Subframe bushings: Who'd you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

might want to check in on those. Most poly bushings much over 15yr are usually dust.
    I had it apart a while back - still fine. they have a metal sleeve so the bushing itself doesn't actually move, so maybe that's why it never squeaked.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

i recently did sub frame bushes but i filled the gaps using silicone to make them solid rubber
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

might want to check in on those. Most poly bushings much over 15yr are usually dust.
        This just means Nando isn't driving the car at all!

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
        after some seriously poor quality bushings from AKG, i use Powerflex (purple) only now, for a street car, unless i'm reinstalling OE bushings.
        Any soft poly bushing will get beat into, same with powerflex.

Only substitute is group N subframe and Z3M or IX diff bushing.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

I have two e30's one for the street and one the other for the track. The track car has poly everywhere and it squeaks like everyone here has mentioned. The street 1990 coupe is an 325i and the P.O installed poly engine, diff, trans and trailing arm bushings in poly and it felt and sounded like I was ridding on a train. I left the poly trailing arm business in, added Treehouse FCA bushings in Poly and replaced the engine, trans and diff bushings with OEM rubber and its sweet. the noise is gone but the turn in is crisp. That car still has the original springs and street shocks. its a good combo. I do not know the brand of rear Trailing arm bushing ( its green) but its quiet.

Comment

I used Condor Delrin for all of my bushings and mounts. If you're worried about NVH then don't go delrin. But they don't squeak.

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

Comment

I've run rear end bushings from Lencas (old r3v vendor), AKG, Revshift (x2 cars), and Garagistic.
              The AKG and Garagistic were solid, the others are 95a.

Revshift has a bad reputation for shipping times and their guibos. I have had great luck calling to order, and not ordering during black friday/boxing day sales.
              Their bushings are top notch though, installation is a breeze, teflon lube packets included.

My Garagistic stuff had some issues with the solid subframe riser bushings. Material doesn't seem very durable, I installed with a rubber mallet and the lip snapped off so I had to basically machine/make a separate top for it.

The Lencas stuff was crap. Held up well but was machined polyurethane, so nothing was concentric (especially the RTABs)

I sold my iX with all revshift rear and was happy with that setup.

My iS has garagsistic solid subframe bushings (12mm riser), AKG delrin diff mount, and Revshift 95a RTABs.
              I have new Revshift 95a subframe riser bushings and 2x 95a diff mounts in box to go on at some point this year.

That said, if I ordered something set today, I'd run stock RTABs for the squeak. I don't think you'd notice a difference in feel between stock and poly RTABs.
              Last edited by Northern; 05-13-2022, 05:18 AM.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post

This just means Nando isn't driving the car at all!
                haha, actually I've driven it pretty regularly the last few years. Ironically, when I was taking photos for one of the ix suspension threads, I noticed my passenger side inner CV-boot is likely ripped (the Achille's heal of the ix). Recently we've had awesome days that I really wanted to take it out, but I don't want to damage the CV joint, and having worked 80+ hour weeks recently, I just don't have the time to mess with it unfortunately..
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Thinking about the Blue 85A AKG rear subframe bushes.
                  Anyone used the 85A ones? Anyone run a OEM diff bush with poly subframe mounts? i assume its fine as ill be using the OEM solid rubber
                  89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

Comment

That's what I've been running on my cars. AKG blue 85A subframe bushings with solid rubber diff bushing. My 24v car has around 6 years/40k on this setup and copied it for my m20 car about 10k miles ago.

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                      Thinking about the Blue 85A AKG rear subframe bushes.
                      Anyone used the 85A ones? Anyone run a OEM diff bush with poly subframe mounts? i assume its fine as ill be using the OEM solid rubber
                      currently running AKG 95a black in subframe and trailing arm in my s50 car, OE Z3-M diff bush. no issue with running the mix of rubber and poly.
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by mtech325 View Post
                        That's what I've been running on my cars. AKG blue 85A subframe bushings with solid rubber diff bushing. My 24v car has around 6 years/40k on this setup and copied it for my m20 car about 10k miles ago.
                        currently running AKG 95a black in subframe and trailing arm in my s50 car, OE Z3-M diff bush. no issue with running the mix of rubber and poly.
                        thanks, do you both think it Is it a worthwhile upgrade over OE for the street? or is it more harshness for not much improvement?

Comment

thanks, do you both think it Is it a worthwhile upgrade over OE for the street? or is it more harshness for not much improvement?

with the quality of most rubber components lacking heavily, these days, i would be inclined to go with Powerflex. IMHO, of course.

Comment

with the quality of most rubber components lacking heavily, these days, i would be inclined to go with Powerflex. IMHO, of course.
                            AKG have had issues ?

Comment

AKG have had issues ?
                              last two sets i bought from them were very deformed and made horrible squeaking noises when installed. i'm no noob to poly, it was all lubricated correctly. bummer because i installed a lot of their parts over the years with great results.

Comment

Ahh the post covid quality problems

Comment

Working...
                                X