost Vs benefit for my plan, I'm not trying to get super low, right now, I dropped about 1.25" in the front with just those springs and drop hats, and I'm happy with the front. The back isn't that bad, I lost about 1" with the springs and pad delete in the back. it's not so much the low in the back thats the problem, it's the rake, but like i said I can live with it. I like the way these springs ride, and thus far, the way they handle also. The other thing I had thought about doing was notching about 1/2" out of the swing arms, below thee spring perches, reinforcing, and rewelding the perches back in. But I'm not sure an extra 1/2" is with the effort.
              Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

here's my hoopty on gc coils high as I can get them on cut strut housings. I personally wont be dropping it on its nuts, I live by way to many good backroads. Do what suits you, it looks like you have a killer project.

FIY I'll be selling my m30b35 swap after sometime after christmas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	7172146

Comment

^ That's why you go GC Coils. It's not the "slam it on it's nuts" part. It's more to do with being able to adjust your height AND having amazing performance. As for cost, you can get them for less than $700.00 if you shop around or buy some used in the realm of $450. And, no more rake ;)

Not to mention, if the rest of your suspension is up to snuff, it's literally like driving a car on rails. Absolutely amazing.
                  Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

im running bilsteins which GC doesnt reccomend, my buddy the PO had it lowered to the point it was on bumpstops, and no they arent cut.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by the imitator View Post
                      here's my hoopty on gc coils high as I can get them on cut strut housings. I personally wont be dropping it on its nuts, I live by way to many good backroads. Do what suits you, it looks like you have a killer project.

FIY I'll be selling my m30b35 swap after sometime after christmas.

[ATTACH]90993[/ATTACH]
                      I might be interested in that swap. I'm trying to buy a house right now, so I don't know what my funds will be like after that. I can't stay in the housing situation I am in right now.
                      Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

I'll take partial trades for a known working 335i manual transmission gs6-53bz.

The n54 is 4 bolts from being removed fully, which is cool.
                        Looks like I'll need a walnut shell blasting though, I've seen worse, which means it's been done before, but man its caked on pretty good.
                        The car is currently up in the air with front subframe screws cracked and ready to be freed and the whole unit will be lowered to the ground upon freeing 2 more transmission brace nuts, and then the will be car pushed away.

You guys think I should start a thread yet? or keep it here still for a minute.. at this point I'd have a pretty good starter post, but i feel like maybe i should wait until i have the motor mocked up to an e30 shell before making the mounts, that way people can see that process too. Maybe have a jig made so we can have these mounts made in the future too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	7172158

Comment

Guys. Let's talk commuter cars.

Let's get specific. Name off some choice cars you'd be caught driving on the daily CUMmute.

My needs:

Good MPGs
                          Automatic
                          Budget would be less around 2k for a budget commuter. Need ideas! Not concerned with brands really.
                          clutchCTRL!
                          Move with a purpose.
                          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                          - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                          - 2000 323i AT
                          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by the imitator View Post
                            I'll take partial trades for a known working 335i manual transmission gs6-53bz.

The n54 is 4 bolts from being removed fully, which is cool.
                            Looks like I'll need a walnut shell blasting though, I've seen worse, which means it's been done before, but man its caked on pretty good.
                            The car is currently up in the air with front subframe screws cracked and ready to be freed and the whole unit will be lowered to the ground upon freeing 2 more transmission brace nuts, and then the will be car pushed away.

You guys think I should start a thread yet? or keep it here still for a minute.. at this point I'd have a pretty good starter post, but i feel like maybe i should wait until i have the motor mocked up to an e30 shell before making the mounts, that way people can see that process too. Maybe have a jig made so we can have these mounts made in the future too.

[ATTACH]91011[/ATTACH]
                            Make a thread!
                            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                            Originally posted by roguetoaster
                            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post

Let's get specific. Name off some choice cars you'd be caught driving on the daily CUMmute.

My needs:

Good MPGs
                              Automatic
                              Budget would be less around 2k for a budget commuter. Need ideas! Not concerned with brands really.
                              Lol your budget. I dailyed a 240dl wagon for years, wasnt bad. Roughly 24-26mpg

currently daily e36 m3, 25-27mpg, the volvo never needed repairs.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post

My needs:

Good MPGs
                                Automatic
                                Infinity G20.

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Working...
                                X