PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30rik View Post
    I appreciate the replies. So under no circumstance could a car have a salvage title from paint alone? If not, I already can't trust the seller, obviously. I'll admit it didn't sound legit at all when he told me. Anyway, I'm not looking to flip the car or buy it as an investment, I am however looking for a daily. I don't mind the brand on the title as long as its not fucked. I definitely don't want to be buying tires and whatever else every few thousand miles. Speaking of tires, he says they're all mismatched which I don't like the sound of. The car isn't a steal by any means but it is a late model 325i with what looks like decent paint and clean interior for around 2 grand. It's been on seattle cl for awhile I'm sure someone on here has seen it. That said, I'd think I could break even or even take a small loss maybe? Sure there's plenty of e30s for sale but my budget sucks. I'm saving and checking cl everyday but they're definitely hard to find in this price range.

I'll just go ahead and link the ad. Maybe someone knows this car or at the very least can give their opinion on what it's worth. http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/5452845098.html

I also found an early eta with no major problems but it has 285k on it. Good daily or too high mileage?
    I remember seeing this car before too. It has a front removable core support. My assumption is that it obviously got wrecked at the front end. I wouldn't come near that car if it were me.

You can still find deals out there. Just be patient. My 87 325iS sat on CL for months and the seller just kept bringing down the price. Eventually I went to see the car, and got a great deal.
    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Fuck that car and the seller. He's a known scammer. "Nick Hayden" on here.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Why is everyone worried about mileage, that doesn't matter with e30's my m50 car has over 500k in it the henna car has over 400k henna car feels brand new if it didn't say it had that many miles I would assume under 100k

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
          285k is not a big deal, at all. My brothers m30 535i e28 has a broke odo at 254k and PO said it broke about 5 years or more ago... we just raced it head to head today with my m42 e30, and my m42 car won. Granted my LSD helps off the line... his engine is probably kinda tired too.

I arranged with blueapplesoda for my megasquirt setup and am going to place my order next week for megasquirt ms3-pro plug n play. Going to make my own injector harness for sequential and then Ill be making m20b25 power. cheers :)

You do more "head to head" and "racing" then a damn F1 driver....

That said your LSD isn't really responsible for your "I'm so fast" in a dry environment, you could go up against the same car you have , LSD vs open, but the diff and trans ratios will matter more. If your ACTUALLY racing, LSD will help. But in a straight line, the Honda Odyssey is quick so....

1 2 3 go right? Bro I'm much quicker lol

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
            Idk why but i really like driving this conpletely stock 318 m10 car. Its really fun. I'm
            Going to destroy it.
            I've been saying this for years. A m10 e30 is SOOOOoooo much fun, and the perfect car to learn to drive. You'll quickly learn how to keep speed through the corners - it's like the opposite of drifting, you actually learn to keep a line - even on the street - 'cause you have such little power, you gotta!
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
              Going to make my own injector harness
              Where's that pic of you "extening" the fuel injector wires with yellow home depot wires?
              Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                I've been saying this for years. A m10 e30 is SOOOOoooo much fun, and the perfect car to learn to drive. You'll quickly learn how to keep speed through the corners - it's like the opposite of drifting, you actually learn to keep a line - even on the street - 'cause you have such little power, you gotta!

Exactly, been 10ish years since I had an m10 car. Brings me back.

Comment

I really feel like this 318 could come damn close to whatever time my heavily modified primer turd could put down through some twisties. Just floor it and flow there's nothing to it.

Comment

Here's to all your SMG Whining

This video has kicked around a bit, but I still love this car. Plan is to someday throw an SMG in to the racecar for SnG's..
                    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    2016 Ford Flex
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                      It has a front removable core support. My assumption is that it obviously got wrecked at the front end. I wouldn't come near that car if it were me.
                      x2

Not sure your budget, but I would keep saving if you need to and look for a clean and mostly sorted car in the $3-5k range. Like these:

Daniel
                      1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
                      2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

Well no sense in asking for advice if I'm not going to take it, I guess I'll have to pass on it. Normally I wouldn't care too much about mileage but like I said I'm looking for a daily. I have no problem doing most of any work it needs myself but don't want a bunch of stuff to go out at once. The early model looks like a pretty good deal as well. It's actually a black on black 325es and it looks pretty clean. It is over 250 miles away from me but I have nothing to do tomorrow. Although I'd hate to drive down there and not buy it for whatever reason. Guy is asking 2700 which is about the top of my budget right now. If this is a dead end it looks like I'll have to save for awhile and look for something like hank suggested. Once again, appreciate your guys' opinions and hoping to be more active on here.

Comment

Not to say you can't find deals out there for <$3k, because they do exist, you just have to be willing to wait for the right car. And just in general unless the car is a good deal I would usually pass on salvage titles. My M3 is a salvage title, but I had a PPI done before purchasing and the owner let me drive it myself to get the PPI done, so I had a little time to check everything was working and there were no funny noises. It was also a good deal compared to clean title M3's at the time. If I wouldn't have bought this salvage title car I would not have been able to afford an e30 M3 at all, especially with the way prices are now.

Daniel
                          1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
                          2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

Mileage on an E30 is kind of a moot point considering most of the odometers stop in the 200k range

Comment

Originally posted by e30rik View Post
                              Well no sense in asking for advice if I'm not going to take it, I guess I'll have to pass on it. Normally I wouldn't care too much about mileage but like I said I'm looking for a daily. I have no problem doing most of any work it needs myself but don't want a bunch of stuff to go out at once. The early model looks like a pretty good deal as well. It's actually a black on black 325es and it looks pretty clean. It is over 250 miles away from me but I have nothing to do tomorrow. Although I'd hate to drive down there and not buy it for whatever reason. Guy is asking 2700 which is about the top of my budget right now. If this is a dead end it looks like I'll have to save for awhile and look for something like hank suggested. Once again, appreciate your guys' opinions and hoping to be more active on here.

a little rough around the edges, but this seems like a decent deal if it runs good
                              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                                Mileage on an E30 is kind of a moot point considering most of the odometers stop in the 200k range
                                I wouldn't say it's moot, but it's not the most important consideration when considering a car to buy.

Straight, rust free cars with good paint are ideal.

engines are easy to swap, so are control arms and suspensions. neglected rear subframe/trailing arm bushings can be a pain to replace.

Comment

Working...
                                X