X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch is also new since the swap maybe 3k on it

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
      maybe time for some new fluid? I've had the Z3 in multiple cars, and i love it. Plus, I'm trying to get the car in a OEM+ state. I dont want it super race car-esqe (its a daily), but have it perform like an M inspired car should.

With that said, I should have went with the stock M20 Sachs clutch Austin...The Spec 2 grabs fugggin great, but isn't ideal for daily driving....it plants power down and gives no fucks
      His trans was supposedly a low miles unit from his 323i parts car. I put some new fluid in for him a month or so ago and it didn't help...who knows.

I'm just gonna throw one of my used stock clutches in for now to get the car on the road. Might go with one of those ebay clutches or perhaps a SPEC later...more money I really don't want to spend right now.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Idk just sounds like you have the average g260, I thought you meant like the shifter was binding up on the interior/trans/something.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

I think low miles is the problem Ive never had a g260 with less than 250k on it let alone 90k I just need to break it in

Comment

No, it probably never was serviced in that time and the synchros are all gummed up and/or are worn to fuck from dirty ghetto felony flats SE crackheads driving the piss out of it.

Comment

In other news I think it may be time to give my turd a new look I'm kind of digging this, my shell is beat so I don't mind cutting for flares

Comment

I could fry a G260 syncros in a few thousand miles if i tried.. Low miles != quality

Comment

The license plate cracks me up every time.

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                    I could fry a G260 syncros in a few thousand miles if i tried.. Low miles != quality

I've only killed one out of 12 e30's did it with my henna car 2 weeks after getting went first to second to fast and it locked in to second, I kicked it out of second with my foot and couldn't get back in too 1st or 2nd, drove home in 3rd bought a bronzit coupe for 250
                    Bucks The next day , drove it home and parted it out I miss the old days.

Comment

The only trans i've fried while driving was a G240. banged it into second, heard a loud thud, and was able to limp it home. sold the car shortly after lol
                      -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                      91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                      08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                      04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                      Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                      Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

I just miss my mostly stock eta this 24v shit is for the birds

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                          yeah i hate how i can plug in my bluetooth dongle into my obd2 port on my 24v and read all of my damn codes...

so dumb
                          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

I'm obd1 :(

Comment

I'm obd1 :(
                              i know, im just messin <3

BUT i did hear from Dave Markert, that they have been successfully converting obd1 engines to obd2 :up: pretty cool if you ask me.
                              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

M60 time? Com'on man, join the dark side, go full retard!

Of course, I haven't even started working on mine, just a garage of parts right now. Just a Seta with Eta management, and a nasty exhaust leak for now. Hopefully late next week, the 5.4 triton I am doing rods bearings, mains and a crank will be done, then my pile can move into the garage.

BTW, anyone ever rebuilt a steering rack? Everything I am seeing looks like it's not too bad. I'm considering doing a better rack swap, just not sure what will work with the M60 swap.
                                Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Working...
                                X