PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
    Well, we lost one of our own. He was mostly a lurker, but posted occasionally. His name was Phil and he went by "Farwest92" on here; he owned a pretty nice 5-speed converted '87 Zinno 325is. Unsure what happened, but I ended up buying all his E30 related stuff from the estate sale.

RIP :/
    wishno friend?
    Originally posted by bmwm42
    PNW vulture pm me for parts
    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
      wishno friend?
      Maybe he will chime in, but I'm not sure. He lived in the Orchards neighborhood of Vancouver.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Oh man, I think I bought some parts off him last year. That's sad to hear.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks - PM'd

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
          I know wishno87 helped a guy with an m30 swap, and he had a few m10s

pM him, and the guy who he did swap for is named NIck

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
            Oh man, I think I bought some parts off him last year. That's sad to hear.
            For sure. He was a nice fella.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
              Well, we lost one of our own. He was mostly a lurker, but posted occasionally. His name was Phil and he went by "Farwest92" on here; he owned a pretty nice 5-speed converted '87 Zinno 325is. Unsure what happened, but I ended up buying all his E30 related stuff from the estate sale.

RIP :/

Do people just call you first? damn, i hear all the time, "i tried to buy a car, or parts" Guy said someone named austin bought it lool

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Do people just call you first? damn, i hear all the time, "i tried to buy a car, or parts" Guy said someone named austin bought it lool
                A lot of people do call me, but this one was just a random CL posting that I emailed on immediately after they posted it. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by M10Power View Post
                  Well sh*t. This n00b has a cracked M10 head per the machine shop that just inspected it.
                  I know 5Toes keeps looking to ditch his head but I need one that's verifiable and intact.
                  lmao Im not trying to "ditch" anything. I bought the head off a co-worker of mine. The car was his nephews who went off to college and lost interest. He was a stand-up dude at work and I got lots of other parts off the car too. I got the head because it was a quality piece that I knew I could find a better home for.

If you want to waste your time searching out something else with "receipts" then be my guest, but I have made it clear I am trying to make help someone out and make a good deal on the head. It is clearly rebuilt, been in dry storage, and Im not gonna hide anything. Whoever buys it Id recommend dusting it off and throwing it on. To each their own, but now I feel like raising the price and throwing it up on eBay...

Comment

I lost a childhood best friend, and an extraordinary friend to all, over the weekend. Last night was a candle light vigil where over 100 people celebrated his kindness and legacy. Sad day for all, but Devin is in a better place now. he loved Toyota Supras, Seattle Sports, and most importantly his family and friends. He fought up until the very end - RIP buddy

Comment

I hear if you are selling an E30 and stand in front of a mirror saying his name 3 times, he shows up.

Austin...

Austin...

Austin...
                      2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                        I hear if you are selling an E30 and stand in front of a mirror saying his name 3 times, he shows up.

Austin...

Austin...

Austin...
                        Go ahead, make my millennium.

Comment

Originally posted by austin! View Post
                          go ahead, make my millennium.

lol
                          2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Sorry for your loss, 5Toes.

And please don't take my characterization of your M10 head the wrong way. I appreciate your offer. I really do. The way I see it, the price tag of the repair to my head is roughly the same as your asking price plus drive time plus any time and/or work that yours may require after I get it back to Bham. It's no dig against you. If someone had the part for less dough, I'd wait. But currently I have no other options, so I'll likely move forward with the local repair. Time is too limited - my DD is off the road and I'm borrowing a vehicle from a friend to get to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you M10Power.

the way I see it is, I have had machine shops turn one week into two weeks. My head is ready to go. A little cleaning and new gaskets your car could be running this weekend.

Comment

Well then, i just watched the zinno car drive off into the night.
                                Sold for even more than i had it posted for too. Guess i should have asked for more. Lol.
                                Oh well, its going to a good home and will be looked after by a fellow r3v member in idaho.
                                Take care of her Jacob. [emoji106]
                                sigpic
                                Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X