PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vaughnbannister View Post
    I have a friend selling his basically rolling she'll with m20 motor slick top 318is
    Isn't that the kid who bought it for a grand and is now trying to sell it for 3. And now it's not running... "but it's a slick top"
    Hank Ahrens
    1984 Alpine Coupe
    1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
      Anybody check this out yet? I am still looking for a decent shell/skeleton/starting point for my next project.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/5489668525.html
      My neighbor is selling his 87is shell for around $1700. It's red and completely rust free. Not running but would make a great shell.
      F80 M3 Alpine
      E10 Fjord Blue 2002
      E28 Blackish 535i
      E21 Silver 320i
      Disco1 98 4.6
      ~~~~~~
      E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
      E30 325i SOLD
      E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
      E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
        Isn't that the kid who bought it for a grand and is now trying to sell it for 3. And now it's not running... "but it's a slick top"

I don't know what he has it up for, but he has a lot of parts for it. He is lazy and won't put it back together.
        - S50 Swapped E30 1/1 Mineral White -
        @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

who here is good at website design? I need a site for my DJing and I am willing to pay for it. I dont have a ton of cash but I would be very happy to exchange work too, so if you need your timing belt done or something just let me know! want to throw this out to locals before I post in off-topic lounge. or is it a better idea to just use wordpress or something?

I have alot of experience working on these cars so please look past my noobie nature of 2012!
          Last edited by 5Toes; 03-20-2016, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
            who here is good at website design? I need a site for my DJing and I am willing to pay for it. I dont have a ton of cash but I would be very happy to exchange work too, so if you need your timing belt done or something just let me know! want to throw this out to locals before I post in off-topic lounge. or is it a better idea to just use wordpress or something?

I have alot of experience working on these cars so please look past my noobie nature of 2012!
            I just used Weebly to do the new E30Picnic website. They have a free option that just limits how much data your website can hold (500MB or something, pretty generous, good for ~75 original DSLR quality photos), with just a banner at the bottom saying hosted by Weebly. It was at the suggestion of another r3v'r who works for Weebly. I haven't done much web work before, and it was really easy to set-up, since it is all drag+drop of controls, as opposed to actual HTML/JS/CSS coding. If you have ever used a WYSIWYG editor before you will be able to get by fine.

Daniel
            1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
            2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I am gonna do some preperation work this week for it (taking pictures, making a new mix) and then launch it. I plan to update it often with songs I like, gear reviews, etc. Really just want to get my name out there but not by posting dumb status updates on facecrack

Comment

Couple of things added to my need to fix list. Looking for HVAC blower motor resistor and a late model year gas tank.

Prefer in the greater Portland area for the time being.

Comment

I ended up buying a brand new gas tank for my 91. It was only $180 shipped from Rock Auto, couldn't get mine fixed for that.

Comment

I've got a resistor for you, Gerard.
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Buy new Gerard.

If you want, I can see what Ryan can get a new one for, though Rock may be the cheapest option.

Used tanks are like a white elephant gift - that you can't unwrap until your fuel system is clogged for some unknown reason.
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Here you go Brad! Road trip
                        F80 M3 Alpine
                        E10 Fjord Blue 2002
                        E28 Blackish 535i
                        E21 Silver 320i
                        Disco1 98 4.6
                        ~~~~~~
                        E30 325i SOLD
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30_world View Post
                          damnnnn. my only gripe is that its a slick top!...if I'm gonna own an E46, its gotta have a moonroof

but that is damn tempting
                          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                            damnnnn. my only gripe is that its a slick top!...if I'm gonna own an E46, its gotta have a moonroof

but that is damn tempting
                            WHAT!!! I am all about the slick top. If I was more handy, id delete my sunroof sooo fast. My concern is the miles, but it seems to be in order. I love the seats!!!!
                            F80 M3 Alpine
                            E10 Fjord Blue 2002
                            E28 Blackish 535i
                            E21 Silver 320i
                            Disco1 98 4.6
                            ~~~~~~
                            E30 325i SOLD
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30_world View Post
                              WHAT!!! I am all about the slick top. If I was more handy, id delete my sunroof sooo fast. My concern is the miles, but it seems to be in order. I love the seats!!!!
                              Really?! I love moonroof's/sunroof's! Yeah, definitely high mileage, but as long as long as those trouble area's are addressed, I'd be a sweet car! Exterior/interior is money!
                              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                                Really?! I love moonroof's/sunroof's! Yeah, definitely high mileage, but as long as long as those trouble area's are addressed, I'd be a sweet car! Exterior/interior is money!
                                If you don't like the slick top I'd trade you if you bought that one hahahaha
                                -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Working...
                                X