PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
    It's crazy. I could put up with them being rude when their prices were cheap, but not that they charge an arm and a leg it's been almost a year since I've gone...
    I wanted to grab an Eaton M90 or IHI Twin Screw to play around with the idea of supercharging my M20. Fuckers want $300 for a Supercharger from a car that is usually crushed on ingest.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

I quit going, when they really raised the prices, sometime around 2012-2013. I can count the number of times I've gone, since then, on one hand.

We have a local vulture/hoarder, who has an in with the manager, and gets to pluck the cars clean, before they even get out in the yard. Needless to say, I was pissed when I found that out and subsequently, quit visiting the yards.

Factor in the fact, that nobody sends E30s to the yards anymore, and there's really no reason for me to go.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Shoot I can also count how many times in that window as well - and still be holding a fist. Or maybe just one finger.

But ya, their pricing has gotten crazy and people either strip them clean or just go out there and beat the sh*t out of the parts they are not interested in.

I used to love a lot of the non-Pick & Pull yards that weren't part of that whole system they got now. Used to be one in Gresham just off Eastman Parkway (it's apartments now) and a couple others out in the sticks. Miss the days of just hauling a bunch of crap up to the desk and them being like "$50.."

It was far better than Division street back in the day. I hated going to them, because half the time they'd try to sell you a bent or broken part that was in no way reusable.

I pretty much just lump the U Pull it yards in with the guys trying to flip 10 year old (rebuilt) Toyota Corolla's on CL.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Whats the deal with Gresham auto wrecking? They're all over craigslist and state they're willing to ship but I consistently get blown off by them.
          m106 1990 e30
          e36 daily
          e32 cruiser

Comment

I was over at Gresham auto wrecking the other day. They have basically zero E30 stuff, but lots of E46 stuff like everyone. They seem to be good to deal with in person.
            Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

It's just totally ruined yards for me, I liked when I could walk in and browse cars for parts that I might want to use on any of my vehicles, now I may as well not bother cause shit is always more money then an offbrand new.
              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
              willschnitz

Comment

Anyone got an M54B30 lying around? Interested in just the shortblock too..
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
                  Whats the deal with Gresham auto wrecking? They're all over craigslist and state they're willing to ship but I consistently get blown off by them.
                  Yeah, customer service isn't their strong suit. Unless you go there in person and be a thorn in their side, you won't get anywhere, at least, in my experience.

Comment

You mean Joe Dirt finally realised how to use the internet?
                    Originally posted by Matt-B
                    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Anyone have a parking brake return spring laying around? Mine decided to launch itself into the abis, never to be seen again.
                      m106 1990 e30
                      e36 daily
                      e32 cruiser

Comment

I'll check my used parts box tonight.
                        Last edited by RainRider; 03-18-2019, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Does anyone have a damaged late model front bumper support? I need one to cut up a bit for a project and don't want to ruin one in good condition.
                          m106 1990 e30
                          e36 daily
                          e32 cruiser

Comment

I have one that isn't very pretty.

Comment

There are still some deals to be had at the Pick n Pull. I just picked up some Rx7 4pot calipers for under $40 and an m-tech E46 steering wheel for $19. They aren't going on the E30 though, I just scavenge for good deals to fund my E30 parts.

Comment

Better hope whoever is buying your parts doesn't see your above message first...

Comment

Working...
                                X