No announcement yet.

Project: Spielereien. AKA "The dumpster fire"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotcha, instead of cutting the stock mount yeah? I hadn't seen this before, looks like it would make the swap super clean.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
    Transaction feedback
    - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
      Gotcha, instead of cutting the stock mount yeah? I hadn't seen this before, looks like it would make the swap super clean.
      Exactly. Less cutting, More stock appearance, a lot cleaner. I got mine special order from Pelican for about the same cost as ECS....

Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Awesome thanks!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
        Transaction feedback
        - jpod999

Comment

So the last month or so has been dedicated to putting a new crank, rod bearings, and main bearings in a buddies 5.4 triton out of his 06 F150. That project is done.....well the motor is back in the truck and out of my garage, it randomly died today on his way to work, and we can't get it to restart. Regardless, it's out of my garage, so over the next few evenings, I'm going to get the garage cleaned, and get some things organised, Then party time!

In other words, Hopefully, in the next 2 weeks or so, it's go time.
          Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
            So the last month or so has been dedicated to putting a new crank, rod bearings, and main bearings in a buddies 5.4 triton out of his 06 F150. That project is done.....well the motor is back in the truck and out of my garage, it randomly died today on his way to work, and we can't get it to restart. Regardless, it's out of my garage, so over the next few evenings, I'm going to get the garage cleaned, and get some things organised, Then party time!

In other words, Hopefully, in the next 2 weeks or so, it's go time.
            I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
            Transaction feedback
            - jpod999

Comment

looks like both of us are having problems with junkyard motors.
              i just went ahead and decided to do a rebuild on mine.
              cant wait to see what's next on yours.
              e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

Oh shit, It's go time!

Got the garage all reorginized, and cleaned today, despite being sick as fuck. Once I got the E30 in there, I decided now was as good as a time as any to get started. Took about an hour and a half to get to where it's at now. The lower mounting point on the left side fender was all bent up and fucked....
                Last edited by delamaize; 07-09-2017, 08:46 PM. Reason: Photobucket is the Devil
                Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Tuesday update, We got the last of the AC bullshit out of the engine compartment, removed the cooling system, got the wiring harness all disconnected, and set a side, Started disconnecting the Power steering lines, I gotta borrow a bigger wrench for the banjo connection on the pump. I pulled a bunch of the small things also, like the Air filter housing and barndoor, Removed the coil, throttle cable, heater lines, etc. Basically, we have the engine mounts, transmission mounts, Exhaust, Clutch slave cylinder, and shifter, then the motor and tranny ready to get yarded out.

Maston and I also discussed how we are going to do the removable core support. We are doing something a little different than what others have done, I'll post a little more about it later. we are still looking to see if our idea is even feasible.

On the brakes front, I found that my tax return is Significantly larger than what I was expecting, so I am going to order the garagistic Brake/clutch pedal box, with the wilwood pedal sets. So I will probably sell the E39 remote master set I have, once I get the new stuff.
                  Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Tuesday update, We got the last of the AC bullshit out of the engine compartment, removed the cooling system, got the wiring harness all disconnected, and set a side, Started disconnecting the Power steering lines, I gotta borrow a bigger wrench for the banjo connection on the pump. I pulled a bunch of the small things also, like the Air filter housing and barndoor, Removed the coil, throttle cable, heater lines, etc. Basically, we have the engine mounts, transmission mounts, Exhaust, Clutch slave cylinder, and shifter, then the motor and tranny ready to get yarded out.

Maston and I also discussed how we are going to do the removable core support. We are doing something a little different than what others have done, I'll post a little more about it later. we are still looking to see if our idea is even feasible.

On the brakes front, I found that my tax return is Significantly larger than what I was expecting, so I am going to order the garagistic Brake/clutch pedal box, with the wilwood pedal sets. So I will probably sell the E39 remote master set I have, once I get the new stuff.
                    That tax return must have been a very nice surprise, I'm hoping I can spend mine on the same thing lol

I'm looking forward to seeing your first test fit!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                    Transaction feedback
                    - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                      That tax return must have been a very nice surprise, I'm hoping I can spend mine on the same thing lol

I'm looking forward to seeing your first test fit!
                      Yeah, it was really nice to have it. this will make the entire process a lot easier, and better performance overall.

Tonight, when I got home from work, I decided I was going to pull the exhaust, well once I start working, I can't stop sometimes. Needless to say, I got the M20B27 and tranny yanked out. I got a lot of cleaning to do. I also discovered that my power steering leak might not be in the rack, I think it may have been leaking from the bottom of the reservoir, judging from where the oil and grease is in my engine bay. I still need to decide if I am keeping the power steering or not, I do have a block off plate. Also, does anyone know if I can get away with a E36, M3 or Z3 rack and the M60 swap? I have heard conflicting information if it will work with the standard Garagistic Engine mounts arms and poly mounts?

Anyways, Here's the pictures.

Last edited by delamaize; 07-09-2017, 08:52 PM. Reason: Photobucket hates their users
                      Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Yeah, it was really nice to have it. this will make the entire process a lot easier, and better performance overall.

Tonight, when I got home from work, I decided I was going to pull the exhaust, well once I start working, I can't stop sometimes. Needless to say, I got the M20B27 and tranny yanked out. I got a lot of cleaning to do. I also discovered that my power steering leak might not be in the rack, I think it may have been leaking from the bottom of the reservoir, judging from where the oil and grease is in my engine bay. I still need to decide if I am keeping the power steering or not, I do have a block off plate. Also, does anyone know if I can get away with a E36, M3 or Z3 rack and the M60 swap? I have heard conflicting information if it will work with the standard Garagistic Engine mounts arms and poly mounts?
                        Looks like the rack question just got brought back up: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=352040
                        Last edited by jpod999; 02-16-2016, 09:43 AM.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                        Transaction feedback
                        - jpod999

Comment

Small progress tonight, master cylinder, and pedals are out of the car. Hopefully this weekend I can roll it back outside, and start cleaning the engine bay.
                          Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Chassis is going to get wheeled out and bay cleaned tomorrow. Then we are going to start on the removable Radiator core support. We are doing something kinda different. Stay Tuned!
                            Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Maston came down this morning, before work, to help with some of the welding that needs to be done. Well I didn't have a good evening the night before I'm a firefighter, and we had a LONG night. He said he wanted to do something to "cheer me up." So he talked me into doing a test fit without the trans. Overall, we are looking good, It's not in the right mounting holes on the subframe, but it still looks pretty good. Once we get some areas marked we need to clearance, We will pull it back out, and get more done, like cleaning and painting the valve covers....

Last edited by delamaize; 07-09-2017, 10:22 PM.
                              Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Dumb things were done.

Maston and I have an different idea for a removable radiator support, so we are working though it right now. the nice thing is if our idea doesn't work, we can still just remove the whole thing and get a new one. to put in.

More things happened, we pulled the flex plate, and installed the UUC flywheel and new pilot bearing. Kinda sad that no one will ever see this flywheel, once it's in the car. It's so pretty.

We started putting the clutch on also, but we discovered that half the bolts from the M20B27 clutch were 8.8, and the others were 10.9, so this is as far as we got tonight. Maston lives close to a Tacoma screw, so he's going to pick up some 10.9 bolts to replace all the Pressure plate hardware.

The plan was to get the transmission married to the motor tonight, but without the pressure plate hardware, we are kinda stuck. Instead we installed the subframe spacers.

slowly we are getting there.
                                Last edited by delamaize; 07-09-2017, 09:03 PM.
                                Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Working...
                                X