DIY - E36 window switch retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kwaaahhh View Post
    Oic thanks man! So which one would you recommend, the big or small base switches. Going to head to the junk yard this weekend, see what i can find.
    Get the big base switches for now. Small base ones need a bunch of circuitry and custom work to make them work.

Too tired now to explain, I've been breathing old people farts on an airplane for most of the day :(
    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by learningcurve86 View Post
      question: you know how when our doors are open the over-head lights are on, and when they close the lights go off? has anyone made a system were the lights stay on for say.... 30 seconds after the doors shut? maybe i'm the only one that wants this...
      Yea, that would be me. But my unit is even better - rather then the light just turning off at the end of the 30 seconds, they DIM out slowly - and they dim out when you put the key in the ignition too. I have one unit left - more info here....

Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        Get the big base switches for now. Small base ones need a bunch of circuitry and custom work to make them work.

Too tired now to explain, I've been breathing old people farts on an airplane for most of the day :(
        Thanks kronus, I'll look for those.

Comment

George is that my unit you are selling??? LOL

and I guess I cannot use the small bases with the one touch either, I was buying some from a guy on ebay.??

Originally posted by george graves View Post
          Yea, that would be me. But my unit is even better - rather then the light just turning off at the end of the 30 seconds, they DIM out slowly - and they dim out when you put the key in the ignition too. I have one unit left - more info here....

sigpic
          WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

just finished mine

Comment

EID Mubarak Mohammed, nice work and thank you for reminding me that I need to do this. I will do it in preparation to George's one touch window switch module.
              sigpic
              WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

Originally posted by Aerton View Post
                EID Mubarak Mohammed, nice work and thank you for reminding me that I need to do this. I will do it in preparation to George's one touch window switch module.
                eid mubarak to u too.... what u mean about the one touch module? is he gonna make it work ?

Comment

George is an amazing guy, keep an eye on his products and be patient as he is now producing some great gauges, have a look.

sigpic
                  WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

thanks, he certainly has a talent

Comment

I hate looking like the d-bag, but what is the benefit of running these switches? I'd really like to have a 1-touch mode for mine. What the hell were those engineers in Munich thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
                        I hate looking like the d-bag, but what is the benefit of running these switches? I'd really like to have a 1-touch mode for mine. What the hell were those engineers in Munich thinking?
                        They're awesome. I have them. Looks cool. Light up and oh do they feeeeel nice.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                        ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post

im with you on that.... i think it gives the e30 interior a much better look and feel

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                            But no 1-touch operation, eh? (that's my Canadian accent...)

Comment

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
                              But no 1-touch operation, eh? (that's my Canadian accent...)

Thats the only problem, no one touch

Comment

there is no need for one touch ..Just think putting an E36 switch on your E30 looks great and you know you show them off..................

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
                                I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
                                "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

Working...
                                X