PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
    Been working my ass off. Been working for a utilities company for a bit, driving a total piece of shit Chevy blazer. My wife and I are getting a divorce, should be a clean break. Other then that I'm fantastic.

Found a few good examples, but I just saw an ix for sale. Auto and no sport interior, but it's clean.

Sorry to hear man. Always enjoyed your guys company

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
      Sorry to hear man. Always enjoyed your guys company
      Thanks man, it was a long time coming. It just got to a point where counseling wasn't working, and we would be arguing a lot. I wanted her to make some changes on several things and she never changed, where I changed my whole life for her. I stopped working on cars, so I could spend more time with her, which killed me. So, I drive a car that is a total a to b only driver, and I hate it. It just goes and there's nothing to talk about when it comes to a Chevy blazer. I practically stopped drinking for her, which wasn't that bad at all. Actually when I drink now, I'm kinda a lightweight. So it's cheap!! By the way, I never cheated on her. In fact, I would have spent all my money on her if there weren't any consequences. So, I want my life back, and I got it back, except I'm missing the e30 sized hole in my life. It must me filled.

sigpic

Comment

Went to the "Built Not Bought Northwest" meet tonight. As always, my swap got a huge amount of attention.....
        Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
          Went to the "Built Not Bought Northwest" meet tonight. As always, my swap got a huge amount of attention.....

imagine if toes built his m42, he would be swimming in people

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
            Never heard of it. Guess I'm not missing much. Sounds like a giant shit show with a bunch of broke ass kids and their broke ass Hondas on cut springs and giant rep wheels.

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
            imagine if toes built his m42, he would be swimming in people
            He could tell them all about his dream of having a 200 hp NA M42 with ITBs, which would probably cost more than all the cars at the meet put together.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Funny thing is, my buddy Ryan and I have been talking about M42's a bit lately, since he just did a full rebuild on a customer's.

200hp I don't think is entirely out of the realm of possibility, but yes, cost is going to be high.. similar to what that guy is running in his GT2 318is car, and along the same approach taken as BMW did with the S42. So read, not at all streetable..

At the least, your going to need t get compression in to the 12:1 range, solid lifter cam and after market control..

It would be fun to build an all out race motor of an m42, but it would be some investment..

Any whoot sorry for the derail. If you need me, I'll be wallowing in M30 world.
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                Never heard of it. Guess I'm not missing much. Sounds like a giant shit show with a bunch of broke ass kids and their broke ass Hondas on cut springs and giant rep wheels.
                There was a few really nice Late model BMWs and Audis on bags with some bolt ons, their was also quite a few Subies, most turbo'd, a few FR-s that had some work, oh and one guy with w Ferrari Testerossa. But for the most part, Yeah, a lot of Subarus, and vape smoke. I'm not trying to sound like a douche, but I think I had the most fab work in my car there.

Wasn't bad overall, It was suppose to be from like 6-10, we got there at like 7, and everyone pretty much bailed by 730-8....

Also, Shit ton of spammers in here again. I wish we could track down the basement dweller that is doing this crap....
                Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

That is the one benefit of Tapatalk, I usually just check the subscribe or participated threads..

Sure, I miss some of the new "parting out my beloved car" threads, but less spam..

Ha
                  2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                    Funny thing is, my buddy Ryan and I have been talking about M42's a bit lately, since he just did a full rebuild on a customer's.

200hp I don't think is entirely out of the realm of possibility, but yes, cost is going to be high.. similar to what that guy is running in his GT2 318is car, and along the same approach taken as BMW did with the S42. So read, not at all streetable..

At the least, your going to need t get compression in to the 12:1 range, solid lifter cam and after market control..

It would be fun to build an all out race motor of an m42, but it would be some investment..

Any whoot sorry for the derail. If you need me, I'll be wallowing in M30 world.
                    bmwman91 has a full-retard MM built m42 and it still doesn't have 200whp. but it's actually driveable power and probably a hoot to drive.

toes should spend his money on a few trackdays instead of ITBs

Comment

200whp is a lot for a 4 cylinder that doesnt have any variable valve timing, unless you had some ridiculous cams and it makes nothing under 4000rpms

I think djjerme was talking about 200bhp, which is a lot more realistic.

William (bmwman91) is working on getting a tunable ECU setup that should help to get him closer to hitting that goal. He has had a basic chip to try and run that setup
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        I think djjerme was talking about 200bhp, which is a lot more realistic.

Sorry, yes you are correct..

Though.. if you could some how find an S42 in someone's garage.. Just sayin' stranger things have happened.
                        2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                          Sorry, yes you are correct..

Though.. if you could some how find an S42 in someone's garage.. Just sayin' stranger things have happened.
                          Race cars for sale and race cars wanted, rally cars, spares, memorabilia, transporters and pit equipment for sale with on-line photos and spec sheets.

Ive hit him up about selling the spare motor, no response
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

the m42/m44 ITB kit RHD engineered they claim almost a 20%WHP gain on a stock engine. On a MM engine its going to be as much, if not more. the m42 intake manifold and dual bore throttle body seems to be the major bottleneck. it is great for economy and standard levels of performance but for full retardness it is alot less than ideal. the mm pulse tuned manifold thing is also a waste of money in my opinion.

the m42 is absolutely capable of 100hp/liter at the crank but I would think that is borderline streetable. Im no expert but have been researching/digging up this info for a couple years now.

Comment

I never understood the M42 ribbing. I had one and it was a pretty fun little motor. Of course not putting down gobs of WHP, but honestly who here is?

My E30 M3 at 160whp was far and away more fun to drive than my 500hp holset c900. If you're looking to be the horsepower king, there are more friendly platforms to start with than the e30.
                              '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Im a fan of the M10, M20 and M42s, but when it comes to engine builds I like my money to get me as far as possible and its hard to justify it with a M42. With that motor, I would focus on less rotating mass and less weight on the car.

ITBs are only as good as the tune, thats one of the things that makes me stick to as much OEM stuff as possible. My M52 is 100% OEM parts except for the tune and the pistons. I wanted the OEM +1 piston but it was $300+ / piston VS ~$100/piston for the Wiseco Pistons from TMS. Im at nearly 100bhp/liter on a 2.8 so Im a happy camper. E30 doesnt need 500bhp
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X