• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
    I see what you did there
    Right, I was like wtf did I do!!!!???

Comment

Whelp, Broke the dumpster fire.
      Shattered the right side CV at the Diff, Same as what I did on the left last summer. I guess eta axles don't like M60s. lol.

I got another axle, but I think I should be looking at beefier axles. Anyone got any suggestions?
      Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

I would suggest the catuned axles but I absolutely hate that company. Maybe if you can find who they are getting them from directly. Supposedly they handle a lot of torque.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

They have to be the worst company around, Austin’s correct. Weld some galvanized fence pipe to them

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

They have to be the worst company around, Austin’s correct. Weld some galvanized fence pipe to them
            Welding random crap to the axles! Why didn't I think of that! lol

I did some looking around last night. It seems there is no middle of the road on axle streignth. It's either the stock axles, at between $150 and $250 each, or it's the "level 5" 700+ HP rated units, at $1700 for the pair. Damnit, I'm never going to put down that much power! Can't I get a "Level 2" axle? lol

Are the i axles stronger than the eta? I'll have to do some digging. I do have one more axle, I just gotta get off my ass and fix it now.
            Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

The only difference with axles are ABS units and non ABS units. All the same otherwise.

Comment

$$$ 700hp E30 Axles from a reputable brand

Comment

Has anyone tried reaching out to raxles about rebuilding some?
                  Originally posted by Sonny
                  I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Raxles sounds like a spammer account name lol

Comment

My point exactly, $1700 I don't have for axles. lol

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                      Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

I like it!

But make sure you paint the welds or they'll rust, weaken, and break again.

t
                        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Looking for a recommendation for a shop that can weld my coilovers in Portland.

Thanks
                          1990 325i Coupe
                          ///PNW e30 CREW

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                            I would suggest the catuned axles but I absolutely hate that company. Maybe if you can find who they are getting them from directly. Supposedly they handle a lot of torque.
                            Excuse my ignorance but what's wrong with catuned? I've bought from them before and didn't see anything out of the norm.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by vtechnik View Post
                              Excuse my ignorance but what's wrong with catuned? I've bought from them before and didn't see anything out of the norm.
                              Oh jeez just to name a few things because it’s early.
                              1. They did a swap for a guy here, total botched job. Long story short he took them to small claims and won 9000$ for an absolute terrible job.
                              2. They lie/deceive. They are not up front with people, and there coilovers for instance are made by BC. But when you ask them “made in house” and they add like 1000$ to the price then sell them to you.

Many people have dealt with them and been screwed. I suggest you don’t deal with them

Comment

Oh jeez just to name a few things because it’s early.
                                1. They did a swap for a guy here, total botched job. Long story short he took them to small claims and won 9000$ for an absolute terrible job.
                                2. They lie/deceive. They are not up front with people, and there coilovers for instance are made by BC. But when you ask them “made in house” and they add like 1000$ to the price then sell them to you.

Many people have dealt with them and been screwed. I suggest you don’t deal with them
                                In addition to all that, I would never support a company that is only concerned about how big their Instagram presence is. They don't give a fuck about customer service at all. Lots of stories out there about folks who's jobs took forever because their cars weren't "cool enough" to be featured on their Instagram page and got shoved to the back burner.

Comment

Working...
                                X