No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fucked up. I got lucky with my last two.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Was it a seattle or PDX motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
        All I need is a crank and I can make my m50 a 3.0 right?

And some boring lol. Just .5 of a L

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
        Was it a seattle or PDX motor?

It was a Seattle motor.
        - S50 Swapped E30 1/1 Mineral White -
        @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

There was one down here I was tempted to buy for my cabrio, but life said otherwise. I was hoping it wasn't that one.

I'll keep an eye peeled for you.

Comment

In other news, selling my E34 tomorrow :( fuck bills and adult responsibilities. It's going to a good home, so that eases the pain some.

Comment

There was one down here I was tempted to buy for my cabrio, but life said otherwise. I was hoping it wasn't that one.

I'll keep an eye peeled for you.

Thank you!

In other news, selling my E34 tomorrow :( fuck bills and adult responsibilities. It's going to a good home, so that eases the pain some.

Now I'm going to have to sell my other e30 for some extra moneysssss [emoji30] so I feel you on that
              @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

That sucks. Unless I know personally who I am buying a motor, I pretty much always assume it's a core - unless it's running in a car, and can get compression numbers..

With that being said, I have bought plenty of complete motors in my time and never once was one running in a car or did it have a compression test..

What's that tell you?

The only complete motors I have acquired and used "as is" were from friends that I trust. Everything else was considered a core or rebuilder.

It's not a dig on anyone I have purchased/acquired motors from, for my piece of mind it's cheap and easy insurance to just rering and reseal a motor..

Can the block be bored over?

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Where the shocks at

Anyone selling Bilstein sports or Koni yellows in the PNW? For a 1991 318is need the full set.

Comment

Originally posted by iiTzvaughn View Post
                    Thank you!

Now I'm going to have to sell my other e30 for some extra moneysssss [emoji30] so I feel you on that
                    I think KeeperJones on here might still have his s50 motor for sale. He was asking great price for it too. Looked great in person. I got a bunch of parts from him, great guy. Let me know if you have some plastic bumpers for sale??? I'll help fund your new motor ;)
                    F80 M3 Alpine
                    E10 Fjord Blue 2002
                    E28 Blackish 535i
                    E21 Silver 320i
                    Disco1 98 4.6
                    ~~~~~~
                    E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
                    E30 325i SOLD
                    E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
                    E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                      That sucks. Unless I know personally who I am buying a motor, I pretty much always assume it's a core - unless it's running in a car, and can get compression numbers..

With that being said, I have bought plenty of complete motors in my time and never once was one running in a car or did it have a compression test..

What's that tell you?

The only complete motors I have acquired and used "as is" were from friends that I trust. Everything else was considered a core or rebuilder.

It's not a dig on anyone I have purchased/acquired motors from, for my piece of mind it's cheap and easy insurance to just rering and reseal a motor..

Can the block be bored over?

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Well the plan was to completely rebuild the motor will all forged parts. So I guess yes, I considered it a core as well because I was going to use nothing from inside besides the crank.
                      Yes it can. But the Pistons I have are exact s50 bore size,87 iirc? In retro spec I should have gone a slight size bigger.
                      And even if I could bore it bigger, I'm not even sure the cylinder wall is all intact.

Originally posted by e30_world View Post
                      I think KeeperJones on here might still have his s50 motor for sale. He was asking great price for it too. Looked great in person. I got a bunch of parts from him, great guy. Let me know if you have some plastic bumpers for sale??? I'll help fund your new motor ;)

I might have plastic bumpers [emoji57]
                      @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

Originally posted by iiTzvaughn View Post
                        Well the plan was to completely rebuild the motor will all forged parts. So I guess yes, I considered it a core as well because I was going to use nothing from inside besides the crank.
                        Yes it can. But the Pistons I have are exact s50 bore size,87 iirc? In retro spec I should have gone a slight size bigger.
                        And even if I could bore it bigger, I'm not even sure the cylinder wall is all intact.

I might have plastic bumpers [emoji57]
                        Sent you a PM :)
                        F80 M3 Alpine
                        E10 Fjord Blue 2002
                        E28 Blackish 535i
                        E21 Silver 320i
                        Disco1 98 4.6
                        ~~~~~~
                        E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
                        E30 325i SOLD
                        E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
                        E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
                        sigpic

Comment

Anything to look out for when inspecting an s52? I'm gonna go look at an e36m next weekend...
                          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                          Originally posted by roguetoaster
                          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

All this talk of ruined S50s has me that much happier I'm going turbo m20. If anyone has bits laying around for sale, I'm starting the parts collection.
                            sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

E34 sold and tools paid off. Now I can sleep at night.

Comment

I have 2 blown s50's you can buy [emoji57]
                                @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

Working...
                                X