X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one of these days I'll be joining you guys..if my car ever sells lol

Comment

Originally posted by strypt View Post
      By the way, I guess this is the current leader in M42 power?

What is going on in his m42? Not sure what components he's using

Comment

This is his build thread at PPF:

Basically fully forged bottom end, still original crank but 85 mm bore. 9.0:1 CR, custom cams, ported head, S50 ITB's, Precision 5862 @ 2.1 bar boost and E85.

Comment

I have been watching that motor for a long time too :)

I got an English to Swedish dictionary just so I could read some of the threads! Thats dedication!!!
          -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

A megasquirt V2 unit popped up in my local e30 group last night for $250 with the trigger wheel and harness. I haven't gotten around to doing my research on engine management but I didn't want to miss out on a good deal. I got a rough idea of what they go for and decided that was probably decent.

Anyway, looks like I'll be going standalone. I've got a lot of research to do.
            sigpic

Comment

^^Best investment you'll make.

Originally posted by Peattie View Post
              one of these days I'll be joining you guys..if my car ever sells lol
              Youre selling your m20 turbo and going m42 turbo?

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=294941
              Last edited by MF DOOM; 07-26-2013, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MF DOOM View Post
                ^^Best investment you'll make.

Youre selling your m20 turbo and going m42 turbo?

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=294941
                Yeah I want a late model two door and Im trading a guy that has a 91 318is. motor will need work but pretty much everything else on the car is new. So looks like turbo m42 for me.

Plus there arent many m42 turbos and I like being different. Kinda like I'm the only one not running a front bumper lol

Comment

Buy my head and injectors! Ill make you a deal Pretty stoked to hear you're going m42.

Comment

I need to fix the bottom end first. lol .

Comment

Hey guys! So I have a 1988 325ix now that I'm fixing/ daily driving. But I'm looking for a 318is that needs work because I wanna build it from the ground up and turbocharge it. Even though I don't have one yet, what do you guys think would it be possible to push 250-300 whp with a M42 if I fully rebuild it and what not.

Just kinda looking into this and wanting to get information from others that have done it.
                      -Dee
                      5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
                      IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Shouldn't be an issue. Get ARP head studs and an MLS if you want to drop compression.
                        -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

What is everyone doing about the crank case vent? Catch can? Breather filter?

Comment

I'm going to run 2 -10 lines off the rocker cover into a 2l catch can with a breather.
                            - Chris
                            Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

to tha flo.

I have a catch can that i may install someday..

Comment

I read somewhere that having negative pressure on the valve cover/ crankcase was a good thing which makes me thing that having a sealed catch can connected to the valve cover and before the turbo would be a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X