PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the imitator View Post
    I'm back in Sacramento if you want to go find some real pizza n brew out in the bay area. Crab boil sounds killer too.
    Gotta find some festival or something worth bringing you out from sac, for sure!
    Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
    2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
    2010 Buell XB9SX
    2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
    1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
    1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
    1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
    2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
    2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
      I'm utterly floored at how excited this group is about Papa Murphy's but not for the previously mentioned Little Caesar's. You're all mad.
      Meh, Id rather eat a box full of their breadsticks then the pizzas ha
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Steering Wheel Setup

I've searched around for information and reviews on various steering wheel setups, but I guess I'm looking for more specific answers. So, I thought I'd ask you locals first so that I'm flamed by a smaller region of people. :)

I currently have an early airbag-less Mtech wheel ~382mm (OD) and I have to keep my legs in awkward positions to use the pedals (I'm ~6'2").

I'm wondering what other people are running and how they feel about the leg room and the position of the turn signal stalk (this is a daily driver).

Couple of steering wheels I'm looking at are ~350mm with 20mm (this ends up being about the same depth as the Mtech wheel, but I think it looks the best), 70mm, or 100mm dish. I'm also considering various spacer options too.

Comment

And to totally change the subject for a minute; let's talk yellow headlights.

Any words of wisdom comparing the Yellow stained glass spray paint vs lamin-X? If you went LaminX, is it worth getting the pre-cut kits? Any one have a left over bottle of the paint laying around?

Comment

Anyone know a good BMW shop open on saturdays that do good pre-purchase inspections?

Schwarz 1985 325e

Comment

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post
              I've searched around for information and reviews on various steering wheel setups, but I guess I'm looking for more specific answers. So, I thought I'd ask you locals first so that I'm flamed by a smaller region of people. :)

I currently have an early airbag-less Mtech wheel ~382mm (OD) and I have to keep my legs in awkward positions to use the pedals (I'm ~6'2").

I'm wondering what other people are running and how they feel about the leg room and the position of the turn signal stalk (this is a daily driver).

Couple of steering wheels I'm looking at are ~350mm with 20mm (this ends up being about the same depth as the Mtech wheel, but I think it looks the best), 70mm, or 100mm dish. I'm also considering various spacer options too.
              The steering wheel isnt your problem its your seat. Im ~6 and dont have any issues with seating position.

If you have sport seats try lowering the seating position, moves you back another 2-3in and down 3in.

If the wheel you have is 382mm outer diameter it may be a 375mm Mtech 1 which is worth some cash, IIRC it needs to end in 074 on the back to be 375mm. 076 is 385mm.
              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wardie View Post
                Anyone know a good BMW shop open on saturdays that do good pre-purchase inspections?
                S3Designs in Seattle is open Saturdays, Give Greg a call 206-351-3923.
                Very good BMW shop that knows E30's well.
                Aaron
                1987 BMW 325iS Schwarz / Black

Comment

Anybody around near Bothell that wants to assist me putting in my steering rack? It is kicking my azz. Beer and Pizza provided.
                  Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
                    Anybody around near Bothell that wants to assist me putting in my steering rack? It is kicking my azz. Beer and Pizza provided.
                    What problems are you running into?
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
                      I would, but I have a crap load of homework and had my appendix out yesterday and still not feeling very awesome

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                      Yeah, what's wrong? When I did it the only real problem was the stupid PS line that's right near the engine mount, I had to cut down a crescent wrench to tighten the bloody thing
                      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                      Originally posted by roguetoaster
                      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by der e30 View Post
                        yeah, what's wrong? When i did it the only real problem was the stupid ps line that's right near the engine mount, i had to cut down a crescent wrench to tighten the bloody thing
                        i hate that thing
                        willschnitz

Comment

Can I use e36ti cv axles and stub shafts in an early e30 diff? They stubs pop in but they don't quite fit the same.
                          84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                          Manual swap all the things!

Comment

On my M30 swap, if I would have installed the engine before the PS lines It wouldn't have worked, when I put the motor in the PS line was touching the engine arm. The biggest thing I made sure of with my z3 rack is that it was centered before tossing everything back together.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                              It was getting the spline together rack to knuckle. Wardie came over and lent a hand ... wouldn't be done without his help! Enjoy that growler of craft beer!

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                                I would, but I have a crap load of homework and had my appendix out yesterday and still not feeling very awesome

Yeah, what's wrong? When I did it the only real problem was the stupid PS line that's right near the engine mount, I had to cut down a crescent wrench to tighten the bloody thing
                                Dude! homework and appendix > steering rack. While the PS lines on the rack were a PIA, I know somebody with impossibly skinny (yet surprisingly strong) forearms who worked like mad to hook those up.

I hope you feel better man!

Comment

Working...
                                X