PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dugly52 View Post
    What engine is in your track car again? Is it your S52?

I'm going turbo on my track car this year, and haven't done anything to the clutch. So Id guess it won't last too long.
    yeah, you def need to upgrade that clutch Dougie.
    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

URGENT!!!

So, my M3 just stranded me at exit 40 in Kelso. Alternator I believe.

Anyone have the time to try and jump it? Need to get back to PDX asap.
      Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by Pipes View Post
        @Metallated Nice looking car! What wheels/tires?
        Thank you Pipes! I really appreciate the complement. The wheels are currently some msr's that the previous owner had custom widened I believe, but I haven't been able to track down the exact model so far. The car runs well but has a lot of issues I'm working on. . .

I see that 349i in you sig and would like to hear more about the project, I'm dreaming of a v8 swap eventually... Do you have a build thread?

Comment

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
          URGENT!!!

So, my M3 just stranded me at exit 40 in Kelso. Alternator I believe.

Anyone have the time to try and jump it? Need to get back to PDX asap.

Nvm. Got it handled
          Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
            S52/G260 and a stock clutch for now. I've always ran stock clutches with this setup and always had good luck, until now. I got about 100k out of my last one and it still had quite a bit of life left at the end of it all. Don't know if I would trust running more than 250hp through a stock one, though. S50/52 are right on the cusp, which is why a lot of folk go with a heavy duty or aftermarket unit.
            Good to know. I figured I'd have to do it, but doing things one step at a time.
            sigpic
            Project: 87' 325iS... 325iS
            88 Alpine 325i
            1/2 88 325iX

Comment

Hey guys. Ever seen a three piece clutch before? I think it would be a hot seller.
              I made a couple of those.
              Oddly, some p-p's give up quickly, others last a long time,
              and they look identical going in. Check the rivets on the straps carefully-
              my straps always broke there...

t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                I made a couple of those.
                Oddly, some p-p's give up quickly, others last a long time,
                and they look identical going in. Check the rivets on the straps carefully-
                my straps always broke there...

t
                That's exactly what happened to mine. Looks like the rivets just ripped right out. Kinda impressive.
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I could never figure out if the rivets were too tight, too loose, the holes drilled wrong, or I was just
                  overrevving it on shifts when rev- matching...

t
                  now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Well, the wife convinced me to throw the zinno car up on craigslist so here is the link.
                    If anyone here is interested ill work out a better deal for yall r3v guys.

Sent from a payphone on the moon.
                    sigpic
                    Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post
                      Anyone got a pair of e30 Ate front brake calipers in the greater Portland area? They will be rebuilt, so don't have to be in great shape.

I have a pair. PM me if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

your 88 is so clean, hope to get mine that way soon... Id ask more though :)

my m42 is acting up on me. leaving the gas station yesterday I had an extremely weak crank... so I push started it and made my way home. The radio reset itself when trying to crank the car, and only works now with the key in the ignition/accessory on positions WITH THE ENGINE NOT RUNNING. very odd. car still has good power and bump starts easily.

I am thinking the alternator died and the battery has very little charge, or it got overcharged. Something odd... gotta look into it this weekend. anyways I am not interested in putting a reman "lifetime" warranty POS on there - going to rebuild what I have. Gonna take pics too and make a nice DIY. anybody ever done this? looks fairly straightforward

Comment

Anyone in Bellingham have the tool for securing the fan clutch? (I have the flat 32mm wrench for the nut).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                            anybody ever done this? looks fairly straightforward
                            Yes, but it's been close to 20 years since I last did it.

Mostly was GM and Ford Alternators back then, but yes, it's fairly easy..
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I have been researching the options and I am not gonna drop $240 on a Bosch reman... that is good money for speakers! lol

the bearings, voltage regulator and chemicals are only $65.

Comment

I Don't know if you can replace the carbon wipers (the contact points that pick up the current) on them, but if you're in there, not a bad idea to replace them. Usually, you'll replace the springs that put the tension on them at the same time.
                                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                                2016 Ford Flex
                                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
                                X