Clear All

^^You're plotting a v8 swap? Which v8?
    -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
    08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
    318iS, slow build/garage queen...
    '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
    Originally posted by roguetoaster
    Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

It's acceptable to move everything to a new shell in the case of Alpina's... It's been done a few times (present company included.)

that being said, if anyone does come across a fairly clean/rust free/straight 1984 2 door shell, let me know. The next step for me is a full rotisserie resto..
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
        ^^You're plotting a v8 swap? Which v8?
        Initially swapping in an m60b40 to work out all of the swap bugs. Then the plan is to build a high compression 4.4l based off an m62 block with m60 heads. However, I was just offered an s62 in trade so idk where that puts me. I do know the s62 is the same block architecture as an m60, so idk, there may be some Frankenstein v8 in my car eventually. We'll see. I guess I could always sell the s62 and build a rear mount turbo for it.
        Hank Ahrens
        1984 Alpine Coupe
        1978 911sc

Comment

i'm kinda thinking about finally letting my e30 go this year...

what's the going rate for a track-prepped 318iS these days? it's fairly clean, not concours but not track rat. stripped, 1 race seat seat, harness and welded-in roll bar.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post

what's the going rate for a track-prepped 318iS these days? it's fairly clean, not concours but not track rat. stripped, 1 race seat seat, harness and welded-in roll bar.
            About tree fiddy
            Hank Ahrens
            1984 Alpine Coupe
            1978 911sc

Comment

Kill that thing so others can live.
              ...or at least so we don't have to keep looking at it on Craigslist for the NEXT 2 years...

heh

t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                Honestly, even though I'm pretty happy with my shell, I know that it was a financial mistake. I would have been better off starting with a clean running e30, which I can get for a couple grand, and parting it out myself. Sure, I have to fix some rust and some body damage, but I'll get to have a unique e30. No one else is going to have a wide v8 lazurblau e30 meant for crushing mountain passes. That will be my car. And being
                exclusive is cool and shit
                You forget about my Orginially Cirrusblaumetalic, now shitty peeling dank blue, M60B40 swapped dumpster fire. haha
                Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Jesus. So last night I put on my mtechnica turbos. I completely underestimated how much of a hella stantz car it would be.
                  Hank Ahrens
                  1984 Alpine Coupe
                  1978 911sc

Comment

PNW Chit Chat thread

Jesus. So last night I put on my mtechnica turbos. I completely underestimated how much of a hella stantz car it would be.

I lifted mine yesterday, I need bigger tires now

Big thanks to Jeremy for the rear spring adjusters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Those look awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                        Big thanks to Jeremy for the rear spring adjusters.
                        What sort of rear spring adjusters did you use? I need something similar for my vert.
                        '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

They are just the kind that come with pretty much any coilover kit - sit on the spring perch and have an adjuster. I don't use them on the racecar (becauseRaceCar) so I had an extra set just sitting around that I gave Seth. Looks like it worked good, and really does make the car sit a little better.

If you look/ask around, I'm sure someone else may have an extra set floating around for cheap or free.

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post

Current pics floating around?
                          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                          2016 Ford Flex
                          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                            They are just the kind that come with pretty much any coilover kit - sit on the spring perch and have an adjuster. I don't use them on the racecar (becauseRaceCar) so I had an extra set just sitting around that I gave Seth. Looks like it worked good, and really does make the car sit a little better.

If you look/ask around, I'm sure someone else may have an extra set floating around for cheap or free.
                            Ahh so I take it you have to use coilover-type springs then? I am looking for something to add to my H&R Race as fully loaded with a hardtop it's too low.
                            '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                              Ahh so I take it you have to use coilover-type springs then? I am looking for something to add to my H&R Race as fully loaded with a hardtop it's too low.
                              How about adding another spring pad? Cheap for the time being but it sounds like you may need a coil spring rear setup with adjusters. Or air
                              - Greg
                              α Team Founding Member
                              1984 BMW 325 Henna Rot - Sarah -Uber project
                              2011 BMW 335d LeMans Blau - Daily Diesel Torque monster

Comment

im going to need some pics. ive only ever seen those wheels once in real life on some vw. ive never been a super stance guy but i totally see how you could get into it with something like that
                                Originally posted by BewWoo
                                That's what she said.

Comment

Working...
                                X