• Show
Clear All

Who would pay 18 k for that, jesus.
    Hank Ahrens
    1984 Alpine Coupe
    1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
      For all the purist, maybe you would prefer to drive the worlds lowest mileage and most boring E30 ever: BMW 3 Series 325E

Yeah, you can mumble your way to your cube job in your beige on beige fuel efficient 325e. Of course, you’ll need almost 20K to experience this level of ho-hum, but think of the looks you’ll get from nobody.

My dream car

Comment

Honestly tho, what would be the difference, in terms of driving performance, in an m3 and a normal e30 with the same drivetrain? (Motor, trans, diff, AND suspension geometry)

What specifically, if anything, would perform differently?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
        sigpic
        Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

^it looks wayyyyyy cooler
          Hank Ahrens
          1984 Alpine Coupe
          1978 911sc

Comment

Lol. Other than the obviously superior visual qualities.

sigpic
            Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Savagefurai View Post
              Honestly tho, what would be the difference, in terms of driving performance, in an m3 and a normal e30 with the same drivetrain? (Motor, trans, diff, AND suspension geometry)

As I understand it, many of the body modifications (rear glass rake, spoiler, etc) had to do with reducing wind resistance. So I imagine at *some point* that would begin to make a difference, but it's unclear as to at what capacity you'd be able to notice it on the street.

Other than that... weight will also come into play, depending on which "normal e30" you chose. IIRC the M3 wasn't actually the lightest of the bunch, so you if you started with, say, an early model coupe and swapped in all stock M3 goodies you could actually be faster than a stock M3 due to the weight difference.

That's all I can think of offhand, but hey, it's early.
              '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

In the end its just pretty cool and has some nice aero.
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                  IIRC the M3 wasn't actually the lightest of the bunch, so you if you started with, say, an early model coupe and swapped in all stock M3 goodies you could actually be faster than a stock M3 due to the weight difference.
                  For street use, this is definitely the biggest factor. I had a 318iS and a 325e at the same time. Both cars had such a different feel in handling (obviously), but the weight in the front end played a huge factor. Being able to drive back to back really made me love the 318iS for how nimble it was.

i want Mtrey...:(
                  -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                  91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                  08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                  04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                  Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                  Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Who's got a 95 M3 and wants to do me a favor? I need someone to take a look at the connector housing to the stock MAF for me.. having an issue at work with one...
                    clutchCTRL!
                    Move with a purpose.
                    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                    - 2000 323i AT
                    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by Savagefurai View Post

At that point the only difference is the aero, which would be noticeable on the track
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I'm pretty sure the boxed fender flares add horsepower proportional to the area of horizontal surface added to the car.

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                          Who's got a 95 M3 and wants to do me a favor? I need someone to take a look at the connector housing to the stock MAF for me.. having an issue at work with one...
                          If you are still having an issue by the end of the day I can take a look when I get back home.

Comment

If you could, I would appreciate it!

Long story short, we have this 95 M3 at the shop. Whoever had it before swapped in a bigger MAF/Injectors/ETC. Customer wants it back to stock, we installed stock injectors, we have a proper MAF for the car according to the vin... The connector/connector housing that was used to install the bigger MAF will not plug into the MAF that is supposed to go in the car. I'm thinking whoever installed the bigger MAF pulled the pins out of the old connector housing and swapped in one to match the new/bigger MAF. Long story short, I need the proper 4 pin connector housing for this car which is proving to be damn difficult..

This is what is in the car (connector housing)
                            61 13 1 392 222

Anyone have any ideas? I know i'm grasping for straws.
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Run the part # on the bigger MAF. When I used the 3.5" 540i MAF on mine it was plug and play when I switched back to the OEM 3" but I think some people were using a Porsche MAF which would probably have a different plug
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I checked the MAF PN last week, it's supposed to fit a 740/540i.
                                clutchCTRL!
                                Move with a purpose.
                                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                                - 2000 323i AT
                                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...
                                X