PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
    Lol. I'm part Romanian and I don't like admitting it... Agreed with this statement 1000000x over.

The Romanian ginger. It's all so clear now.

Comment

Originally posted by AustinK425 View Post
      I was wondering what happened to your ig posts

Yeah. Nothing to post about when there is nothing happening [emoji30]
      - S50 Swapped E30 1/1 Mineral White -
      @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

Originally posted by AustinK425 View Post
        E46 = Best daily
        Yeah, my mom had a 03 325 sedan aw/dove sport pack a few years ago, I loved that car, I drove it everywhere. Should look a bit harder into the 46 non Ms
        -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
        08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
        318iS, slow build/garage queen...
        '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
        Originally posted by roguetoaster
        Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
          The Romanian ginger. It's all so clear now.
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

E46M3 has always been a dream car of mine too. Too bad the only reasonable ones have SMG trans. I've heard, once they go.... Fuk. But I'd never sell an e30 to help fund one. Maybe my jeep! :)
            F80 M3 Alpine
            E10 Fjord Blue 2002
            E28 Blackish 535i
            E21 Silver 320i
            Disco1 98 4.6
            ~~~~~~
            E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
            E30 325i SOLD
            E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
            E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30_world View Post
              E46M3 has always been a dream car of mine too. Too bad the only reasonable ones have SMG trans. I've heard, once they go.... Fuk. But I'd never sell an e30 to help fund one. Maybe my jeep! :)
              Same man...I've been so tempted lately to get into an E46 M3, but then i drive the E30 and everything goes back to normal. Plus the price tag on maintenance for the E46 is soooooo much more than the E30 lol.
              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by e30_world View Post
                There was a post on Jalopnik a few weeks ago walking through the SMG to Manual conversion process. About $1000 in parts and a weekend in the garage. And that was buying all the parts new. Seems buying a well sorted SMG and doing the conversion would be well worth it.

Daniel
                1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
                2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

Originally posted by hankolerd View Post
                  There was a post on Jalopnik a few weeks ago walking through the SMG to Manual conversion process. About $1000 in parts and a weekend in the garage. And that was buying all the parts new. Seems buying a well sorted SMG and doing the conversion would be well worth it.
                  That's worth looking into! I don't mind autos at all, I prefer them for a daily in fact, however I also turn cars like a crack habit and watch those smgs sit, sit, sit, and sit. So that might be awesome if that's true. I just hope the thread wasn't about 10 years ago when e30m3's were 10k lol

Brad I'm with ya, I'm also keepin an eye out for an e36m3. But those are also starting to jump!
                  F80 M3 Alpine
                  E10 Fjord Blue 2002
                  E28 Blackish 535i
                  E21 Silver 320i
                  Disco1 98 4.6
                  ~~~~~~
                  E30 325i SOLD
                  sigpic

Comment

Need some advice, I plan on looking at an '89 325i this weekend. It looks pretty good and the price is decent only problem is it's a salvage title. When I asked about it, the guy said it was because the car was repainted at one point. Does that seem legit? Besides that, let's say the car runs and drives fine. Will I have any problems putting the car in my name, insuring it, etc.? I'm in WA btw if that matters. Just wanted to know if it's even worth checking out.

Comment

Did you get a carfax and autocheck yet? that should have more details about the salvage title.

Comment

Originally posted by e30rik View Post
                        Need some advice, I plan on looking at an '89 325i this weekend. It looks pretty good and the price is decent only problem is it's a salvage title. When I asked about it, the guy said it was because the car was repainted at one point. Does that seem legit? Besides that, let's say the car runs and drives fine. Will I have any problems putting the car in my name, insuring it, etc.? I'm in WA btw if that matters. Just wanted to know if it's even worth checking out.
                        getting a paint job for a car wouldnt give it a salvage title. to me that sounds sketch. definitely get a car fax to find the real reason. And no, the salvage title shouldnt give you problems registering it under your name.

But if it drives good/straight, why not? If you're trying to make a few bucks down the line, i wouldnt invest in a salvaged/rebuilt title E30. just my
                        -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                        91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                        04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                        Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                        Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by e30rik View Post
                          Unless it's a great deal, I'd walk away. Paint jobs don't add up to a salvage title. What else could the seller be lying about or forgetting to disclose. E30's are only cheap if you work on them yourself. They can rack up a nice bill quick if you take them in. If this is going to be your daily, I'd shop around a bit more. Lots of great e30's out there. Don't be too excited about the I in e30, it doesn't take much to make most all e30's into i's or IS. I personally never buy salvaged title. But that's only because they are hard to sell. If you plan on just learning to wrench on it and like others have said it drives well then sure. GL!
                          F80 M3 Alpine
                          E10 Fjord Blue 2002
                          E28 Blackish 535i
                          E21 Silver 320i
                          Disco1 98 4.6
                          ~~~~~~
                          E30 325i SOLD
                          sigpic

Comment

Salvage (also called total loss) - this is used for a vehicle that has sustained major damage in a car accident or from a flood, vandalism or other occurrence. (Often 75-100% of the car's value to repair)

Rebuilt (also called rebuilt salvage) - this is for a vehicle that had previously been branded as salvaged but has been rebuilt or repaired and then reinspected. The brand stays on the title permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                              2 kids in back, no car seats, they were like 2 ,maybe 3
                              As a parent, this kind of stuff makes me sad. Not the no car seat (I remember sitting on the parents lap as a kid), but just that their influences are people willing to lie and cheat others..
                              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                              2016 Ford Flex
                              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Hopefully getting an m50 block for $100! Lol.

Anywho... Is there a way to change your username?
                                - S50 Swapped E30 1/1 Mineral White -
                                @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

Working...
                                X