No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought you were trolling me an trying to race.. Knew you were faster. :( my bad dude lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

So......Ummm.......Yeah.......this happened. :devil:

M60B40 out of a 1994 540i, Alusil block. Shit just got real, yo.
      Attached Files
      Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Nice score there, should make for a fun project. I'm getting all excited for the moonroof coming in.

Comment

Intake Boot has a big rip, so if anyone has one for an 89 or 90+ please let me know. If it's near Portland I'll coordinate with Austin regarding some other stuff as well. Thanks All
          Originally posted by James Crivellone
          1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
            Intake Boot has a big rip, so if anyone has one for an 89 or 90+ please let me know. If it's near Portland I'll coordinate with Austin regarding some other stuff as well. Thanks All
            I sold those seats so...

Intake boot is like $20 new.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Engine is on a Stand now, and I took the down pipes off the manifolds, damn this thing is massive. Tomorrow, I'm taking my stripped M20B27 that was orginial to my car to pick and pull for the core charge, and probably pick up the remote master cylinder set up off the same car I pulled the motor from. also, I think I might have come up with a way to use these exhaust manifolds, when the time comes I'll experiment with it.

So this is one of the problems, Not 100% sure which plug this is, I think it is the equivalent of the C101, I'm still learning about the wiring on these engines. Anyways, Obviously, It got crushed when I placed the spreader chain in the wrong side of the lifting point. needless to say, I need to replace that, or at the absolute least straiten the pins out.

Also, this came from an automatic car, so I gotta get rid of all the automatic wiring bullshit. Pretty sure the plug on the right is for the auto module.

I got a long ways to go, but I'll work on it slowly over time, and jump it into high gear once I am able to track down all the components.

Yes, I do believe I went:
              Last edited by delamaize; 02-17-2015, 08:16 PM. Reason: Fix'd the damn pictures
              Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Iansane - Saw you in the Trans Am this morning tailing a Mazdaspeed 3.

Top down - Fogs on. Seems to be your style, no matter what the weather. amirite?
                clutchCTRL!
                Move with a purpose.
                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                - 2000 323i AT
                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Damn. Working from home is great ... I just never get to drive my car or spot anyone!
                  Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

pics no work :(

I have an old intake boot, it has no rips, but your better off buying new, its like $23 shipped.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                      pics no work :(

I have an old intake boot, it has no rips, but your better off buying new, its like $23 shipped.
                      I forgot I had an old Gift Cert from Pelican & bought a new one. Just means the E30 is in the garage for the time being.
                      Originally posted by James Crivellone
                      1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                        Iansane - Saw you in the Trans Am this morning tailing a Mazdaspeed 3.

Top down - Fogs on. Seems to be your style, no matter what the weather. amirite?
                        Haha, yup. Rain, shine, snow, whatever. The top is down and I'm enjoying the ride. No point in owning a convertible if you don't put the top down every chance you get!
                        84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                        Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Anybody know of LED sealed beams that don't look like complete shyte?

I want to have better lighting without having to convert from sealed beams to ellips just to then drop in a HID kit.

I found the Sylvania Zevo which pretty much fit the bill except they are high/lows... I am looking for just the low beams.
                          '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

This came in the mail today, couple small scratches that will come out for sure, but killer condition for the age!

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                              Haha, yup. Rain, shine, snow, whatever. The top is down and I'm enjoying the ride. No point in owning a convertible if you don't put the top down every chance you get!
                              When I drive my mom's vert this is my motto!:up:
                              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                              Originally posted by roguetoaster
                              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by the imitator View Post
                                This came in the mail today, couple small scratches that will come out for sure, but killer condition for the age!

What is that, now?
                                Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                                2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                                2010 Buell XB9SX
                                2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                                1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                                1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                                1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                                2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                                2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Working...
                                X