PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post
    Need a little help on an S50 swap into an '87 325i.
    On the C101 pin 20 (chassis side) I have a brown wire. I can't find reference of this pin anywhere in the ETM. The one reference I've found online says I can just ground this pin to the chassis.
    Does anyone know what the deal is?

Thanks in advanced!
    IIRC, pin 20 is ABS power. At least looking through 4+ years worth of diagrams I've saved says this.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
      IIRC, pin 20 is ABS power. At least looking through 4+ years worth of diagrams I've saved says this.
      This was what I thought till I smoked it tonight :).

I found a little more information on early models once again claiming it to be a ground pin. Guess I'll just have to rerun the wire to the chassis and see what happens.

Even on the late model ETM I don't see where the ABS power would come through the C101. It looks like it gets power directly from the power distribution point. And the DME has no input in the ABS function, just chats between the ABS pump and the ABS box.

Good news at least, sound like it was coming to life when I cut it off on account of the smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
        lol doubtful.

Shift knob recommendations?! GO!
        I'll have that giant jaffster style (dildo) knob sold by someone on here available in a couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
          The motorsport golf ball knob I have for sale. Brand new in bag.

Lol I'm getting a condor though.
          LOL you would try and pawn that off on me :P I'll pass on it though. thinking about going for something a little more vintage looking

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
          jaffster knob all day. theres a reason others have copied it. the way your hand is able to roll off the rounded edges is very nice, the weight of it is sweet, I really enjoy it. Going to compare to my new ZHP knob tomorrow (thanks hanK!!)

I use e60 545 sport shift lever, and my bro has a z3 1.9 in his e28 with the generic new BMW style plastic knob... dont care for it. the super short e60 lever combined with the tall height (and weight) of the jaffster knob means it takes very little force to actually make shifts, yet the throws are still notchy feeling and very accurate.
          I actually like the look of the Jaffster (reminds me of a dildo from time to time hahah).

Originally posted by ClausE30 View Post
          I have an Illuminated BMW one in the M3.. its awesome
          Originally posted by kid325e View Post
          Classic leather doorknob with bmw roundel on the top
          Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          I was actually considering an illuminated knob or even the classic e28 m5 shift knob

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
          ZHP knob or you are a knob.
          ZHP is always my go-to. love that knob but I wanna try something new for now. I could always go back
          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

This Hartge knob is pretty sexy:
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=374397

Comment

Good news! When the M2 was revealed in October BMW ran a short sweepstakes on Instagram, with 5 grand prize's for a trip for two to the BMW Performance Center in Thermal CA, next February, to be one of the first to drive the new M2 in a two-day M Drivers School. My brother's name was drawn, and he invited me. I can't wait!

If anyone has any burning questions about the car let me know. I can't wait to see how it feels compared to the e30 M3.

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
              Shift knob recommendations?! GO!
              I just bought an OEM single piece M3 knob for mine (not lit). I really like it so far.

I kind of wanted the e36 style illuminated knob, but it was ~$100 more.

I have a 5 speed ZHP know that I bought brand new last year, only in the M3 for ~1 year and ~2000 miles, looks perfect still. I do like myself the ZHP knob, but am slowly returning the M3 to a bit more of a stock look, and the ZHP knob with that big silver band just wasn't doing it for me. It didn't help that my shift boot leather was terribly aged and didn't match the knob. If you are interested in it PM me.
              Last edited by hankolerd; 12-18-2015, 03:05 PM.

Daniel
              1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
              2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

Originally posted by hankolerd View Post
                ;D 8========D

PM'd
                -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by hankolerd View Post
                  I have a 5 speed ZHP know that I bought brand new last year, only in the M3 for ~1 year and ~2000 miles, looks perfect still. I do like myself the ZHP knob, but am slowly returning the M3 to a bit more of a stock look, and the ZHP knob with that big silver band just wasn't doing it for me. It didn't help that my shift boot leather was terribly aged and didn't match the knob. If you are interested in it PM me.
                  How much, Daniel?

Comment

I have no need to sell, and would use it as a back-up knob for track-days, but I PM'd Brad $55 local or $60 shipped, so if someone is really interested I would let it go (Brad has dibs I suppose). About 25% off of brand new.

When I first pulled it off I was going to ship it to my cousin whose e36 328i had a broken knob that came off all the time, but about the same time he told me he is going to sell it.

Daniel
                    1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
                    2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

Any interest in a 99 Estoril M3 coupe? Going to be putting it up for sale this weekend. I'm picking up a subaru for winter shenanigans

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

Originally posted by ClausE30 View Post
                        Any interest in a 99 Estoril M3 coupe? Going to be putting it up for sale this weekend. I'm picking up a subaru for winter shenanigans
                        What subaru? I'm looking a early wrx wagons for the same purpose.

Comment

How much for the e36?
                          Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

So. I got the S50 started, but it won't maintain idle. Most of the times RPMs will just drop and die with no attempt to correct. Everyone once in a while it will spike RPMs and try to recover, but never does.

I can keep the engine running if I apply throttle. Doesn't sound like there is any kind of hesitation when I do this, although it is really hard hear since it just has open headers at the moment.

ICV does come on. ODB1. Silver Label DME with TRM tune + ews delete chip. Check engine light does come on when I turn the key.

Anyways, just wanted to get some other thoughts and get a list of things to check on tomorrow. Car is at a garage with no internet, so I'm trying to stop the constant back'n forth between my place and the garage.

Things to test:
                            1. TPS voltage and resistance
                            2. ICV resistance
                            3. Double check vacuum hoses

Comment

I would bet you have a vacuum leak.

Comment

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post
                                So. I got the S50 started, but it won't maintain idle. Most of the times RPMs will just drop and die with no attempt to correct. Everyone once in a while it will spike RPMs and try to recover, but never does.

I can keep the engine running if I apply throttle. Doesn't sound like there is any kind of hesitation when I do this, although it is really hard hear since it just has open headers at the moment.

ICV does come on. ODB1. Silver Label DME with TRM tune + ews delete chip. Check engine light does come on when I turn the key.

Anyways, just wanted to get some other thoughts and get a list of things to check on tomorrow. Car is at a garage with no internet, so I'm trying to stop the constant back'n forth between my place and the garage.

Things to test:
                                1. TPS voltage and resistance
                                2. ICV resistance
                                3. Double check vacuum hoses
                                Turkey neck on the back of the intake mani. I take PayPal. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X