No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought AKG had there stuff made from a company in INDIA, i have heard this many times. I forget the plastic companies names

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Does anyone have experience with Wa state patrol VIN checks? I saved a e32 from the scrappers last night and I'l need to have a VIN check prior to registering it. I'm slightly worried that the flashing SRS light will cause me to fail the inspection.
      m106 1990 e30
      e36 daily
      e32 cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
        Does anyone have experience with Wa state patrol VIN checks? I saved a e32 from the scrappers last night and I'l need to have a VIN check prior to registering it. I'm slightly worried that the flashing SRS light will cause me to fail the inspection.
        I have no idea, but I thought about registering two lachs cars under one registration/set of plates.. never ended up doing it though.

If someone could give me a hand welding a nipple to the oil dipstick for my obd2 ccv that would be much appreciated.

Comment

Pull the bulb...
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

If you have the title and it matches the VIN on the car that is all they look at. You don’t even have to be able to drive it in, you don’t need to turn on the ignition. If it is a salvage title there are other hoops you might have to jump through but a flashing SRS light won’t be your biggest problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
              Pull the bulb...
              I've been told they put the key in to make sure the srs light comes on at start up. Otherwise it would already be out.
              m106 1990 e30
              e36 daily
              e32 cruiser

Comment

Does the car still have the airbag wheel?
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yes. It pulled about 4 codes, front crash sensors and front crash sensor wiring. I noticed on the plugs was loose. Fixed it and reset the codes. airbag light came back on.
                  m106 1990 e30
                  e36 daily
                  e32 cruiser

Comment

Alright based on some research I think this should all work fine, however I've never bought aftermarket wheels and I'd like some sort of assurance before I buy new wheels/tires. See below

Car: 1990 325i Coupe
                    Suspension: FA 500 coilovers
                    Wheel: TRM C1 15x8 et20 all corners
                    Tire: 205/50/r15

Can someone confirm this will work without any rubbing? Do I need spacers??

Thank you!
                    1990 325i Coupe
                    ///PNW e30 CREW

Comment

Your best bet is to ask other with those wheels or a similar setup. If you have coils and you cut off the spring perches then you're not likely to have an issue, et20 is *usually* good enough on an e30. If you don't want to roll your fenders you can always set the coils a bit higher.
                      sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

If the car just needs a VIN check for registration, it will probably be ok. They look
                        at the various VIN tags, fill out a statement of fact, and send you on your way.

If it needs an inspection due to being 'insurance destroyed' or otherwise 'rebuilt' you will need to have
                        a functioning SRS light. It has to come on with the engine off, key on, and then
                        go out within 5 seconds of the engine being started. I went through this with a ti a few years ago-
                        fortunately, it was the occupancy mat, and the clear held long enough to get it inspected.

The Bellevue WSP is pretty painless- they are 3 or 4 car guys who are happy to not
                        be rolling drunks. If you show up with your paperwork in order, they really do try
                        to make your life no harder than the law requires. I built a trailer years back, and they
                        were very helpful with the whole process.
                        And the ti inspection was pretty easy, too.

t
                        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Thanks Toby, I believe it just needs a VIN check since there's no signs of it ever been in a wreck. I think I'll make an appointment and see how it goes.
                          m106 1990 e30
                          e36 daily
                          e32 cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by MikeM View Post
                            Alright based on some research I think this should all work fine, however I've never bought aftermarket wheels and I'd like some sort of assurance before I buy new wheels/tires. See below

Thank you!

Lower your car....... theeeen look at wheels

But as long as your not going dirt nasty low and installing
                            Turbskis you should be ok

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                              Lower your car....... theeeen look at wheels

But as long as your not going dirt nasty low and installing
                              Turbskis you should be ok
                              Check ✔️
                              Coilovers arrive this Thursday. Wheels/tires to be purchased in a couple of weeks. It won't be going dirt nasty low. Thanks!
                              1990 325i Coupe
                              ///PNW e30 CREW

Comment

Originally posted by MikeM View Post

Thank you!
                                I had 15x8 et 20 trm c1 on my car last year with 225 50 kuhmo ecsta ast. I think I had a 5mm spacer on the front. No real rubbing issues.

And I'm probably lower than you lol.
                                Hank Ahrens
                                1984 Alpine Coupe
                                1978 911sc

Comment

Working...
                                X