No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no. Im trying to stomp s50 swaps with my m42 sedan.

edit: keep up with s50 swaps
    Last edited by 5Toes; 04-12-2016, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post

Lmfao.
      -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
      91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
      08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
      04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
      Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
      Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

I told him he'd need to try harder.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

You're gonna need some 2.73 gears so you have that tall 2nd gear

But seriously, you're gonna need some boost or NO2 to keep up with s50/52 swapped e30s
          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
          Originally posted by roguetoaster
          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Ive seen atleast 3 m42s on youtube recently with camshafts, ITBs and other supporting mods dynoing around 190whp. s50 swaps Ive seen dyno charts over the years of 210whp and with software up to 230whp. agreed?

thats not that far off, enough for the weight of the car and gearing to make the difference. not trying to piss people off or crack a joke but I seriously think its doable

Comment

While you might be able to make close peak power, peak power and power under the curve is a very different thing... I'm not saying its not doable, but its gonna be a hard road. I'm thinking of converting my m42 to ITBs and MS3 management, with m50 lifters and retainers and shoot for 7500 rpm... Don't know yet though.

a 190Whp m42 sounds like some interesting dyno correction values... or a dynojet My m42 according to drag slips puts down 160 crank, which is a big difference from wheel... Probably 135-140 wheel, another 60whp from cams and ITBs still NA? Sounds unrealistic to me, or you have a motor with life measured in hours or it idles at 3k and has the tq curve of a perimeter ported rotary...

That said, my m42 is still as much fun as my M3 on a really tight curvy road. Pinning the gas with short gears, light flywheel and relatively slow motor is more fun than goosing it in the M and be going too fast.
              -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post

So I guess I'm gonna give this free revshit piece a shot
                A drive line NEEDS to flex. I know it's counter-intuitive, but if you learn that your motor doesn't actually turn at a rock solid RPM, but has pulses of acceleration during each cylinder firing, it makes sense. You, can't see it, and no RPM gauge will measure it, but the crank of your motor is always speeding up and slowing down on each firing.

Revshift even claims that the stock unit "robs power" - if you know your physics, you know that all that the "lost power" by the guibo would have to become heat, and since your flex disk isn't ever hot (other then the exhaust or engine heat) - it's a short way to prove it's a flat out lie.

They have no clue what they are talking about - I get the felling they made this product just to make "something"....but I hear it sells like hot cakes.
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Ive seen atleast 3 m42s on youtube recently with camshafts, ITBs and other supporting mods dynoing around 190whp. s50 swaps Ive seen dyno charts over the years of 210whp and with software up to 230whp. agreed?

thats not that far off, enough for the weight of the car and gearing to make the difference. not trying to piss people off or crack a joke but I seriously think its doable

I'll buy you like 3 cheeseburgers if you can hold my basically stock m50nv with a power robbing revshit giubo

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                    A drive line NEEDS to flex. I know it's counter-intuitive, but if you learn that your motor doesn't actually turn at a rock solid RPM, but has pulses of acceleration during each cylinder firing, it makes sense. You, can't see it, and no RPM gauge will measure it, but the crank of your motor is always speeding up and slowing down on each firing.

Revshift even claims that the stock unit "robs power" - if you know your physics, you know that all that the "lost power" by the guibo would have to become heat, and since your flex disk isn't ever hot (other then the exhaust or engine heat) - it's a short way to prove it's a flat out lie.

They have no clue what they are talking about - I get the felling they made this product just to make "something"....but I hear it sells like hot cakes.

I got it for free because I was pissed off they're bushings were shit, they offered me a free replacement of they're new updated bushings but I went with akg and said i wasn't going to waste my time. They continued to offer me other products I figured a spare giubo would be nice to have laying around, it's been sitting on a shelf for 6 months money's tight fuck it.

Comment

What a horrible product. Do not put that guibo in your car. Only a matter of time before it breaks and causes havoc with your driveshaft. The company loves sending half-assed products out the door just to add to their bottom line. Not engineering involved whatsoever. Your much better off sticking with a company like AKG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Lots of cars don't have rubber guibos in their drive lines at all... Vws chevys, most American stuff all survive without a rubber duck in the driveline.

Now it might be that bmw is way smarter and the guibo saves the gearbox and CVs, but a car doesn't "need" one.
                        -Christian

Comment

Still sounds like you keep telling yourself you can fuck as good with a 3inch dick as someone with a 8inch dick.

"I'll just go faster! It's just as good baby!"

Comment

Bahahahhahahha that's some funny shit.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                              Still sounds like you keep telling yourself you can fuck as good with a 3inch dick as someone with a 8inch dick.

"I'll just go faster! It's just as good baby!"
                              hahahahaha.

Comment

hahahahahah I shouldn't have opened this thread in class hahahahahah
                                -Christian

Comment

Working...
                                X