No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive been in the trunk over 4 times with a flashlight trying to pinpoint this leak, I know its the trunk seal. and as far as the carpet in the other car goes, pressure washing it would be great but its the wrong time of year. Im not going to pull the carpet if Im not going to re-dye it at the same time

Comment

AN fittings, where to buy them in the greater Seattle area? I have a good online source but with my limited time to work on the car, id rather not wait a week for shipping.
      m106 1990 e30
      e36 daily
      e32 cruiser

Comment

Anyone have a engine harness firewall grommet they'd like to sell me?

Comment

Originally posted by cg138 View Post
          I've got a crappy set of iX weaves for really cheap and a set of decent iX weaves for fairly cheap if you're still interested.
          I ended up getting a set of bottlecaps with snow tires for the cheap from Korn. Thanks though! Throw em Roman's way.

If someone wants a set of 16x8 style 5s in near perfect condition holler at me. They come with 5er fitment tires in good condition too.

Also, can someone outline the requirements for race seats at Pacific raceways? Do you really have to buy new seats every fucking year?
          Hank Ahrens
          1984 Alpine Coupe
          1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
            AN fittings, where to buy them in the greater Seattle area? I have a good online source but with my limited time to work on the car, id rather not wait a week for shipping.

What is your online source?

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
              Also, can someone outline the requirements for race seats at Pacific raceways? Do you really have to buy new seats every fucking year?

Short answer - no.

I have never seen anyone in PRO3 had the SFI checked on their seat at the track. Sort of like Race Suits, there is not really an expired date that is often enforced - though, there is a best practice's. NASA has a rule that if a seat is older than XXXX, you will need to install a back re-enforcement - but this has lead to other issues.

Ideally, do what you feel comfortable with. The race seat in my racecar is older, and doesn't feature such things as Halo support. But I do run a center net and rear brace, as well have had it checked out by a couple race shops to verify there are no stress cracks at any of the mounting.

If I do upgrade/replace - chances are I will go with an Aluminum one tied in to the cage.
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtsquirt View Post
                What is your online source?
                Your source for Intercooler Pipe Fabrication Parts

Good quality stuff at good prices. I've never had a problem with them or their products.
                m106 1990 e30
                e36 daily
                e32 cruiser

Comment

Thanks for the reply djerme. I find the regulations from track to track curious. It seems to me like if some inspector at the track doesn't like you, they can say that your car doesn't meet specs.

I'm really tossing around what I should do to this car. 80 percent of me wants to build a peaky, torque little turbo car. Semi-stripped interior. And just have fun in it.

Then the 20 percent of me above my shoulders is concerned with resale value and all that shit.
                  Hank Ahrens
                  1984 Alpine Coupe
                  1978 911sc

Comment

Guys, the girl's E46 could use some tint. Anyone have good reccomendations? Don't need top of the line, just someone near us with somewhat of a good reputation.

Also, Cheuk if you still have that set of "fairly ok" iX wheels available come January - i'm all over them! I miss mine like crazy.
                    clutchCTRL!
                    Move with a purpose.
                    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                    - 2000 323i AT
                    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                      Thanks for the reply djerme. I find the regulations from track to track curious. It seems to me like if some inspector at the track doesn't like you, they can say that your car doesn't meet specs.

I'm really tossing around what I should do to this car. 80 percent of me wants to build a peaky, torque little turbo car. Semi-stripped interior. And just have fun in it.

Then the 20 percent of me above my shoulders is concerned with resale value and all that shit.
                      If you're worried about resale value - I wouldn't do anything to it that can't be reversed..

In fact, if you want to build resale value - do a clean 24v swap. Lately, it seems like that is what people are buying and interested in. Then just keep up on maintenance and such. Unless it's under 50K mileage, it will never be worth a whole lot in unmolested state.

To give you some ideas look at Bring A Trailer and the For Sale section of R3v. Look at what is actually selling and for what prices.. Then make your decision. If you don't think it can be any of those, then go nuts with it as a track toy.
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                        If you're worried about resale value - I wouldn't do anything to it that can't be reversed..

In fact, if you want to build resale value - do a clean 24v swap. Lately, it seems like that is what people are buying and interested in. Then just keep up on maintenance and such. Unless it's under 50K mileage, it will never be worth a whole lot in unmolested state.

To give you some ideas look at Bring A Trailer and the For Sale section of R3v. Look at what is actually selling and for what prices.. Then make your decision. If you don't think it can be any of those, then go nuts with it as a track toy.
                        Well, I've sold 2 so far. Both around 190 k miles. For 6 and 6300. But I got tired of having to keep everything "Oem +" on both the cars. I think I'm just going to build this one for my own enjoyment.
                        Hank Ahrens
                        1984 Alpine Coupe
                        1978 911sc

Comment

Am I missing something here? Seems like a good deal with a bundle of rare parts.

And how hard is it to 5sp swap an IX? Common failures?

Last edited by ncsubowen; 12-14-2015, 04:22 PM.
                          sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

^ I have a story about the first car. I'd be willing to bet that it will have some problems...

The first ix that is, the cheap one. Not the Hartge rep car. Edited for clarity.
                            Last edited by ahrensNW; 12-15-2015, 10:55 AM.
                            Hank Ahrens
                            1984 Alpine Coupe
                            1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                              Guys, the girl's E46 could use some tint. Anyone have good reccomendations? .
                              Jays Tint Shop

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

I looked at that hartge a couple months ago. The owner must of fixed all the little problems like wipers, turn signals and leaking water in trunk to up the price again to $8000. Was $7000 for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X