PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
    Ugh I miss driving my e30 so badly. Progress has been slow over the last month. I have a trunklid on the way finally, though, so I'm at least happy about that.
    Glad you're making some progress on it. Been a couple weeks since I've driven mine. Sure do miss driving my red car. Coming up on nine months since it was last drivable.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

And here I am, driven one e30 3 years ago for 2 miles, wasn't even mine.
      Never driven one since, much less my own. Just had my e34 for a bit.

Comment

e30 seats

I don't want to trash these. Who wants them for free in Seattle?

e30 seats

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post

I'm biased, I love alpine Easy to take care of and hides dirt pretty well
          Silver is the color of choice for lazy car washers.

Comment

Originally posted by AustinK425 View Post
            True
            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
            Originally posted by roguetoaster
            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Yeeeeessss.....
              84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
              Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Where do people buy motors? What 24v motor do people like the most? I was leaning S50/52 and then read up and those are both iron block, with the M series motors being available in aluminum depending on the car they were used in.
                sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Hmmmm. Think white comes in second place?
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
                    Where do people buy motors? What 24v motor do people like the most? I was leaning S50/52 and then read up and those are both iron block, with the M series motors being available in aluminum depending on the car they were used in.
                    Aluminum 24v's are awesome. good luck sourcing one. It shouldn't be too hard. But right out of the box, S52's make really nice power in an E30. I always say E30's with an S50/52 are perfect daily drivers.

with that said, if you can source an aluminum M52 for a good deal, do the standard upgrades (s52 cams, tune, m50 manifold) and you will be nearing S52 numbers (if not surpassing some). I know 2man, is around 225whp with his m52. shit gives me a boner
                    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                      Aluminum 24v's are awesome. good luck sourcing one. It shouldn't be too hard. But right out of the box, S52's make really nice power in an E30. I always say E30's with an S50/52 are perfect daily drivers.

with that said, if you can source an aluminum M52 for a good deal, do the standard upgrades (s52 cams, tune, m50 manifold) and you will be nearing S52 numbers (if not surpassing some). I know 2man, is around 225whp with his m52. shit gives me a boner
                      What's the cost difference by the time you pick up cams? I know S52 with all the accessories for the swap wind up at 2-2.5k. M52 motors seem to be cheaper, but that's without having done any specific looking as to how much the aluminum ones run.
                      sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

So I picked up my third e30 today. It is riced out holy shit.
                        Last edited by ahrensNW; 12-08-2015, 07:21 PM.
                        Hank Ahrens
                        1984 Alpine Coupe
                        1978 911sc

Comment

must see pics!

Comment

It would really help me out if someone had some bottle caps or weaves they're willing to sell for cheap. This car has esm wheels, aluminum cluster rings, a chrome steering wheel, red sparco seats, an is spoiler applied with double sided tape, and a vulva lip to top it off. At least the paint is gorgeous. Sorry for pics I'm technology retarded.
                            Attached Files
                            Hank Ahrens
                            1984 Alpine Coupe
                            1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
                              What's the cost difference by the time you pick up cams? I know S52 with all the accessories for the swap wind up at 2-2.5k. M52 motors seem to be cheaper, but that's without having done any specific looking as to how much the aluminum ones run.
                              Are you referring to the engine accessories (power steering, AC, alternator?) or just swap parts in general? I can see some S52's selling for 2-2.5k complete with low mileage...but if you're tryna factor in swap parts as well, you might wanna double that number.
                              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                                It would really help me out if someone had some bottle caps or weaves they're willing to sell for cheap. This car has esm wheels, aluminum cluster rings, a chrome steering wheel, red sparco seats, an is spoiler applied with double sided tape, and a vulva lip to top it off. At least the paint is gorgeous. Sorry for pics I'm technology retarded.

Why go from your clean alpine to this car, if you knew how molested it would be?
                                I get it if youre tryna flip it, but your alpine was clean
                                08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

Working...
                                X