PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
    no more like the ridge staff blowing everybody off and no staff at the track and a total waste of time and gas
    At least you kids got to see me in my finest....

2005 Town & Country Minivan. But I did get a shitload of firewood for cheap.
    sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
      ..that's the game.

Are you buying a house to live in, or are you buying one for an investment. Or both?

How much are you willing to invest in it; not just money, but also time, and sometimes patience.
      Both live and invest into it, I love the idea of improving and personalization.

Willing to invest a chunk of money, most of my time and all my patience, because I know that if i could buy something that was new and perfect, well this simply wouldn't be a discussion for me.

That's interesting and lucky for you in your timing! How much did you question wether it was the right move to buy that house at the time, with the circumstances etc? At times that's what feels odd to me, taking that big a chance on this big a decision. I definitely want to get into somewhere where I feel like I could stay the next 5-10 years, start raising kids etc.
      sigpic

Comment

You'd have to ask my wife, she bought the house a month before I started dating her!

So it was easy for me, but she had 3 houses she looked at. One was affectionately referred to as the "Cat piss" house, the other was next to a cemetery and had issues with a staircase for short people going to the second floor.

The house we are in was not far from her (at the time) boss at work, and he backed up with the realtor said in that it seemed like the neighborhood was starting to turn around again. So in that sense, it was a bit of leap of faith based on the feedback from people close to the neighborhood.

Then she hooked up with some dude who knew how to fix things (me) and kept him around for a while to help her maintain it.

The thing to remember, buying an older house is not like buying a used car. A used car you can stuff in the garage and not work on it for years, and it will still be there. Houses require constant maintenance. And just when you think you got a handle on it, something else you never would imagine breaks...

..or how I like to put it in our case (house built in 1908 ) - 100 years of other peoples problems.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

So was anyone on here the crazy one who paid $1,800 for this??

1984 Hennarot 325i - Euro swapped /Built m20 -FOR SALE-
          1968 Mercury Cougar --Restored Garage queen-

Comment

Isnt that the super clean one from all the Griots Garage events. cant remember the custom plate he had, but it looks like that one
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Topless red?
              m106 1990 e30
              e36 daily
              e32 cruiser

Comment

We didn't go that high, but we were bidding on it. When bidding got over 1500, it just didn't make sense to stay in it, you figure winning bid + fees + transportation cost, and you are going to be making a tiny margin even if you part it.

If it was local, maybe it can pencil out better, but really we just want the interior and maybe the motor and the deck lid..
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Oh my god that is such a sad picture :( that poor vert.

Lots of great donor parts, wheels+tires look to be in excellent condition, seats/etc. Definitely worth that IF you want all those parts yourself, otherwise, parting it wouldn't get you much over what you paid. Crack free dash too.
                  sigpic

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

Comment

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have paid that much for a crunched vert.
                    Hank Ahrens
                    1984 Alpine Coupe
                    1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                      I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have paid that much for a crunched vert.
                      It depends on what parts you wanted.

Very nice condition wheels + tires = $600-800
                      Nice black leather sport interior (no rips or tears so far as I could tell) - $600-800
                      Excellent condition trunk lid + spoiler - $50-150 depending on seller and color.
                      Crack free dash - $100-300 depending on seller
                      Vert top - $400? Assuming it's in the same condition as the rest of the car.

It would be a bitch to try and make money off it, but if you wanted those parts for yourself you could easily save a chunk of change getting that car and then make some back by parting out the rest.
                      sigpic

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

Comment

One of the wheels was destroyed. Then engine and trans were both cracked from impact. It hit that hard. And the bad part is, if whoever purchased it based off the photos alone, they are going to be in for a big surprise. The photos show the car inside undercover with the top down. unfortunately the car has been left outside in the rain for the last 2 months so the interior was completely soaked.

1984 Hennarot 325i - Euro swapped /Built m20 -FOR SALE-
                        1968 Mercury Cougar --Restored Garage queen-

Comment

Originally posted by Henna30 View Post
                          One of the wheels was destroyed. Then engine and trans were both cracked from impact. It hit that hard. And the bad part is, if whoever purchased it based off the photos alone, they are going to be in for a big surprise. The photos show the car inside undercover with the top down. unfortunately the car has been left outside in the rain for the last 2 months so the interior was completely soaked.
                          Ohhhhhhh shit. That is really messed up. I guess I retract my previous statement, someone got ripped off.

Would you have any recourse there with Copart? I feel like it should go without saying that they should have at least rolled the damn top up.
                          sigpic

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                            no more like the ridge staff blowing everybody off and no staff at the track and a total waste of time and gas
                            yeah because calling and when nobody answered was a great indication of if they were open.

I call everywhere before I go, especially if its dumping rain!

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
                              Topless red?
                              Sadly :(

Comment

^ I think miscommunication on all fronts was the main problem, if people had called and not heard a thing on their way, the thread on r3v could had been updated and the FB event cancelled. my 2 cents. I dont have a cell phone anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X