ID:	9922006 Click image for larger version

Name:	9CEF4E88-5CB0-4BD8-B9D9-F1FB0D7ACDAE.jpeg
Views:	544
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	9922005 Click image for larger version

Name:	2BD6834B-D846-48CA-94DE-905F7DE40320.jpeg
Views:	551
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	9922004 Got my Turkish seals today! Overall they aren’t bad at all. Negatives are that they are open ended. They’re sealed at the right angle corner, but then have a cut in them that I’ll have to seal myself. I’m assuming they did this so they could be less precise in the manufacturing. They did fit really nice though, and there’s more than enough left over to trim it precise. The corner that they sealed doesn’t look great, but I’ll use some good quality door seal glue and it should be fine. They also don’t have the little felt rim that’s on the OEM seals but this is pretty minor. It looks great on the interior, it matches up nice even without the felt. Overall I’m pretty happy. Pretty solid fix for a relatively cheap price

Originally posted by Dozyproductions
      All girls fuck but not all girls fuck around with combustion engines.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	70F9F80B-01AC-4512-9759-BCAC328A5512.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	62.7 KB ID:	9922013 Just trimmed it and it fits perfect. Door closes nicely, no issues. Just a tip: trim it a tad longer than you think, I thought I was going to have a bit leftover after the first cut but it ended up being perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by mamzak View Post
          Click image for larger version Name:	70F9F80B-01AC-4512-9759-BCAC328A5512.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	62.7 KB ID:	9922013 Just trimmed it and it fits perfect. Door closes nicely, no issues. Just a tip: trim it a tad longer than you think, I thought I was going to have a bit leftover after the first cut but it ended up being perfect.
          mamzak thanks for the info on these.

Honestly I think the generic bulk seals that usualdeviant used are a much better deal now. I figured that these Turkish seals were worth the extra cost if they were a perfect fit and I didn't have to worry about trimming and gluing the ends together. But if they are open ended, and the one joint they do glue is sloppy, then whats the point? I mean, they still look fine, but for over twice the cost and only save 25% of the work doesn't seem worth it.

Actually that's all assuming the seal material is the same, or darn close. Can you or someone that has received them measure them so we can compare them to the bulk seal for sale on ebay? Like this;

Click image for larger version

Name:	Qu2lL6y.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	9922027

Thanks!
          2002 530i - Daily
          2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost - wifes/family hauler
          1986 325es - fun car (or money pit depending on who you ask)

My build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=422370

Comment

Originally posted by shawmcbigdis View Post

Can you or someone that has received them measure them so we can compare them to the bulk seal for sale on ebay? Like this;

Name:	Qu2lL6y.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	9922027

Thanks!
            This would be awesome. I was digging around McMaster Carr for their bulk seal and, assuming they have the same size as the turkish and ebay seals, they have versions where the seal grip material is more similar to the OEM seal minus the felt. I personally dislike the felt so I'm perfectly okay with ditching it, but I prefer the textured vinyl grip over the plain rubber of the ebay bulk and turkish seals. It may cost a little bit more, but also made in USA and potentially closer match.

See below:
            https://www.mcmaster.com/seals/edge-...~vinyl-rubber/
            1986 325e Pearl White on Grey Houndstooth 24x,xxx miles M30b35 Swapped
            2002 525i Jet Black on Sand Beige 13x,xxx miles
            "This 2.5 liter inline six cylinder is smoother than my silk Versace underwear." -Vehicle Virgins

Comment

Why not measure the OE seals on your car and compare them to what is available? The ebay seals seem to fit fine given the price, just have to redo that corner. Trimming ends to fit is a complete non-issue. You probably even have to trim OE seals to fit. I'm interested to see the results either way, and would buy the ebay seals based on what I've seen in this thread. Can't swing it right now though

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                Why not measure the OE seals on your car and compare them to what is available? The ebay seals seem to fit fine given the price, just have to redo that corner. Trimming ends to fit is a complete non-issue. You probably even have to trim OE seals to fit. I'm interested to see the results either way, and would buy the ebay seals based on what I've seen in this thread. Can't swing it right now though
                Because my seals are 35 years old and trashed, that's why I need new ones. There are 2 seals we are talking about, both on eBay, both look exactly the same in the pics. The "Turkish" ones cost over twice as much and the only difference is the cut it at 45 and poorly glued it together there. If it really is the same fit as the other one that seems like a lot to pay for not much. And I'm pretty sure stock seals are seamless. So with the Turkish seals you are getting 2 seams, at least with the bulk seals you can cut and glue it so there is only a single seam. And I'm with jdance the McMaster seal seems like the way to go and it looks like it would be barely more than the bulk seals on eBay, and still less than the Turkish ones Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
                2002 530i - Daily

Comment

I would just like to add that the speaker cover under the kick panel goes under my OEM seal, while this new seal doesnt allow for it as its too short so there is a weird slightly under at the top, sticking out at the bottom issue.
                  Otherwise I agree fully with the previous statement by Mamzak.

They also held up perfectly fine in the pouring rain/ going 60 MPH, no issues with sound etc. Although I am on all poly bushings so keep that in mind that anytime im over 3k RPMS I cant hear anything lol
                  85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

Kind of hard to get super accurate measurements, but this is what I just measured using vernier calipers on the “Turkish seals” I just received. Click image for larger version

Name:	C502EE63-A3D6-4E49-B5FA-B31FE1DCA45F.jpeg
Views:	530
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	9922257

Comment

Originally posted by mamzak View Post
                      Kind of hard to get super accurate measurements, but this is what I just measured using vernier calipers on the “Turkish seals” I just received. Click image for larger version

Name:	C502EE63-A3D6-4E49-B5FA-B31FE1DCA45F.jpeg
Views:	530
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	9922257
                      mamzak, thanks for this! So it looks like the bulk seal that usualdeviant linked to is a bit bigger, which it looks like in the pics.

Name:	7xCAwrT.png
Views:	521
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	9922298

But based on your measurements I think we can find a good match on McMaster.
                      2002 530i - Daily

Comment

Sorry guys I have been slacking on this. The damn Pandemic has been hectic. If there is a good basic material that can be head bonded or built out at the corner let me know and I will see if I can have it built and bonded. It may be super inexpensive if we can use off the shelf stuff.
                        1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
                        5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

Trigger has been pulled. Looks good enough for the savings. Did not bother making an offer though, it said there were 6 left and 2 competing offers. Sedan. Holy crap, just saw the pix, mamzak. Sloppy. Oh well, can't go back. Yeah, the seals I used make it so you have to slam the doors to get them closed. Not sure what I'll be doing with them now.
                          Last edited by usualdeviant; 05-04-2020, 07:30 PM.

Comment

I have some materials being delivered soon.
                            1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
                            5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

Arrgh, with all this Covid craziness, I lost track of this. Anyway, I ordered some bulk seal from ebay, this stuff specifically;

Based on the measurements from mamzak its almost the exact same. However, it is obviously to small. I honestly think every deminsion of it is to small. THe gap for fitting it onto the body is extremely tight, so much so that where it also goes over the kick panel I could barely get it on. Then the seal part is way to small. With the door closed I can stick my finger between the door and seal and almost out of the car. Based on my car even the stuff usualdevient linked to seems a bit small, as its just under an 1/8th thicker.

next step is to try and find the best part of my stock seal that I took off, and try and measure that, add a bit and go from there I suppose.
                              2002 530i - Daily

Comment

anyone end up measuring their stock seal? I would but I'm in the middle of fixing rust and my seals are packed up in a box somewhere in my garage.
                                1991 318is ---230K - DD
                                1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
                                so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Working...
                                X