PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    Heard a weird clicking noise today from engine bay, sounded like it was coming from timing cover area. took distributor off and belt can move all over the place... M20s are ticking timebombs man.

Edit: Anyone have suggestions on what to do to prep my car for sitting for the next 9 months? besides draining the fluids? I just did a fresh oil change yesterday. Or maybe I can just do the job over thanksgiving break.
    Use the opportunity to change all the fluids and then get a good trickle charger.
    Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
      Hopefully soon, I'm down for one when the leaves start to fall
      Me too! It's been awhile since I did anything E30 related that wasn't maintenance.
      Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

There's something about tidying up wiring that I hate, but also love very much because you can instantly see the results..
        clutchCTRL!
        Move with a purpose.
        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
        - 2000 323i AT
        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Cleaning up wiring is so rewarding when finished. That reminds me, I need to put my harness covers back on.
          -Andy

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
            Cleaning up wiring is so rewarding when finished. That reminds me, I need to put my harness covers back on.
            Holy shit! I didn't think you posted on r3v anymore.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
              Duh hes too busy posting sexy selfies on fb

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                Duh hes too busy posting sexy selfies on fb
                ^

And I love wiring, Ive rewired my PC at least 3 times to get the best routes for that nice look.

E30 Ill do when/if I Swap super tidy so you cant see it, maybe route as much as I can in the intake covers etc.
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                  Just thought I'd drop in and say hi. You know, between sexy selfies and all...
                  -Andy

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
                    just thought i'd drop in and say hi. You know, between sexy selfies and all...
                    Hahaha ;D ;D ;D
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Hey all, shameless self promotion, put my house up for sale yesterday, I think that the realtors are taking offers in a little under a week. If you know anyone who is house shopping, 3br house with 2br mother-in-law in the basement, garage, instant hot water, 90% efficient furnace, tons of street parking, decks on 3 sides, and a patio. If you know anyone who is thinking of shopping around, please pass it on.

Also, last call for anyone who wants to part out the coupe or I'm taking what I know is valuable from it and it'll go to the crusher. I can't really part it out where it sits since it's at the shop, so if it's left to me it will pretty much lose the stereo, seats, and then will be sent to the great crusher in the sky. Or wherever. :(
                      Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                      2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                      2010 Buell XB9SX
                      2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                      1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                      1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                      1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                      2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                      2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Beautiful house, GLWS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        sigpic
                        '88 325is. built M20. dd.
                        '72 2002 roundie sold

Instagram @doug_mitchell

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                          Also, last call for anyone who wants to part out the coupe or I'm taking what I know is valuable from it and it'll go to the crusher. I can't really part it out where it sits since it's at the shop, so if it's left to me it will pretty much lose the stereo, seats, and then will be sent to the great crusher in the sky. Or wherever. :(
                          Good luck on the house sale Joel, it was fun while it lasted!...

Also, how has NOBODY picked up the old shell? Im talking about you Austin!!!
                          Seems like they could picked it clean by now and easily turned a profit before scrapping one that actually deserved to be scrapped
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            Good luck on the house sale Joel, it was fun while it lasted!...

Also, how has NOBODY picked up the old shell? Im talking about you Austin!!!
                            Seems like they could picked it clean by now and easily turned a profit before scrapping one that actually deserved to be scrapped
                            I keep getting people asking me for single parts off of it, nobody wants to make some money with the bones, it seems.
                            Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                            2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                            2010 Buell XB9SX
                            2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                            1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                            1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                            1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                            2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                            2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                              I keep getting people asking me for single parts off of it, nobody wants to make some money with the bones, it seems.
                              IMHO there's not much left to part from that shell. but regardless, PM inbound
                              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Soooo random favor to ask someone local to the Bellevue/Redmond/Seattle area. I have some seats that I'm buying from another forum member and it turns out UPS wants nothing to do with bringing them to my condo. Is anyone willing to receive a couple of large boxes somewhere on ground level? I'd be happy to reimburse with cash or libations for your trouble.
                                sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Working...
                                X